Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We’ll go up

Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:33 pm

Had a really wobble after reading myself but now even though we haven’t been spectacular this year I think we’ll be in the top 6 at least. This isn’t a strong championship this year and the teams at the top right now won’t stay there in my opinion. I don’t think another team in this league has the amount of key players injured at this early stage that we do, the entire spine of the team. We also have the most proven manager in the league in sir Neil. We have also had the premier league relegation hangover but since the debacle at reading we haven’t been beaten in the league which shows that sir Neil has tightened the defence even if we are still lacking a bit going forward. We are lightweight in midfield at the minute which is costing us but the return of pack will sort that out. Glatzel off the mark and the steadying of the rot I genuinely believe again that we will go up this year! The lads have been welcomed back to the championship with a few bad results and now realise that the battle is on and they aren’t premier league players anymore. Come on city!

Re: We’ll go up

Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:34 pm

Real wobble!

Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:03 pm

I admire your optimism but they look like a mid table side at the moment and with the possible exception of Glatzel none of our signings are as good as the players who left.

Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:03 pm

Agree i really dont think this league is that good , we will win our next two games

Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:12 pm

I know what you mean jj the players we have brought in aren’t of the same standard but we have also dropped to a lower league. When all our players are fit I really think we will see a big difference and we will be much more solid

Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:17 pm

As i have said since the start of the season we will be up their. Deffo top 6 by the end of the season maybe challenging for top 2.

Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:01 pm

Don't see it myself and reckon we'll finish 10th or somewhere around there. Hope your right though.

Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:33 pm

warnocksbarmyarmy wrote:Had a really wobble after reading myself but now even though we haven’t been spectacular this year I think we’ll be in the top 6 at least. This isn’t a strong championship this year and the teams at the top right now won’t stay there in my opinion. I don’t think another team in this league has the amount of key players injured at this early stage that we do, the entire spine of the team. We also have the most proven manager in the league in sir Neil. We have also had the premier league relegation hangover but since the debacle at reading we haven’t been beaten in the league which shows that sir Neil has tightened the defence even if we are still lacking a bit going forward. We are lightweight in midfield at the minute which is costing us but the return of pack will sort that out. Glatzel off the mark and the steadying of the rot I genuinely believe again that we will go up this year! The lads have been welcomed back to the championship with a few bad results and now realise that the battle is on and they aren’t premier league players anymore. Come on city!

Best post I've read in 2 weeks :thumbup: too many fans seem to have lost the faith,and so early too :o :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :old: :bluebird:

Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:46 am

I agree it isn’t the strongest championship but we have not been impressive in any games so far.
Would love to get top 6 but fingers are crossed more in hope than certainly.
Can certainly name 6 better sides than us at the mo but you never know.....get on a run and things can change quickly.
And agree regarding those who were signed are not as good as those who left except for Glatziel imo .
Think Pack has been a massive loss...
Need a win against Middlesbrough as we are solid and not a lot else yet.
Let’s hope we are around top 6 in January as Warnock has said he will be able to make more signings if we are ...
Then it could be interesting

Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:02 am

I never pay much attention to league tables until at least 12 games into the season. However, I have not seen anything to suggest we will be playing PL football any time soon. I am sticking with my prediction of a top ten finish, possibly scraping into the play offs if luck goes our way. Not convinced we are anywhere close to being good enough to be promoted this season, but we will have a better idea after another 5 or 6 games have been played.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:45 am

The last time Neil took us up , I felt the league was similarly below its usual standard as it seems to be thus far. However, despite that squad being similar to the current one, it had Grujic , Gunnarson, Bamba playing really well and in form Zohore and Hoilett. the style is still the same and not to my liking, but there were more goals in that team, we won’t get many goals with this squad unless Neil performs miracles in the January window.. so I Hope I am wrong, I was wrong the last time we got promoted, but top 10 finish for me. I just wish we didn’t have to wait until the end of the season for anew manager, it feels like his announcement to intend to leave has had a negative effect, and I pray that the replacement is someone who doesn’t set up, play or sign players similar to the Warnock way. So far , Our personnel feels like it’s no better than the Slade/Trollope squads

Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:06 pm

I know what you’re saying but under Slade and Trollope we had terrible managers where as now we have a great one. Sir Neil isn’t perfect but he is very good and I truly believe we will be in the top six this year. If we do make the playoffs who would bet against a manager who has been promoted that many times. In warnock we trust