Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kadeem Harris

Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:00 pm

Doing the business at Sheffield Wednesday with goals and assists, should we have let him go on a free? Is he finally fulfilling the potential he had now he's been given a run in a team. Personally don't think Gavin Whyte is as good as him and we spent 2m on him and let Kads go for nothing. I thought he did well with the limited chances he was given last season. I don't know maybe he needed a fresh start.

Re: Kadeem Harris

Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:49 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:Doing the business at Sheffield Wednesday with goals and assists, should we have let him go on a free? Is he finally fulfilling the potential he had now he's been given a run in a team. Personally don't think Gavin Whyte is as good as him and we spent 2m on him and let Kads go for nothing. I thought he did well with the limited chances he was given last season. I don't know maybe he needed a fresh start.

I didn’t see many people complaining when he went tbf.

Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:29 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:Doing the business at Sheffield Wednesday with goals and assists, should we have let him go on a free? Is he finally fulfilling the potential he had now he's been given a run in a team. Personally don't think Gavin Whyte is as good as him and we spent 2m on him and let Kads go for nothing. I thought he did well with the limited chances he was given last season. I don't know maybe he needed a fresh start.

Hindsight is brilliant.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:45 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I did though it is the right move for him. We wasted him here he should been a regular starter for us years ago. Unlike our other wingers he actually runs down the wing a delivers crosses instead of cutting inside far to often. He was unrated by many of our fans simply because unlike other players he wasn’t brought in for big money.

As I said when he left he will score a decent amount and get a lot of assists for Wednesday. I also fancy them to be top 6 they have a very decent squad for this division.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:37 am

phildavies wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I did though it is the right move for him. We wasted him here he should been a regular starter for us years ago. Unlike our other wingers he actually runs down the wing a delivers crosses instead of cutting inside far to often. He was unrated by many of our fans simply because unlike other players he wasn’t brought in for big money.

As I said when he left he will score a decent amount and get a lot of assists for Wednesday. I also fancy them to be top 6 they have a very decent squad for this division.

I agree he is a very good winger and I have always rated him. He did have a bit of anattitude as far as I'm aware. Although this could be due to frustration of not playing knowing he's better than those who were

Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:50 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:
phildavies wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I agree he is a very good winger and I have always rated him. He did have a bit of anattitude as far as I'm aware. Although this could be due to frustration of not playing knowing he's better than those who were

Imho he’s not better than JH, JM or NML

Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:15 am

I remember quite a lot of people moaning at the time we let him go for free.
He is a very good winger who for some reason never quite got his full chance here.

He will be playing in the premier league next before us

Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:37 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I did, I said many time we should have kept him and it's a mistake letting him go.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:13 am

He wouldn't have got in the team under Warnock on a regular basis if he stayed.

I thought he would do well at Wednesday but I don't see that as a reason to keep him. We have a good wide players here under long contracts.

If he didn't leave this summer he would have next summer no doubt.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:41 am

Its all about the style of play to me

He would have done well under Malkys 4141. Reminds me a bit of Conway but obviously quicker. He is a wide midfielder rather than a wide forward

I am a bit surprised in Whyte as he seems another wide midfielder rather than forward.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:57 am

He always had the potential but does he have the mentality? Brilliant start but what happens when things are not going his way?

Overall I think it was best for both parties that he moved on.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:01 pm

Bluebird1990 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I did, I said many time we should have kept him and it's a mistake letting him go.

OK fair enough but if by the end of the season KH has gone into sulk mode and stopped scoring/playing well and had started causing his manager problems over money will you then return and say you got it wrong?

Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:06 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

OK fair enough but if by the end of the season KH has gone into sulk mode and stopped scoring/playing well and had started causing his manager problems over money will you then return and say you got it wrong?

Thats all ifs and buts, you can ask the same question of every single player ever sold with every team on the planet.
You've purposefully set up a scenario there where there is only one answer.
I'm not going to give you the answer you're looking for and say ill say the same, i believe there's huge potential there and we should not have got rid of him

Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:00 pm

As I've pointed out previously though - KH played under 5 different managers (MM, OGS, RS, PT & NW) and NONE of them picked him on any sort of regular basis so, to me, the common denominator in this must be KH himself.
What exactly was wrong and why is something we will probably never know for sure but for him to fail to break through under 5 different managers must be more than coincidence surely.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:03 pm

Clusterman wrote:As I've pointed out previously though - KH played under 5 different managers (MM, OGS, RS, PT & NW) and NONE of them picked him on any sort of regular basis so, to me, the common denominator in this must be KH himself.
What exactly was wrong and why is something we will probably never know for sure but for him to fail to break through under 5 different managers must be more than coincidence surely.

Exactly :thumbup:

Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:46 pm

Different styles bring out different results playing wise! Yesterday he did ok created a goal brilliantly but was absent lot of game hence subbed again!

Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:05 pm

I’ve said it quiet a few times this season I can’t believe he let kamdeem harris he as progressed well over the last few seasons I think Russell shade give him is debut I have always liked Kamdeem but I’m baffled why we let him Go but there’s to sides to every storey

Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:28 pm

phildavies wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Me too,I lamented the fact he would do well with a decent run, my mate who's an owls fan,is enjoying rubbing it in,the fact we let him go for free,already a fans favourite up there :banghead:

Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:12 am

Always said he should have had a run in the team. We have wingers now who can take players on and no final ball.
Well.... Hoilett does have both. But seems to be bench all the time.

Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:59 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:Always said he should have had a run in the team. We have wingers now who can take players on and no final ball.

Tbf while he was here, Kadeem’s final ball (if he got to actually deliver one at all) wasn’t that great.
He was asking for more money and NW didn’t think he was worth what he (his dad) was asking for.
Simple really.

Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:07 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:Always said he should have had a run in the team. We have wingers now who can take players on and no final ball.

Tbf while he was here, Kadeem’s final ball (if he got to actually deliver one at all) wasn’t that great.
He was asking for more money and NW didn’t think he was worth what he (his dad) was asking for.
Simple really.

But the club had an option for another year so didn't need to give him anymore more money. If they just didn't think he was worth the money he was already on then fair enough but we gave him the contract.

Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:19 pm

Most players do well at a new club for a while and I guess they signed him as first choice so may not have the competition he had here.Can't see him being pinched by a prem club any time soon.