Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Joe Ralls / Marlon Pack ‘

Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:35 am

Joe Ralls / Marlon Pack

Monday 16th September 2019

Joe Ralls has arguably been the Bluebirds' best player this season, but he wasn't up to his usual lofty standards against Derby and Cardiff needed Bacuna's brawn and industry to strike a balance and stymie Derby's talented forward line.

Marlon Pack was brought in from Bristol City on transfer deadline day to carry out this type of work. His rotten luck saw him hobble off in the fateful game at Reading and he has not been seen since, suffering a grade three hamstring tear.

It is likely, however, Pack will replace Bacuna when he returns to full fitness in the coming weeks, but the latter's contribution in the last few games should not be underplayed.

He might not have done enough to win over some fans just yet, but in the absence of Pack, like it or not, he now plays a crucial in this Cardiff City midfield.

Re: ‘ Joe Ralls / Marlon Pack ‘

Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:42 am

Just play all of them and nudge Ralls into the hole. Anything is better than Paterson.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:47 pm

CF3BLUE wrote:Just play all of them and nudge Ralls into the hole. Anything is better than Paterson.

I agree, i would play the 3 of them with paterson on the bench

Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:25 am

Yea i agree, i like Patterson but other then heading the ball and work rate/heart. He doesnt offer much, just not blessed with technique etc

Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:10 am

Play Ralls and Pack, with Vassell as a no 10. At least it would give opposition defences and midfield something to think about.
We could keep the front 3 as it is now, so there would be plenty of attacking threat.

Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:04 pm

glas wrote:Play Ralls and Pack, with Vassell as a no 10. At least it would give opposition defences and midfield something to think about.
We could keep the front 3 as it is now, so there would be plenty of attacking threat.

But Vassell isn't a number 10..