Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gary Madine first half v Wigan

Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:38 pm

Wasn’t the first half v Wigan the best stuff we have played this season with Madine up front?

Re: Gary Madine first half v Wigan

Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:42 pm

maccydee wrote:Wasn’t the first half v Wigan the best stuff we have played this season with Madine up front?

I'm not sure it was the best we've played this season but if it was it was certainly not due to having Madine up front.

He was substituted in that game and hasn't really been anywhere near the first team since.

Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:48 pm

I actually thought he played really well as a linkup striker and if Reid was focussed more on the game and not a move away could’ve had an assist or 2

Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:00 pm

davids wrote:
maccydee wrote:Wasn’t the first half v Wigan the best stuff we have played this season with Madine up front?

I'm not sure it was the best we've played this season but if it was it was certainly not due to having Madine up front.

He was substituted in that game and hasn't really been anywhere near the first team since.

Why not? He’s a good hold up striker.

I think it’s safe to say none of our strikers score. We played our best stuff last year with Niasse up top. Didn’t score a goal.

Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:17 am

Cant see him getting anywhere near the first team now or in the future.
5 players in front of him now.

Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:22 am

maccydee wrote:
davids wrote:

Why not? He’s a good hold up striker.

I think it’s safe to say none of our strikers score. We played our best stuff last year with Niasse up top. Didn’t score a goal.

In my opinion he was having a poor game and the manager it would seem agreed in view of the fact that he took him off during the second half.

Bogle looked much more of a threat when he came on and of course scored our second goal.

If Glatzel had been available I'm certain Madine would not have started that game.

Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:58 am

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:I actually thought he played really well as a linkup striker and if Reid was focussed more on the game and not a move away could’ve had an assist or 2

He did have an assist, a good one at that :roll: