Re: It's okay for Luxembourg to moan about Brexit. They get

Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:57 pm

pembroke allan wrote::sleepy2:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Tbailey wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:The coward Johnson runs away like a snowflake because some people booed him and yet people here say that bettel is 'scum' because he carried on. Get a grip.

His speech would have been shouted down by losers on the left who despise democracy and working people.
People like you Josh. Was a low hand to play by a pseudo Frenchman, but it’s what we’ve come to expect.

Boris should have kicked him in the nuts..

You're right, I hate democracy so much that I think we should get under 1% of people to vote for someone and then let him shut down parliament to get his own way. Oh wait.
Or maybe I think that asking a vague question 3 years ago which leads to a narrow decision probably shouldn't be the be all to end all which people can never change their minds about (and which was probably 90% lies and involved breaking the law)

Doesnt matter what question was or how vague it was the simple fact that you cannot accept is there was a democratic vote available to anyone over 18 in this country and the vote was leave!.... Thats democracy isn't it? As for suspension of parliament yes bit dodgy in its timing but what about those MPs ignoring their constituents who democratically voted them in as their mps? Those MPs have no respect for what constituents wanted and are using every tricky they can to block Brexit like bercows statement I will stretch the rules
to stop Brexit!! is that any different from boris doing what he did? Mmmmm think not :old:

I think it's more about the lies that were told about Brexit! Especially how it was going to affect Wales so badly :?

Suppose you haven't read the newly released document by the Welsh government over their no deal brexit plans.
Personal highlights include 'a significant deterioration in public finances' which means higher taxes or cuts needed.
Stacking lorries on the a55 for port overflow.
Having to do preparation tests over publics response to lack of food
Plans to mitigate the risk of no water.
Counselling for farmers because farming in Wales will be f****ed
Although everyone who voted leave knew that they could go without food and water.....

Genuine question but how the hell could Wales have a water shortage because of Brexit. I get, although disagree with the suggestion that there could be shortages of certain food imports from the EU but surely our water distribution is all self contained within Wales/UK. It's not that something I could see where the EU would have any impact?

Hes a wind up merchant even a child knows Wales wont run out water unless its bottled?
And as you can drink from tap and it always rains in wales so they say we will never do so.....hes just trying to bestow how bad Brexit will be in his world?
:laughing6:

I really hope you're joking here because I'm not explaining to adults that we don't directly drink rain water or that we'll just have to drink tap water instead.

And to answer the question above, we import chemicals needed to make the water safe from Europe and so if there are delays in ports etc and the chemicals can't reach the plants then there could be problems.

Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:03 pm

Bluebina wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:Suppose you haven't read the newly released document by the Welsh government over their no deal brexit plans.
Personal highlights include 'a significant deterioration in public finances' which means higher taxes or cuts needed.
Although everyone who voted leave knew that they could go without food and water.....

Do me a favour. Honestly do you really believe there is going to be a lack of food and water :roll:

Give it a rest :banghead:

Mind blowing that some people actually believe we’ll all die of thirst post Brexit.

We need chemicals to make water safe, can you guess where these chemicals come from (clue: not here). As the report and common knowledge establishes, there will be clogged up ports which many trucks either being sent away or have extremely long waiting times. Now hopefully you can see the very slight problem here but if not I'll spell it simply.
We need chemicals to make our water safe, these chemicals come from abroad, to get from abroad to here you need to go through ports, a no deal brexit means these ports will be full/ lorries will be turned away. If the chemical lorry is turned away or stuck then the chemicals won't reach us. If the chemicals don't reach us then we don't drink the water.

Can't we see the problem and get a large supply in advance?

No planet bullshit doesn't allow for stuff like that :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Water companies use a Just in time approach to chemicals as many have short life spans so you can't keep much stocked up.

Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:25 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Tbailey wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:The coward Johnson runs away like a snowflake because some people booed him and yet people here say that bettel is 'scum' because he carried on. Get a grip.

His speech would have been shouted down by losers on the left who despise democracy and working people.
People like you Josh. Was a low hand to play by a pseudo Frenchman, but it’s what we’ve come to expect.

You're right, I hate democracy so much that I think we should get under 1% of people to vote for someone and then let him shut down parliament to get his own way. Oh wait.
Or maybe I think that asking a vague question 3 years ago which leads to a narrow decision probably shouldn't be the be all to end all which people can never change their minds about (and which was probably 90% lies and involved breaking the law)

Doesnt matter what question was or how vague it was the simple fact that you cannot accept is there was a democratic vote available to anyone over 18 in this country and the vote was leave!.... Thats democracy isn't it? As for suspension of parliament yes bit dodgy in its timing but what about those MPs ignoring their constituents who democratically voted them in as their mps? Those MPs have no respect for what constituents wanted and are using every tricky they can to block Brexit like bercows statement I will stretch the rules
to stop Brexit!! is that any different from boris doing what he did? Mmmmm think not :old:

I think it's more about the lies that were told about Brexit! Especially how it was going to affect Wales so badly :?

Suppose you haven't read the newly released document by the Welsh government over their no deal brexit plans.

Genuine question but how the hell could Wales have a water shortage because of Brexit. I get, although disagree with the suggestion that there could be shortages of certain food imports from the EU but surely our water distribution is all self contained within Wales/UK. It's not that something I could see where the EU would have any impact?

Hes a wind up merchant even a child knows Wales wont run out water unless its bottled?
And as you can drink from tap and it always rains in wales so they say we will never do so.....hes just trying to bestow how bad Brexit will be in his world?

I really hope you're joking here because I'm not explaining to adults that we don't directly drink rain water or that we'll just have to drink tap water instead.

And to answer the question above, we import chemicals needed to make the water safe from Europe and so if there are delays in ports etc and the chemicals can't reach the plants then there could be problems.

You do realise that there are many ways of bringing important items into the UK? We are able to provide drinking water to poverty stricken countries and disaster zones. I'm sure we will find a way around this, even if we have to use weird means of transport such as aeroplanes.

Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:42 pm

I mainly read this site as a CCFC fan for over 50 years.. But it's fine having debates on other issues....BUT why so many Brexit threads based on half truths and supported by prejudice rather than facts. The SAME posters clinging together, making the SAME unsupported claims and displaying the worst kind of English nationalism. (Cardiff is the Welsh capital city and the Bluebirds are a Welsh team!). It's like Groundhog Day on here!

The same right wing garbage being regurgitated in the name of Brexit on a site which is a Cardiff City Forum.
That's it from me :wave:

Bodhidharma (5th/6th century, Buddhist monk)

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom". :bluebird: :wave:

Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:51 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Tbailey wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

You do realise that there are many ways of bringing important items into the UK? We are able to provide drinking water to poverty stricken countries and disaster zones. I'm sure we will find a way around this, even if we have to use weird means of transport such as aeroplanes.

Steve
Everything we use comes from EU if you believe above? So brexit means the end is nigh As we will run out of everything because we cannot get it here from anywhere without
going through Calais ect ect and Many people use water direct from wells without chemicals I have done so! So there are ways to get water without using tap water from reservoirs, there is natural spring water about 15miles from me and in brecon guess couldn't use that as got to go to EU before its bottled and wouldn't get through customs? To imply if we leave EU we could not get stuff to make tap water safe is ridiculous ..... anyway take my leave of this thread for couple days I hate getting into a discussion that goes in circles ..... :old:

Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:08 pm

I dont mind a debate on brexit as long as it remains civil etc.
Re the water - Norway isnt in the EU neither is switzerland - and I think they have managed to still be able to drink water.
Switzerland is surrounded by EU countries and survives (think of all those starving millionaires...) - Switzerland joined the Schengen agreement - it has no borders with those EU countries , yet as we know Switzerland is not in the EU

This is worth a read https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44054594

There is life outside the EU - as the rest of the world demonstrates on a daily basis. The UK needs to work together with all countries in Europe (not just EU member states)

Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:33 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:Suppose you haven't read the newly released document by the Welsh government over their no deal brexit plans.

Do me a favour. Honestly do you really believe there is going to be a lack of food and water :roll:

Give it a rest :banghead:

Mind blowing that some people actually believe we’ll all die of thirst post Brexit.

We need chemicals to make water safe, can you guess where these chemicals come from (clue: not here). As the report and common knowledge establishes, there will be clogged up ports which many trucks either being sent away or have extremely long waiting times. Now hopefully you can see the very slight problem here but if not I'll spell it simply.
We need chemicals to make our water safe, these chemicals come from abroad, to get from abroad to here you need to go through ports, a no deal brexit means these ports will be full/ lorries will be turned away. If the chemical lorry is turned away or stuck then the chemicals won't reach us. If the chemicals don't reach us then we don't drink the water.

Can't we see the problem and get a large supply in advance?

No planet bullshit doesn't allow for stuff like that :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Water companies use a Just in time approach to chemicals as many have short life spans so you can't keep much stocked up.

Josh are you stocking up on bottled water for October 31st?

A) Yes, i get very thirsty after trolling Brexiteers.

B)Nah, it's all bollocks and deep down i know it.

Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:39 pm

I didn't see the Luxembourg PM moaning about brexit. Boris was scared to face a crowd and the Luxembourg PM rightly said time was running out and Boris needs to get his shit together and sort brexit out. Not an ounce of him begging the UK to remain or anything like that.

Somehow the leavers have turned this into another "the UK is amazing and they would all love us to stay" type thing though, well done guys.

Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:43 pm

❤️❤️❤️❤️EU

Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:55 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:I didn't see the Luxembourg PM moaning about brexit. Boris was scared to face a crowd and the Luxembourg PM rightly said time was running out and Boris needs to get his shit together and sort brexit out. Not an ounce of him begging the UK to remain or anything like that.

Somehow the leavers have turned this into another "the UK is amazing and they would all love us to stay" type thing though, well done guys.

Boris was scared to face the crowd? This isn't WWF wrestling mate.

Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:49 pm

ElyBoy1984 wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:I didn't see the Luxembourg PM moaning about brexit. Boris was scared to face a crowd and the Luxembourg PM rightly said time was running out and Boris needs to get his shit together and sort brexit out. Not an ounce of him begging the UK to remain or anything like that.

Boris was scared to face the crowd? This isn't WWF wrestling mate.

Never watched wrestling, although if you're such a big fan it might explain why you feel the need to pretend you hate gay people online to prove you're straight pal!

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:32 am

CityBlue93 wrote:I didn't see the Luxembourg PM moaning about brexit.
You obviously didn’t listen to his speech then.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:51 am

Well I've read some Project Fear crap in my time but this lot takes the biscuit ( unless they come from US of EU)!
Now I know how early man died out along with the dinosaur, NO water !!! Have you ever drunk from a mountain stream maybe a well or rain water? Don't want to sound rude but they have got inside your head here Josh.

All who say Boris is scared, would you stand in front of an obviously EU organised baying mob? NO.
He offered to take it inside and Luxembourg PM refused, Now to me that's disrespectful.
EU has run out of ideas with using Eire to trap and punish us so they have moved on to the might of Luxembourg to keep their anti BrExit plan moving and today we see Finland, yes Finland!!!!! Telling us to have a plan ready in 12 days " Or it's over "
( This was straight after his meeting with the new Tsar of EU Macron LMFAO )
Have you remainer folk took the time to see that the EU is using these smaller countries to use their so called friendship with UK to keep us in? Makes sense when they know how much their budgets will be cut WHEN we leave.
How anyone would stay in an organisation that is willing to use a disaster fund to prop up their bank balances in the event of BrExit is beyond me, I thought the EU had all this wealth ( which is why they reckon we should stay ), raiding funds, printing money, cutting budgets, quantative easing.... Sounds like a success story doesn't it?

EU is dying and Germany and France know it.
Apologies for long post now get on with living FFS, we survived before them and will survive after them.
KEEP THE FAITH.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:41 am

JulesK wrote:Well I've read some Project Fear crap in my time but this lot takes the biscuit ( unless they come from US of EU)!
Now I know how early man died out along with the dinosaur, NO water !!! Have you ever drunk from a mountain stream maybe a well or rain water? Don't want to sound rude but they have got inside your head here Josh.

All who say Boris is scared, would you stand in front of an obviously EU organised baying mob? NO.
He offered to take it inside and Luxembourg PM refused, Now to me that's disrespectful.
EU has run out of ideas with using Eire to trap and punish us so they have moved on to the might of Luxembourg to keep their anti BrExit plan moving and today we see Finland, yes Finland!!!!! Telling us to have a plan ready in 12 days " Or it's over "
( This was straight after his meeting with the new Tsar of EU Macron LMFAO )
Have you remainer folk took the time to see that the EU is using these smaller countries to use their so called friendship with UK to keep us in? Makes sense when they know how much their budgets will be cut WHEN we leave.
How anyone would stay in an organisation that is willing to use a disaster fund to prop up their bank balances in the event of BrExit is beyond me, I thought the EU had all this wealth ( which is why they reckon we should stay ), raiding funds, printing money, cutting budgets, quantative easing.... Sounds like a success story doesn't it?

EU is dying and Germany and France know it.
Apologies for long post now get on with living FFS, we survived before them and will survive after them.
KEEP THE FAITH.

Nobody thought of the Irish border question until it was brought up in negotiations which underlines the complete lack of forethought when asking the referendum question.The EU are responsible for their own borders just as we are responsible for ours and peddling the idea that the EU is responsible for the border of any country not within their community is a folly that more and more people now realise.This is a very tough problem to solve and to say our border is an alien group of countries responsibility is a cowardly abdication of said responsibility.Some on here think because were not directly affected by a hard border theres no need to be concerned with this issue which is ok I guess when posting on here.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:55 am

Europe’s borders are so porous as to almost be pointless, so the issue is non-existent. It’s easily fixed by mutual agreement for goods, but is being used as a tool to stop Brexit.

Finland is our latest boss..

Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:47 am

Well all I can say is if a no deal is going to be so beneficial to the UK, why is the "pro-deal government" spending so much money on putting emergency plans in place to try and preserve our ability to get sufficient supplies into the country ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49183324

They are either extremely worried about that prospect and therefore is some mileage in the "scaremongering" or they're frittering out tax payers money away on a whim !

You can't have it both ways, and the amount of money set aside is for public record not opinion.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:48 am

rumpo kid wrote:Europe’s borders are so porous as to almost be pointless, so the issue is non-existent. It’s easily fixed by mutual agreement for goods, but is being used as a tool to stop Brexit.

Finland is our latest boss..

Your answer supports my last sentence.If it was so easily fixable like you say why then are we having problems or are you of the opinion that our problem is someone else's responsibility which seems to be the MO of this government.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:11 am

JulesK wrote:Well I've read some Project Fear crap in my time but this lot takes the biscuit ( unless they come from US of EU)!

First get your tin hat off for the 'obviously EU organised baying mob'.

And can you not say that because you've once drank from a river that means all water is now safe because water borne diseases cause nearly 3.5 million deaths a year. And I'm going to stress here that I don't think brexit will cause 3.5 million people to die or whatever but I'm using that figure to explain why we use chemicals to make our water safe.
To put an end to this water stuff, anyone who thinks that drinking water from rivers or ponds is safe should drink solely from them for a month and see how healthy they feel after.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:46 am

CCFCJosh75 wrote:

And can you not say that because you've once drank from a river that means all water is now safe because water borne diseases cause nearly 3.5 million deaths a year. And I'm going to stress here that I don't think brexit will cause 3.5 million people to die or whatever but I'm using that figure to explain why we use chemicals to make our water safe.
To put an end to this water stuff, anyone who thinks that drinking water from rivers or ponds is safe should drink solely from them for a month and see how healthy they feel after.

Josh you’re a smart boy who’s been brainwashed my Marxist academics.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:32 am

Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

You think Marxist academics have made up water borne diseases?
You seem to be a step away from coming out as an anti vaxxer

Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:34 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

I think most people realise that we have had access to quality drinking water in this country for a long time. I drunk plenty of the stuff long before we joined the Common Market. I can assure you it is not compulsory for a country to be a member of the EU in order to have access to drinking water. I visit plenty of non EU countries, and it is not a problem I have ever encountered. Even the most gullible of you surely can't believe we will be without water just because we leave the EU. How have we managed to survive so long. The EU certainly hasn't been around for long.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:27 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

I think most people realise that we have had access to quality drinking water in this country for a long time. I drunk plenty of the stuff long before we joined the Common Market. I can assure you it is not compulsory for a country to be a member of the EU in order to have access to drinking water. I visit plenty of non EU countries, and it is not a problem I have ever encountered. Even the most gullible of you surely can't believe we will be without water just because we leave the EU. How have we managed to survive so long. The EU certainly hasn't been around for long.

This is like trying to speak to brick walls sometimes.
For the last time: We get the chemicals to make water safe from Europe, Chemicals have a short life span so needs to be quickly delivered, if we leave with no deal then (as the government says) lorries will be stuck at ports or turned away, this will increase the likelihood that the chemicals don't reach where we need them to and thus cause a shortage.
Things that aren't relevant to this situation:
Other countries having water due to actually decent negotiations
This country having water nearly half a century ago.
The fact that it rains
The fact that you once drank from a river and didn't get ill.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:43 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:

Don't need a tin hat for f*cking snowflakes!!
Been using a well on my own property for the last 7 years so shut the f**k up and go learn some facts before spouting drivel.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:20 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

For the last time: We get the chemicals to make water safe from Europe, Chemicals have a short life span so needs to be quickly delivered, if we leave with no deal then (as the government says) lorries will be stuck at ports or turned away, this will increase the likelihood that the chemicals don't reach where we need them to and thus cause a shortage.
The fact that it rains

Josh, do you think EU countries are the only nations capable of producing water purifying chemicals? Have you ever heard of aeroplanes? Have you heard of large container vessels that are capable of sailing from countries far and wide and are able to dock in ports without having to come through the EU. Not everything in the world is produced only by EU countries, and not everything in the world has to come to us via EU countries.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:37 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
glas wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:It's okay for Luxembourg to moan about Brexit. They get £33 back for every £1 they put in, we get 38 pence for every £1 we give!!.

We make a massive trading profit compared to Luxembourg and most others.How desperate is IDS to remind them that we liberated them in the last war.One of the last dregs of the empire that's grizzling because that little countries PM dares to criticize and doesn't doff his cap.

You have your sums back to front. We have a trading deficit (which means a loss or negative amount) with the EU, of between £60 billion and £80 billion (depending on which figures are used). They need us far more than we need them.
We still have massive connections with the old Commonwealth (or Empire if you like) and others who are desperate to start trading freely with us again. Vast and/or profitable economies, like India, Africans, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand.

IDS is right to remind them, if you do not look at history you keep making the same mistakes.
East European countries are desperate for close links with the UK (and therefore NATO) to protect them from Russia.

The remoaners and the EU lied before the 2016 Referendum about there being no plans for a European army. It was always planned (and a EU police force).
Denmark and Estonia are refusing to join (it is rumoured) as they prefer their close links with us and NATO. Even Germany is getting worried as the EU army will become French controlled, and Germany will have to start fully contributing to its own defence for the first time in 60 years.
Our military and intelligence/security services are far better than anything the EU can or will muster.

The Luxembourg PM thought he was being clever (with the EU support) to humiliate Boris but it has massively back fired and even EU leaders are now back tracking, especially with IDS comments that have hit home in countries like Holland (Market Garden Operation 75th anniversary is on now).

And Jackanory makes a comeback.

Boris is humiliating this country but the noose is tightening.

Sorry My Friend the only people who are humiliating our great country are the BAD LOOSERS and the BAD LOOSER MP's - Shame on them all . :old:

Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

The fact that it rains

Josh, do you think EU countries are the only nations capable of producing water purifying chemicals? Have you ever heard of aeroplanes? Have you heard of large container vessels that are capable of sailing from countries far and wide and are able to dock in ports without having to come through the EU. Not everything in the world is produced only by EU countries, and not everything in the world has to come to us via EU countries.

This'll surprise you... The stuff we use does come from there (and due to the short life of the product it's much better to get it closer than from far away surely).
Getting air supplies like we're west Berlin would obviously increase costs so we better hope our brexit dividends are high.
Not answering the last point about using a port because it proves you've not listened to a word I've said this last day.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:28 pm

JulesK wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

Don't need a tin hat for f*cking snowflakes!!
Been using a well on my own property for the last 7 years so shut the f**k up and go learn some facts before spouting drivel.

So you drink directly from the well? With no filtration system in use?

Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:30 pm

What is the current logistics planning for these chemicals Josh, and what is the half-life.

What is the trade name?

Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:33 pm

Jock wrote:
BlueGog wrote:As far as this business is concerned we will have to agree to disagree. City unites us Brexit divides us and all of the four countries that make up the UK. Josh has made excellent points here taken from government documents. To all of you who say it hasn't happened after the referendum, well we haven't left yet have we. If governments in Cardiff and Westminster (yellowhammer) have prepared documents outlining the problems expected, I think there must be something in it don't you? Let's hope, if we crash out, that the nightmare scenarios don't materialise.

As for Luxembourg; small country with a veto on any future potential trade deal, it was Johnson who decided not to participate so must take everything coming his way in my opinion. He was rude and it's not the first time is it.

Your idiotic hatred of the English really is mind numbing, The top clown of Luxembourg tried to set Johnson up. Your so bigoted and bias you actually can’t see that.

I've no hatred at all towards the English people at all. I have many English friends. My 'hatred' as you call; I'd call it discontent, is for Westmister and the English state and how Wales has been treated as a second class 'region' by them for centuries. Thankfully Wales is slowly waking up! Possibly you saw the opinion poll last week that said that 41% of the population are in favour of independence? Quite a jump eh. Soon, England can be left to its own devices and Wales, Scotland and a united Ireland can join the free nations of the world. It's only natural isn't it, as a Brexit supporter who wants 'independence from the EU' I'm sure you understand.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:37 pm

I’ve carried out my own poll in Canton, and 91% of participants want an independent Cardiff.

It’s only natural isn’t it?