Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WARNOCK: LET'S GIVE THE SUPPORTERS SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT!

Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:55 am

Warnock: Let's give the supporters something to shout about

Saturday 21st September 2019

Ahead of Saturday’s match against Middlesbrough, Neil Warnock held a pre-match press conference at the Vale Resort.

The Gaffer began by discussing the upcoming fixture, as the Bluebirds host Boro at Cardiff City Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

“It will be a good test for us,” he began. “I’m looking forward to it. We’ve only had the three league games at home so far this season, so it will be nice to play in front of our home fans again.”

Neil went on to share his thoughts on the visitors, who, similarly to the Bluebirds have now gone four league matches unbeaten.

“They have some good players, and we’re going to have to concentrate on ourselves and try to take our opportunities.”

“They have one of the best sides in the division if you look at their squad.

“They’re set up well in the Championship, especially with players like [Britt] Assombalonga who can score goals from anywhere.

“Boro will give us a good test and keep us on our toes, so we’ll have to give our supporters something to shout about.”

Re: WARNOCK: LET'S GIVE THE SUPPORTERS SOMETHING TO TALK ABO

Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:48 am

Everyone we play has one of best squads

He always covers his ass

:lol:

Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:51 am

3points will get me talking and shouting :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:28 pm

Lets hope we are not talking about about "why does he persist with Paterson" then

Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:37 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Lets hope we are not talking about about "why does he persist with Paterson" then

Love to know what NW sees that us fans don't? Fans all say same thing so are they wrong or does 40yrs experience always means hes right regardless?

Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:55 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Everyone we play has one of best squads

He always covers his ass

:lol:

Didn't know he kept asses :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:07 pm

OK, Why does he persist with Paterson !!!!!!

We were playing 424 most of the game. He may be better than bogle, if so, play him at centre forward then, He is not an attacking midfielder

Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:39 pm

llan bluebird wrote:OK, Why does he persist with Paterson !!!!!!

We were playing 424 most of the game. He may be better than bogle, if so, play him at centre forward then, He is not an attacking midfielder

He’s plays him because he’s Neil Warnock.

He likes his running and work rate and he likes his headers and flick ons. He doesn’t seem to trust Tomlin in that role.

For me, I wish he’d try something new and take him out of the side.

Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:08 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

He likes his running and work rate and he likes his headers and flick ons. He doesn’t seem to trust Tomlin in that role.

With 20 mins to go on Saturday it was crying out for Tomlin to come on and just be able to spread a few passes around and control the game.

Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:03 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

With 20 mins to go on Saturday it was crying out for Tomlin to come on and just be able to spread a few passes around and control the game.

But that not what Warnock does.
He’s playing the safe card instead of using the ‘maverick’ Tomlin.

If we were losing 1-0 or even drawing then maybe he would have brought him on.

For me, I’d have loved to see him come on and go for the second goal but I know how Warnock works.

Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:05 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

But that not what Warnock does.
He’s playing the safe card instead of using the ‘maverick’ Tomlin.

If we were losing 1-0 or even drawing then maybe he would have brought him on.

For me, I’d have loved to see him come on and go for the second goal but I know how Warnock works.

Agree 100% :thumbup: