Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: ONCE AGAIN CARDIFF CITY HAVE FINISHED

Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:56 pm

My View/Opinion

THAT’S 5 GAMES UNBEATEN, ANOTHER CLEAN SHEET, PLAYERS COMING BACK FROM INJURY, THINGS ARE SLOWLY IMPROVING. :clap:

Once again Cardiff City should have finished of the game much earlier on, but not clinical enough, but three points are three points and City did deserve the 3pts :thumbright: :bluebird:

City won by an own goal, but with better finishing Could of won by more.

CARDIFF CITY 1 MIDDLESBROUGH 0 :bluebird:
H/T 1-0
Crowd 23,141
Boro away Support approx 600 fans.

First-half Cardiff had two good chances and should of scored them, over all deserved their 1-0 lead even though it came from a Boro own goal.
City still haven’t been able to create enough for their strikers.

Cardiff City team vs Middlesbrough:

Smithies, Peltier, Morrison, Flint, Bennett, Bacuna, Ralls, Paterson, Whyte, Murphy and Bogle.

Subs :

Etheridge, Nelson, Hoilett, Mendez-Laing, Ward, Vaulks and Tomlin

:bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Ashley Flethcher won goal after 2mins 1-0 :thumbright: :bluebird:

Hoilett came on for Murphy at h/t.

46 mins Bogle misses a good chance .

52nd min Boro miss a sitter.

A few mins later Cardiff should of had a pen?

Bogle hit the crossbar.

Ward came on for Bogle
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ CHANGES CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY ‘

Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:54 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: ONCE AGAIN CARDIFF CITY SHOULD OF FINISHED

Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:21 pm

:bluebird:

Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:34 pm

5 unbeaten and another clean sheet,2 important factors for me.
We will batter someone sooner than later I think when the opportunities start to go in.
We need a settled starting 11 so those players can gel.

Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:38 pm

Plymuff Bloobird wrote:5 unbeaten and another clean sheet,2 important factors for me.
We will batter someone sooner than later I think when the opportunities start to go in.

Agreed :bluebird:

Also I would like to see a settled starting 11 :thumbright:

Re: MY VIEW: ONCE AGAIN CARDIFF CITY HAVE FINISHED

Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:39 pm

Crowd 23,141 :bluebird:

Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:04 pm

Happy with thec3 points but as you say should have killed them off.Boro were dreadful today,lost count of the number times they kicked the ball out of play by mistake :laughing6:
Whyte my Man ofthe march.

Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:12 pm

Some good football at times, the only part which was bad is when we kept booting it to Patterson. we showed we can play some decent football at times today.

Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:26 pm

Should have scored 4/5 with the chances! Paterson is an hindrance rather than an asset! But like I said other week getting better and just off the playoffs with winnable games coming up and players back from injury things looking promising ....:bluescarf:

Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:31 pm

Impressive crowd. Sure the weather helped boost the numbers a little.

Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:21 pm

Correct result, if only because Boro were worse than City. 3 points at the end of the day.

Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:30 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Should have scored 4/5 with the chances! Paterson is an hindrance rather than an asset! But like I said other week getting better and just off the playoffs with winnable games coming up and players back from injury things looking promising ....:bluescarf:

Pats is filling hole left in midfield by summer departures. There was a huge hole in central midfield crying out for a cultured midfielder. All we have on our books is Tomlin at the moment. Anyway well played lads especially Whyte

Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:27 pm

Hopski wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Should have scored 4/5 with the chances! Paterson is an hindrance rather than an asset! But like I said other week getting better and just off the playoffs with winnable games coming up and players back from injury things looking promising ....:bluescarf:

Pats is filling hole left in midfield by summer departures. There was a huge hole in central midfield crying out for a cultured midfielder. All we have on our books is Tomlin at the moment. Anyway well played lads especially Whyte

The performance in patches was good still lot to do but getting there think can get a lot better which bodes well for rest season..
Sorry Hes not filling anything but being a nuisance ? Interesting comment by kid earlier who was mascot he said smithies was told to put ball down right just where Paterson was? Anyway a win is a win :occasion5:

Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:48 pm

Struggling to score still. No one can deny that.

Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:52 am

Mike Strinati wrote:Struggling to score still. No one can deny that.

Very true. Things are just a little off and not quite gelling up front.

Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:51 am

Plymuff Bloobird wrote:5 unbeaten and another clean sheet,2 important factors for me.

I'm not sure some team is going to get a battering , can't beat a very poor bough team at home ,not having played any of the top 6 sides yet and with points dropped at home then imo that doesn't indicate or support your theory is correct.
Wins:
15th (Middlesbrough)
21st (Luton)
24th (Huddersfield)

Draws:
10th (Blackburn)
12th (Fulham)
18th (Derby)

Defeats:
19th (Wigan)
20th (Reading)

Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:45 am

Being realistic now

Middlesbrough were dire yesterday apart from a few counter attacks

We won via an own goal

We looked the best attacking for the first time this season .. with that being said Middlesbrough were dire

Hoofing the ball to Paterson doesnt work we were gaining 0 from it and it's a waiste of possession.

Bennet played well
Whyte is has talent but I really dont think we utilise he skills properly I would like to see him down the left to see if he can cut inside more efficiently and maybe get a few shots off.

I dont think we are good enough for auto promotion intact we are middle table at best at the moment which is where we stand

Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:23 pm

RageJon wrote:Being realistic now

Middlesbrough were dire yesterday apart from a few counter attacks

We won via an own goal

We looked the best attacking for the first time this season .. with that being said Middlesbrough were dire

Hoofing the ball to Paterson doesnt work we were gaining 0 from it and it's a waiste of possession.

Bennet played well
Whyte is has talent but I really dont think we utilise he skills properly I would like to see him down the left to see if he can cut inside more efficiently and maybe get a few shots off.

I dont think we are good enough for auto promotion intact we are middle table at best at the moment which is where we stand

Agreed :thumbright: