Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OT Cardiff Half Marathon

Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:45 pm

Bit of a random one but would anyone happen to have a spare place available for the Cardiff half marathon in a couple of weeks? Or know anyone who would swap from the yellow pen into the red pen? My wife is doing it but has been put in the red pen, with her sisters in the yellow so she is looking to get in the same one as them. The yellow one sets off 10 minutes later. Cheers

Re: OT Cardiff Half Marathon

Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:52 pm

Why doesn't your wife start with the red runners and after a few minutes just have a ten minute rest until her sisters catch up?

She could take a book and have a read for 10 minutes or perhaps a sit down and a nice cup of tea.

Or she could take a newspaper and do a "Ratcliffe/ Sean Morrison" on the side of the road whilst she's waiting.

Hope that helps :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:41 pm

Well it’s the best option at the moment lol

Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:45 am

You can move backwards in regards to the pen. So the person in the red pen will be able to start in the yellow.

Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:52 am

good luck to her, i've just tried taking up running, but a persistent knee injury means im only able to run once a week, and i'm only hitting 2k before my leg gives.

Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:48 pm

Is this the first half of next year's marathon or the second half of last year's marathon?

Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:35 pm

davids wrote:Is this the first half of next year's marathon or the second half of last year's marathon?

Neither, as I don't think Cardiff has a Marathon

Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:11 pm

Dooley1927 wrote:You can move backwards in regards to the pen. So the person in the red pen will be able to start in the yellow.

Cheers - think that may be the best option!