Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BREAKING: CARDIFF CITY ARE APPEALING & DONT AGREE

Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:30 am

Bluebina wrote:

This will be a destructive five pages of arguments when no one on here knows the facts, the lawyers know more than everyone here and arguing if we should or if we shouldn't is futile and a waste of everyone's time.

Roathy will do his usual best to slag off the club and drag everyone in, and some will defend and some will attack the club, but like Brexit no one will change their mind, everyone will stick in their own tribe of pay or don't pay.

No matter what the lawyers will take over we will launch our appeal if that fails it will go to the courts and take years for an outcome, so no matter what anyone thinks, this will go on for years!

It will only be as you say if you find yourself unable to discuss it and instead resort to name calling, you can bet your bottom dollar I won’t. So blame whoever ruins the thread for that, I’m here as I can offer some value in discussing the situation as proven by the last time I discussed it and it panning out exactly as I said it would.

I can guarantee you, this will be settled this season. I don’t know why you keep seeking comfort in suggesting it will take years?!

There is now a club without their star player and no money to replace him. Should Nantes suffer cashflow problems or even suffer drastically in the league as a result, you can also be sure they will be pushing a legal case for damages too. It is within everybodies interests that this is brought to and end sooner rather than later.

In fact, I can even see a scenario where after initial lodging of papers and process starting, the club backing down as it will no doubt be advised that it is an expensive way to lose and be told again to pay up.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:31 am

The personal side has joe been take over by the lawyers.
Insurers are going to fight tooth and nail not to pay, if a new contract hadn’t been signed, then , our insurers will say he was not our player.
It is so sad, but any person or any club who say they would do different to us in this situation I think are not being truthful.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:31 am

Escott1927 wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I’m not sure people can make an absolute informed judgement unless they know all the facts, which of course I don’t.

According the the news on the radio the club are adamant they have documents stating that they have proof that Sala wasn’t registered and officially the clubs player at the time of the incident.

They say FIFA has ignored this.
That is why the appeal process is available.

Whether this is true or not I nor anybody else knows.
So apart from the moral stance, I think the club is correct to appeal.

Lets hope the club has the evidence to turn the decision. Regardless of what happens I don't think we will come out looking good on this. I would say paying the initial payment ONLY would give a bit of respect for us to the outside world. It's easy for me to say that as its not my money.

As soon as we pay anything we are liable to pay it all. It's either we pay it all or we appeal against paying anything. Either way, I think everyone would rather this be cleared up as soon as possible but considering its says in the original statement that the case has civil and criminal considerations both in the UK and abroad I think it is safe to say that this will drag on for some time to come.

The Sala criminal case may drag on, it’s complex. The case regarding you paying Nantes won’t drag on, the criminal case will have no affect on contractual agreements and the acting of intent on them, regardless of technicalities. Hence why FIFA have ordered the club to pay.

Not being registered with the Premier League just means he was ineligible to play in that competition until he was. Many players are not registered to play in the Premier League but are part of a Premier League club. The registration part which ratified the transfer is with the FAW and their international clearance - both were submitted.

Have a day off. I bet you're loving this arnt you. You act like you know all the details to what is going on when the truth is nobody on this forum knows the full details and are just speculating from what they have read online. The technicalities in the contract, no matter how small they were, could have stopped the transfer all together. Sala could have rejected the changes and done a complete U-turn on the transfer. I have no doubt that if he had arrived in Cardiff the contract would have been amended, but he didn't. Now the courts will decide if he was actually a city player and not fifa.

Don't bite mate, he's just trying to slag the club off, ignore him :thumbup:

Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:32 am

welsh-dragon-days wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

This will be a destructive five pages of arguments when no one on here knows the facts, the lawyers know more than everyone here and arguing if we should or if we shouldn't is futile and a waste of everyone's time.

Roathy will do his usual best to slag off the club and drag everyone in, and some will defend and some will attack the club, but like Brexit no one will change their mind, everyone will stick in their own tribe of pay or don't pay.

No matter what the lawyers will take over we will launch our appeal if that fails it will go to the courts and take years for an outcome, so no matter what anyone thinks, this will go on for years!

It will only be as you say if you find yourself unable to discuss it and instead resort to name calling, you can bet your bottom dollar I won’t. So blame whoever ruins the thread for that, I’m here as I can offer some value in discussing the situation as proven by the last time I discussed it and it panning out exactly as I said it would.

I can guarantee you, this will be settled this season. I don’t know why you keep seeking comfort in suggesting it will take years?!

There is now a club without their star player and no money to replace him. Should Nantes suffer cashflow problems or even suffer drastically in the league as a result, you can also be sure they will be pushing a legal case for damages too. It is within everybodies interests that this is brought to and end sooner rather than later.

In fact, I can even see a scenario where after initial lodging of papers and process starting, the club backing down as it will no doubt be advised that it is an expensive way to lose and be told again to pay up.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:33 am

Bluebina wrote:

zzzzzzzzzz no one cares go on your own site, you're only here to wind people up and troll the board.

Aye, so you love to say ad nauseum.

What on earth is winding you up about me discussing this accurately, as proven by the last time I discussed this and since being proven spot on.

I am contributing to the thread, that isn’t trolling. What is trolling is saying “zzzzzz” and taking it off topic in order to goad. Ironic huh.

Anyway let’s have a counter of how many times I request that the topic be discussed sensibly and nothing else. We will start with this one (1).

Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:34 am

welsh-dragon-days wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Ignore this is what he tries to do, drag people in.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:38 am

Bluebina wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Drag you in by taking sense?

Translation “damn he made a good point, I am going to continue to sabotage the thread instead of adding to it in the hope me doing this can cause enough of a stir to get him banned”. Trolling 101. :laughing6:

Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:39 am

welsh-dragon-days wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Drag you in by taking sense?

Translation “damn he made a good point, I am going to continue to sabotage the thread instead of adding to it in the hope me doing this can cause enough of a stir to get him banned”. Trolling 101. :laughing6:

zzz you don't know shit from clay zzz

Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:41 am

Cheers, quiet now then.

Let’s get this back on topic (2).

Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:51 am

welsh-dragon-days wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:Have a day off. I bet you're loving this arnt you. You act like you know all the details to what is going on when the truth is nobody on this forum knows the full details and are just speculating from what they have read online. The technicalities in the contract, no matter how small they were, could have stopped the transfer all together. Sala could have rejected the changes and done a complete U-turn on the transfer. I have no doubt that if he had arrived in Cardiff the contract would have been amended, but he didn't. Now the courts will decide if he was actually a city player and not fifa.

Stop getting over excited and debate like a normal human. No I am not loving it in the slightest, contrary to popular belief I have nothing against Cardiff at all and you will always find me being completely subjective. I have praised your chairman and also happily stated you were in a better position to challenge this season than we were.

Now onto this, you have answered your own question. Should Sala have landed then there would be no issue is your view, and clearly the view of everybody else who is of rational mind. Technicalities are being played upon, yet in contract law technicalities have become largely irrelevant when acted upon as valid. Which is why the Swansea Trust were asked by Huw Jenkins’ lawyer to tear up the shareholders agreement and settle, even though it “technically” isn’t valid as all shareholders didn’t sign - however they acted as if it was valid due splitting shares in accordance to it.

These things were ironed out of contract law because savvy businessmen were always trying to get one over on their partners or buy out rivals.

The club have said that they will pay if FIFA rules they should, yet now are backtracking on that at breakneck speed. I don’t for one second believe anybody when they say they back that decision. It’s horrendous.

Yes you are, if you weren't then you wouldn't have made an account specifically to comment on the matter.

A technicality is still a technicality and whatever the outcome it will be decided in court. The club have the right to appeal Fifa's decision and they have done so. If it is concluded the club have to pay then they will. That has always been the stance of the club, nothing has changed there. Football clubs are businesses at the end of the day and, regardless of you taking the moral high ground, any business would be doing exactly the same thing right now. It is just easy for opposition fans to bash the club as it isnt theirs.

You can deny it all you like but everyone can see what your agenda is on this forum and it has nothing to do with you saying things that people on here don't want to hear. It is purely because you're an antagonistic prick with nothing better to do with his time. Don't bother replying to any of my posts in future as like I have said many times your opinion is meaningless.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:57 am

If another club come in at the last minute to try and scupper the deal,would cardiff be saying sales weren’t our player then???

Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:58 am

Escott1927 wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:Have a day off. I bet you're loving this arnt you. You act like you know all the details to what is going on when the truth is nobody on this forum knows the full details and are just speculating from what they have read online. The technicalities in the contract, no matter how small they were, could have stopped the transfer all together. Sala could have rejected the changes and done a complete U-turn on the transfer. I have no doubt that if he had arrived in Cardiff the contract would have been amended, but he didn't. Now the courts will decide if he was actually a city player and not fifa.

Stop getting over excited and debate like a normal human. No I am not loving it in the slightest, contrary to popular belief I have nothing against Cardiff at all and you will always find me being completely subjective. I have praised your chairman and also happily stated you were in a better position to challenge this season than we were.

Now onto this, you have answered your own question. Should Sala have landed then there would be no issue is your view, and clearly the view of everybody else who is of rational mind. Technicalities are being played upon, yet in contract law technicalities have become largely irrelevant when acted upon as valid. Which is why the Swansea Trust were asked by Huw Jenkins’ lawyer to tear up the shareholders agreement and settle, even though it “technically” isn’t valid as all shareholders didn’t sign - however they acted as if it was valid due splitting shares in accordance to it.

These things were ironed out of contract law because savvy businessmen were always trying to get one over on their partners or buy out rivals.

The club have said that they will pay if FIFA rules they should, yet now are backtracking on that at breakneck speed. I don’t for one second believe anybody when they say they back that decision. It’s horrendous.

Yes you are, if you weren't then you wouldn't have made an account specifically to comment on the matter.

A technicality is still a technicality and whatever the outcome it will be decided in court. The club have the right to appeal Fifa's decision and they have done so. If it is concluded the club have to pay then they will. That has always been the stance of the club, nothing has changed there. Football clubs are businesses at the end of the day and, regardless of you taking the moral high ground, any business would be doing exactly the same thing right now. It is just easy for opposition fans to bash the club as it isnt theirs.

You can deny it all you like but everyone can see what your agenda is on this forum and it has nothing to do with you saying things that people on here don't want to hear. It is purely because you're an antagonistic prick with nothing better to do with his time. Don't bother replying to any of my posts in future as like I have said many times your opinion is meaningless.

Yes I would have. I created an account to give my condolences to a Cardiff fan that had died too, it means I felt compelled to comment, not that i am loving it. Your logic is flawed.

I commented on this topic because I was mistakenly called a troll for discussing it before and have since been vindicated as I was spot on in every thing I said. It is a tragic but interesting case and am here to discuss it further.

Yes a technicality is a technicality, but intent supersedes technicalities as I explained. Regardless of what agendas you are dreaming up in order to pretend you find my opinions meaningless.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:17 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:The facts are the contract sala signed wasn't valid and admended one had to be signed but sadly he couldn't there was no guarantee that sala would of signed the new contract as the terms had changed dramatically, i can't believe some people are saying to pay 15 million pound out of our money for this , the same people will moan that we cant sign any players or the debt has increased

Wez, even you said if we lose the case then we should pay.

Our debt increases through a badly run club behind the scenes over the last 10 years and the £millions we waste in lost court cases time after time.

We havnt lost the court case tho it was always going to court fifa is not the court , you just like to bash the at every moment , you listed Langston, we only paid them a fraction of what you said was owed i remember sam hamman and you claiming it was 45 million plus , dave Jones and risdale never had the full amount claimed was owed and malky never had a penny, ole was paid up coz that was his contract , i wonder if you would pay out 15 million if you thought you didnt have to ?

Actually 100% Langston got all the money owed , plus interest, plus an extra £2mill bonus when City got promoted a fact.

They all got what they asked for except Malky.
Malky got nothing.

FIFA has now said the money is owed and they are totally independent.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:58 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:The facts are the contract sala signed wasn't valid and admended one had to be signed but sadly he couldn't there was no guarantee that sala would of signed the new contract as the terms had changed dramatically, i can't believe some people are saying to pay 15 million pound out of our money for this , the same people will moan that we cant sign any players or the debt has increased

Our debt increases through a badly run club behind the scenes over the last 10 years and the £millions we waste in lost court cases time after time.

We havnt lost the court case tho it was always going to court fifa is not the court , you just like to bash the at every moment , you listed Langston, we only paid them a fraction of what you said was owed i remember sam hamman and you claiming it was 45 million plus , dave Jones and risdale never had the full amount claimed was owed and malky never had a penny, ole was paid up coz that was his contract , i wonder if you would pay out 15 million if you thought you didnt have to ?

Actually 100% Langston got all the money owed , plus interest, plus an extra £2mill bonus when City got promoted a fact.

Malky got nothing.

Come on Annis, I can see it both ways but I struggle to believe that anyone thinks that FIFA is anything but crooked in just about everything they do.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:02 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Malky got nothing.

Come on Annis, I can see it both ways but I struggle to believe that anyone thinks that FIFA is anything but crooked in just about everything they do.

Luke, why would they be crooked for FC Nantes?

Also I always personally beiieved we should pay anyway.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:07 pm

trotskie wrote:People slagging us off should have listened to talksport earlier. Our chairman said Nantes have refused to talk to us from the start. None of us know the facts, so the ones slagging the city off (who they have supposedly supported all their lives) need to look at themselves

So because I have my own opinion and not a Dictators one, I am suddenly not a fan because I say City should pay and I agree with FIFA’S decision and always believed we should pay , with what I have been told .

If FIFA had backed City I would of been the first to say I was wrong .

For me giving your own honest opinion , you should not be slagged down by posters with with no real names or real names, you should respect other fans opinions not try and belittle or slag them down .

I think you need to look at yourself slated people saying not a fan and not even under your own name , a cowards way.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Malky got nothing.

Annis they are crooked from top to bottom.

Its widely reported the Nantes chairman was dodgy and looking to take a chunk of the Sale deal for himself, no reason to feel a character like that wouldn't offer some kind of incentive and that it wouldn't be taken by Fifa. not saying that's the case but who knows

Would you trust Fifa in any other decision regarding the club? Personally I wouldn't take anything they say as gospel.

Alternatively you maybe right and Fifa have based it on the evidence provided, personally I would never trust them when there is a legal court appeal available.

Personally I think no matter what the outcome either Nantes or us were going to take it to the Court of arbitration for sport, It was obvious Fifa were never going to make the final decision.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
trotskie wrote:People slagging us off should have listened to talksport earlier. Our chairman said Nantes have refused to talk to us from the start. None of us know the facts, so the ones slagging the city off (who they have supposedly supported all their lives) need to look at themselves

So because I have my own opinion and not a Dictators one, I am suddenly not a fan because I say City should pay and I agree with FIFA’S decision and always believed we should pay , with what I have been told .

For me giving your own honest opinion , you should not be slagged down by posters with with no real names or real names, you should respect other fans opinions not try and belittle or slag them down .

I think you need to look at yourself slated people saying not a fan and not even under your own name , a cowards way.

A perfect example of people being attacked on here because they have a different opinion. Now you know how I feel Annis :laughing6:

I don’t understand his point anyway. Why on earth would Nantes sit and talk with Cardiff to negotiate a deal for less than the transfer was?!

Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:24 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Malky got nothing.

Its widely reported the Nantes chairman was dodgy and looking to take a chunk of the Sale deal for himself, no reason to feel a character like that wouldn't offer some kind of incentive and that it wouldn't be taken by Fifa. not saying that's the case but who knows

Would you trust Fifa in any other decision regarding the club? Personally I wouldn't take anything they say as gospel.

Alternatively you maybe right and Fifa have based it on the evidence provided, personally I would never trust them when there is a legal court appeal available.

Personally I think no matter what the outcome either Nantes or us were going to take it to the Court of arbitration for sport, It was obvious Fifa were never going to make the final decision.

Luke, we had been dealing with a crooked Agent for nearly 3 years.
A well known crooked agent .

Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Malky got nothing.

True, I've said before I don't think Warnocks methods in signing players and dealing with agents is very clean cut but I think that's a Sepeate issue the club should look into.

Although I thought I read that the agent was employed by Nantes and not us which again is another layer to be considered in the investigation.

It doesn't change my opinion that I'm more likely to believe the courts than Fifa though, that's without a doubt.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:34 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Malky got nothing.

True, I've said before I don't think Warnocks methods in signing players and dealing with agents is very clean cut but I think that's a Sepeate issue the club should look into.

Although I thought I read that the agent was employed by Nantes and not us which again is another layer to be considered in the investigation.

It doesn't change my opinion that I'm more likely to believe the courts than Fifa though, that's without a doubt.

Me too, just as long as it's not our Supreme Court. ;)

Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:35 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Malky got nothing.

The agent had been working with Warnock for many years and before Warnocks days with City, I find it all very very mysterious & odd??

Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Malky got nothing.

The agent had been working with Warnock for many years and before Warnocks days with City, I find it all very very mysterious & odd??

Yeah it's quite old school really, happens with a lot of managers for various reasons but I think we can guess the main one.

But in this case if he was employed by Nantes I think that makes a difference in the Sala issue of payment potentially especially with the agent then getting booking the aircraft, on behalf of Sala or Nantes? Who knows.

The fact Warnock has dealt with him before maybe the reason we were interested tho.

Ill be very interested in outcome from the courts, to me the fifa ruling was never going to mean anything. The next step with the courts has to be the final outcome tho surely.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:44 pm

Replies from FB

Mark Stephens:
Can't brush this under the carpet. If we fight the ruling we'll come off worse :cry:

Darren Stevens:
We announced his signing to the fans and the worlds media. We need to do the right thing and pay up

Neil Wixon:
Am a bit disappointed with this ,why can they just pay up and leave it all behind and move on ?

Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Malky got nothing.

Annis, I bet a lot of agents are crooks, clubs have no choice but to deal with them though. It does appear that Mckay is far more scummier than the average agent though. When someone who doesn't actually play football can benefit so highly from a transfer you have to question whether the agent has the players best interests at heart. The Sala transfer shows that. Why should 3 or 4 people benefit so much from his sale? Mckay fabricated interest from other clubs to push this sale then told Sala Cardiff would be used as a stepping stone to a bigger club to persuade him to come here. Mckay was set to received £1mill+ from this deal. It shouldn't be allowed to happen really.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:47 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Malky got nothing.

Annis, I bet a lot of agents are crooks, clubs have no choice but to deal with them though. It does appear that Mckay is far more scummier than the average agent though. When someone who doesn't actually play football can benefit so highly from a transfer you have to question whether the agent has the players best interests at heart. The Sala transfer shows that. Why should 3 or 4 people benefit so much from his sale? Mckay fabricated interest from other clubs to push this sale then told Sala Cardiff would be used as a stepping stone to a bigger club to persuade him to come here. Mckay was set to received £1mill+ from this deal. It shouldn't be allowed to happen really.

I agree, Sadly football still seems totally crooked.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Malky got nothing.

I agree, Sadly football still seems totally crooked.

I read a book called "the secret Agent - Inside the world of a football agent" its not the best written book and wont win any awards but very interesting and says a lot about how they work and how they work with managers or directors. Football is a very shady game sadly.

You see deal from any of our managers be signings of new contract and after reading that book you see why.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:22 pm

Does anyone on her know exactly how much the Club may be liable for. £15 million is bandied about but we would have to be crazy if this sum wasn't linked originally to appearances and in particular whether we stayed up or not. Clearly this could reduce our liabilities.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:32 pm

welsh-dragon-days wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

A perfect example of people being attacked on here because they have a different opinion. Now you know how I feel Annis :laughing6:

I don’t understand his point anyway. Why on earth would Nantes sit and talk with Cardiff to negotiate a deal for less than the transfer was?!

Your a whinging prannet who reaps what he sows..

Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:39 pm

pick and shovel wrote:Does anyone on her know exactly how much the Club may be liable for. £15 million is bandied about but we would have to be crazy if this sum wasn't linked originally to appearances and in particular whether we stayed up or not. Clearly this could reduce our liabilities.

I don't think anyone on here knows the full details and we probably never will, even when it is finally concluded. What everyone is arguing about on here is speculation and personal opinion on the matter from a moral and business point of view.
But I would image that if the contract was £15mill plus any clauses then we will have to pay the £15mill if instructed to do so. If that £15mill was dependant on certain clauses being met eg staying up, appearances and goals etc, then they will be deducted from the sum as there is no way of telling if they would have been met.