Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BREAKING: CARDIFF CITY ARE APPEALING & DONT AGREE

Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:40 pm

Luke:
I read a book called "the secret Agent - Inside the world of a football agent" its not the best written book and wont win any awards but very interesting and says a lot about how they work and how they work with managers or directors. Football is a very shady game sadly.

You see deal from any of our managers be signings of new contract and after reading that book you see why.[/quote]

Cheers Luke :thumbright:

I could tell you few tales what some City players have told me what their agents did behind their backs.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:00 pm

I’m backing our Club on this,if they think we are in the right on this I’m behind them.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:02 pm

Reply FB

Clive Mallard:
Didn't Cardiff say they would abide by FIFA ruling on Sala issue ? If so lets pick a home game to boycott to show our displeasure at how this is being handled.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:05 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
pick and shovel wrote:Does anyone on her know exactly how much the Club may be liable for. £15 million is bandied about but we would have to be crazy if this sum wasn't linked originally to appearances and in particular whether we stayed up or not. Clearly this could reduce our liabilities.

I don't think anyone on here knows the full details and we probably never will, even when it is finally concluded. What everyone is arguing about on here is speculation and personal opinion on the matter from a moral and business point of view.
But I would image that if the contract was £15mill plus any clauses then we will have to pay the £15mill if instructed to do so. If that £15mill was dependant on certain clauses being met eg staying up, appearances and goals etc, then they will be deducted from the sum as there is no way of telling if they would have been met.

Media and both buying and selling clubs in this instance keen to report the figure to be as high as possible.

Reality is that headline £15 million will include agents fees and league and fifa levies.

I sincerely hope no league, fa or agent aspire to come out of this with anything. Their due sums should be forfeited

The £15 million figure must surely also include a not being relegated from Premier league amount to. Clearly that can't be paid.

£15 million should reasonably be reduced by a fair margin.

I hope the club is sure of itself with the this appeal. If it does not go out way we will be on the wrong end of a lot of ill will.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reply FB

Clive Mallard:
Didn't Cardiff say they would abide by FIFA ruling on Sala issue ? If so lets pick a home game to boycott to show our displeasure at how this is being handled.

possibly the most stupid thing i have ever read

Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:46 pm

Yet again CCFC bring shame to Welsh football with the latest reprehensible shenanigans down at legoland. For once in your lives do the decent thing and just pay up. It’s embarrassing ffs.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:49 pm

Clive Mallard:

What stupidity!
Would only hit the finances of the club even further.
The club cannot abide by a ruling if they feel the ruling is incorrect.
The club therefore has a right to appeal, which they are doing.
So lets wait to see what the outcome of that is and i'm very sure then that the club will abide by the appeal ruling.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:49 pm

Reply on FB

George Phillips:

Forever a bluebird. Until it comes to actually paying for him!

Anthony Rivers:

The majority of the fans cared. It was a tragic time, but unfortunately the powers that be have been shown up again with their crocodile tears. Pure greed

Gareth Partridge:

Says a lot about how amueterish our club can be at times...
15 million pound player in a hyper value plane

Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:54 pm

Magic daps wrote:Yet again CCFC bring shame to Welsh football with the latest reprehensible shenanigans down at legoland. For once in your lives do the decent thing and just pay up. It’s embarrassing ffs.

Not sure Vincent Tan is on this forum. I will pass the message on though if I see him. :thumbup:

Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:58 pm

Magic daps wrote:Yet again CCFC bring shame to Welsh football with the latest reprehensible shenanigans down at legoland. For once in your lives do the decent thing and just pay up. It’s embarrassing ffs.

Oh and your wealthy club owners will immediately cough up if it was your club? Im Sure they wouldn't mind paying for somebody that may not be theirs :laughing5:

Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reply on FB

George Phillips:

Anthony Rivers:

The majority of the fans cared. It was a tragic time, but unfortunately the powers that be have been shown up again with their crocodile tears. Pure greed

Gareth Partridge:

Typical let's forget who hired the plane? City may not have hired a private jet for him but thats another issue as an offer was made and for whatever reason it was declined by player.. all this crap as been said and nothing as changed! No club would just pay up in these circumstances Repeat no club.. :banghead:

Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:03 pm

Bluebird Always wrote:

Clive Mallard:

What stupidity!
Would only hit the finances of the club even further.
The club cannot abide by a ruling if they feel the ruling is incorrect.
The club therefore has a right to appeal, which they are doing.
So lets wait to see what the outcome of that is and i'm very sure then that the club will abide by the appeal ruling.

I agree with you there, boycotting would be pathetic, we don’t want to hurt our club.

But I do remember City originally saying they would bide by the FIFA ruling.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:18 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Oh and your wealthy club owners will immediately cough up if it was your club? Im Sure they wouldn't mind paying for somebody that may not be theirs :laughing5:

Yes Allan, because our moral compass points directly to true north. Unfortunately Uncle Vinny misplaced the Cardiff compass when he first flew in from Kuala Lumpur.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:The facts are the contract sala signed wasn't valid and admended one had to be signed but sadly he couldn't there was no guarantee that sala would of signed the new contract as the terms had changed dramatically, i can't believe some people are saying to pay 15 million pound out of our money for this , the same people will moan that we cant sign any players or the debt has increased

Wez, even you said if we lose the case then we should pay.

Our debt increases through a badly run club behind the scenes over the last 10 years and the £millions we waste in lost court cases time after time.

We havnt lost the court case tho it was always going to court fifa is not the court , you just like to bash the at every moment , you listed Langston, we only paid them a fraction of what you said was owed i remember sam hamman and you claiming it was 45 million plus , dave Jones and risdale never had the full amount claimed was owed and malky never had a penny, ole was paid up coz that was his contract , i wonder if you would pay out 15 million if you thought you didnt have to ?

Actually 100% Langston got all the money owed , plus interest, plus an extra £2mill bonus when City got promoted a fact.

They all got what they asked for except Malky.
Malky got nothing.

FIFA has now said the money is owed and they are totally independent.

FIFA totally independent?? You sure about that??

Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:35 pm

Magic daps wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Yes Allan, because our moral compass points directly to true north. Unfortunately Uncle Vinny misplaced the Cardiff compass when he first flew in from Kuala Lumpur.

If you think Swansea or any other club would pay up just because it is seen as the moral thing to do then you are seriously deluded. It is a tragic event but football clubs are businesses at the end of the day and this is being treated as business matter. Once lawyers and insurance companies are involved all morality goes out of the window.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:01 pm

Much mention is made on this thread about insurance. However, if the club is insisting that Sala was not our player then it is likely that no insurance is in place. If there is insurance in place then all legal actions will be at the requirement of the insurance company.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:51 pm

Too much mention, and a reliance, that insurers will save the day. I just don't see it.

Until ccfc came along, Sala wasn't "worth" £15 million so Nantes wouldn't have him insured for as much. He was in an unmaintained plane being flown by an unqualified pilot. No insurer is paying anything to anyone. Insurers are not pulling the strings here, the clubs is. Someone is advising Tan not to pay and if we are duly told to pay up that someone will be on the end of Tans wrath.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:56 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
Magic daps wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

If you think Swansea or any other club would pay up just because it is seen as the moral thing to do then you are seriously deluded. It is a tragic event but football clubs are businesses at the end of the day and this is being treated as business matter. Once lawyers and insurance companies are involved all morality goes out of the window.

But it’s not Swansea or any other club is it? It’s Cardiff. It’s always Cardiff. After the debacle of the rebrand you were finally starting to get some semblance of respect back from the footballing fraternity. Then this terrible tragedy strikes but rather than emerging with some respect and dignity you’ve resorted to previous form. The club said you’d pay back whatever was owned. You’ve been ordered by footballs world governing body to pay your dues but still you continue to wriggle out of your obligations on a technicality. They say the fans get the club they deserve. Never a truer word has been spoken. Truly embarrassing. :oops:

Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:08 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Too much mention, and a reliance, that insurers will save the day. I just don't see it.

Until ccfc came along, Sala wasn't "worth" £15 million so Nantes wouldn't have him insured for as much. He was in an unmaintained plane being flown by an unqualified pilot. No insurer is paying anything to anyone. Insurers are not pulling the strings here, the clubs is. Someone is advising Tan not to pay and if we are duly told to pay up that someone will be on the end of Tans wrath.

The first part is true,I even said at the time,we could end up paying 15m and he doesn't do it in the prem,same as all players except the elite players of course.he turned down the offer of an arranged flight,so as he could spend more time in France,wasn't it mentioned that the plane was due to fly in daylight hours, but changed to night?galling really,when the pilot was colour blind,therefore excluding him from night flights.it's a very messy business indeed,which rightly or wrongly will drag on for a while yet I'd imagine.my heart goes out to the families. :sad7: :old: :bluebird:

Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:18 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

George Phillips:

Anthony Rivers:

Gareth Partridge:

Typical let's forget who hired the plane? City may not have hired a private jet for him but thats another issue as an offer was made and for whatever reason it was declined by player.. all this crap as been said and nothing as changed! No club would just pay up in these circumstances Repeat no club.. :banghead:

Why all the links to fb? It's almost as if Annis is trying to paint the club (or tan perhaps :?: ) in as bad a way as possible over this,we all have opinions (some vastly different to others)on this,but have yet to see any other poster,dragging up comments from fb :?: but I can say one thing for certain that will come of this,no club will announce a player as theirs,until ALL loose ends are tied up.the player himself made them travel arrangements, because it better suited his need,little did he know it would cost him his life. :sad7: :old: :bluebird:

Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
trotskie wrote:People slagging us off should have listened to talksport earlier. Our chairman said Nantes have refused to talk to us from the start. None of us know the facts, so the ones slagging the city off (who they have supposedly supported all their lives) need to look at themselves

So because I have my own opinion and not a Dictators one, I am suddenly not a fan because I say City should pay and I agree with FIFA’S decision and always believed we should pay , with what I have been told .

If FIFA had backed City I would of been the first to say I was wrong .

For me giving your own honest opinion , you should not be slagged down by posters with with no real names or real names, you should respect other fans opinions not try and belittle or slag them down .

I think you need to look at yourself slated people saying not a fan and not even under your own name , a cowards way.

The decision has been made, we should pay , simple as that. The vast majority of CCFC supporters I know think the same.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:21 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
trotskie wrote:People slagging us off should have listened to talksport earlier. Our chairman said Nantes have refused to talk to us from the start. None of us know the facts, so the ones slagging the city off (who they have supposedly supported all their lives) need to look at themselves

So because I have my own opinion and not a Dictators one, I am suddenly not a fan because I say City should pay and I agree with FIFA’S decision and always believed we should pay , with what I have been told .

For me giving your own honest opinion , you should not be slagged down by posters with with no real names or real names, you should respect other fans opinions not try and belittle or slag them down .

I think you need to look at yourself slated people saying not a fan and not even under your own name , a cowards way.

The decision has been made, we should pay , simple as that. The vast majority of CCFC supporters I know think the same.

And every City fan I have spoken say the same.

Just a few on here say different.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:21 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I’m not sure people can make an absolute informed judgement unless they know all the facts, which of course I don’t.

According the the news on the radio the club are adamant they have documents stating that they have proof that Sala wasn’t registered and officially the clubs player at the time of the incident.

They say FIFA has ignored this.
That is why the appeal process is available.

Whether this is true or not I nor anybody else knows.
So apart from the moral stance, I think the club is correct to appeal.

Based on what you’ve said, surely nobody can disagree with City for appealing.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:23 pm

Magic daps wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Magic daps wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

But it’s not Swansea or any other club is it? It’s Cardiff. It’s always Cardiff. After the debacle of the rebrand you were finally starting to get some semblance of respect back from the footballing fraternity. Then this terrible tragedy strikes but rather than emerging with some respect and dignity you’ve resorted to previous form. The club said you’d pay back whatever was owned. You’ve been ordered by footballs world governing body to pay your dues but still you continue to wriggle out of your obligations on a technicality. They say the fans get the club they deserve. Never a truer word has been spoken. Truly embarrassing. :oops:

Sorry I forgot Swansea are the perfect club. I won’t mention your recent take over fiasco. Because that was shining example of how a club should be run wasn’t it.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:23 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

George Phillips:

Anthony Rivers:

Gareth Partridge:

Why all the links to fb? It's almost as if Annis is trying to paint the club (or tan perhaps :?: ) in as bad a way as possible over this,we all have opinions (some vastly different to others)on this,but have yet to see any other poster,dragging up comments from fb :?: but I can say one thing for certain that will come of this,no club will announce a player as theirs,until ALL loose ends are tied up.the player himself made them travel arrangements, because it better suited his need,little did he know it would cost him his life. :sad7: :old: :bluebird:

Because it shows what other City fans are saying with their proper names.

I 100% dont agree with how Tan / CEO etc have dealt with all of this, I am not going to go through it all again, but I don't like it at all and yes it upsets me.

But by a few as usual, I get slagged of for my honest opinion/belief.

Yet on FB 99% of City fans agree with me.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Quite a few people on fb agreeing with the clubs stance, from what I’ve seen anyway. Most of the people I’ve spoken to also accept the clubs decision. Or can at least understand the choice. So it’s not just a few fans as you’re making out.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:40 pm

Reply FB

Tony Newbury:

There is something very awful about an argument over money when a man has lost his life. Cardiff could afford to buy and so should not argue. Sure it’s a lot of money but arguing a technicality to escape payment is in my eyes appalling after you’ve stated that’s he’s a City plAyer.

Stephen Heard:

And we wonder why we struggle in the transfer market ffs just pay up its us fans that are being made to look bad we deal with what everyone thinks of us

Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:42 pm

:happy1:

Escott1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Quite a few people on fb agreeing with the clubs stance, from what I’ve seen anyway. Most of the people I’ve spoken to also accept the clubs decision. Or can at least understand the choice. So it’s not just a few fans as you’re making out.

I run 4 sites on fb with a total of 16,000 City fans, still waiting for someone to say City are right.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:43 pm

Magic daps wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Magic daps wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Oh shut up you big drama Queen.. rattling on like an old woman ffs.

We don’t expect respect off anybody, especially those pretending they sit on some imaginary moral high ground.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Seems quite mixed from the people I've spoken to and social media seems mixed.

But let's be honest 99.9% of people are basing their opinion on very little, very few people have seen all the facts.

I doubt anyone on here has seen all the documents, some will have more info than others but people tend to be bias and it's all whispers.

Fifa one of few who HAVE seen everything and have gone against City but like I've said above I wouldn't trust them as far as I can throw them.

I think the next step is and always has been the key one. Not sure how anyone can argue otherwise with a sensible head on, as fans we simply don't have all the information.