A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BREAKING: CARDIFF CITY ARE APPEALING & DONT AGREE

Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Escott1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
trotskie wrote:People slagging us off should have listened to talksport earlier. Our chairman said Nantes have refused to talk to us from the start. None of us know the facts, so the ones slagging the city off (who they have supposedly supported all their lives) need to look at themselves

So because I have my own opinion and not a Dictators one, I am suddenly not a fan because I say City should pay and I agree with FIFA’S decision and always believed we should pay , with what I have been told .

If FIFA had backed City I would of been the first to say I was wrong .

For me giving your own honest opinion , you should not be slagged down by posters with with no real names or real names, you should respect other fans opinions not try and belittle or slag them down .

I think you need to look at yourself slated people saying not a fan and not even under your own name , a cowards way.

The decision has been made, we should pay , simple as that. The vast majority of CCFC supporters I know think the same.

And every City fan I have spoken say the same.

Just a few on here say different.

Quite a few people on fb agreeing with the clubs stance, from what I’ve seen anyway. Most of the people I’ve spoken to also accept the clubs decision. Or can at least understand the choice. So it’s not just a few fans as you’re making out.

I run 4 sites on fb with a total of 16,000 City fans, still waiting for someone to say City are right.

We must be looking on different pages then because I’ve seen quite a few people saying they agree or they understand the choice at least. I’m not saying your opinion is wrong by the way. From a moral point of view the club should pay. But let’s be honest that was never going to be the case when legal teams got involved. I just hope a conclusion is reached soon as this is doing nothing for the club and must be terrible for the families.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:08 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Escott1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
trotskie wrote:People slagging us off should have listened to talksport earlier. Our chairman said Nantes have refused to talk to us from the start. None of us know the facts, so the ones slagging the city off (who they have supposedly supported all their lives) need to look at themselves

So because I have my own opinion and not a Dictators one, I am suddenly not a fan because I say City should pay and I agree with FIFA’S decision and always believed we should pay , with what I have been told .

If FIFA had backed City I would of been the first to say I was wrong .

For me giving your own honest opinion , you should not be slagged down by posters with with no real names or real names, you should respect other fans opinions not try and belittle or slag them down .

I think you need to look at yourself slated people saying not a fan and not even under your own name , a cowards way.

The decision has been made, we should pay , simple as that. The vast majority of CCFC supporters I know think the same.

And every City fan I have spoken say the same.

Just a few on here say different.

Quite a few people on fb agreeing with the clubs stance, from what I’ve seen anyway. Most of the people I’ve spoken to also accept the clubs decision. Or can at least understand the choice. So it’s not just a few fans as you’re making out.

I run 4 sites on fb with a total of 16,000 City fans, still waiting for someone to say City are right.

We must be looking on different pages then because I’ve seen quite a few people saying they agree or they understand the choice at least. I’m not saying your opinion is wrong by the way. From a moral point of view the club should pay. But let’s be honest that was never going to be the case when legal teams got involved. I just hope a conclusion is reached soon as this is doing nothing for the club and must be terrible for the families.

Just go on WWW.CARDIFF CITY FORUM.CO.UK & CARDIFF CITY FC etc

Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:33 pm

I trust that the Club will do what they think is right for the Club and the business as a whole. I find it quite astonishing that people think they shought write off £15 million just like that if there are grey areas which there clearly are I can understand it coming from opposition fans who are just looking for cheap shots but our own, can't get my head around it.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:54 pm

RV Casual wrote:I trust that the Club will do what they think is right for the Club and the business as a whole. I find it quite astonishing that people think they shought write off £15 million just like that if there are grey areas which there clearly are I can understand it coming from opposition fans who are just looking for cheap shots but our own, can't get my head around it.

Don’t be daft. I trust you also had the same opinion when they changed you to red then?

The club are wrong to continue to refuse to pay for a player they bought; and bang to rights.

Those Cardiff fans that are being honest I would imagine realise the damage it is doing to the club, not just financially (this will end up costing the club a whole lot more than £15m) but reputation is in tatters.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:34 pm

The only reputation we’ve had is for causing trouble.

What tatters? We’ve been there for decades. Try something interesting.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:07 pm

Am I the only person who couldn’t care less?

People banging on about morals and all that. It’s got nothing to with morals it’s two greedy football clubs trying to get money out of each other.

It’s nothing to do with Sala or his family it’s just two greedy football clubs arguing over money.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:38 pm

welsh-dragon-days wrote:
RV Casual wrote:I trust that the Club will do what they think is right for the Club and the business as a whole. I find it quite astonishing that people think they shought write off £15 million just like that if there are grey areas which there clearly are I can understand it coming from opposition fans who are just looking for cheap shots but our own, can't get my head around it.

Don’t be daft. I trust you also had the same opinion when they changed you to red then?

The club are wrong to continue to refuse to pay for a player they bought; and bang to rights.

Those Cardiff fans that are being honest I would imagine realise the damage it is doing to the club, not just financially (this will end up costing the club a whole lot more than £15m) but reputation is in tatters.

There you go again :!: you slate people for name calling,or arguing a point against you,yet you say don't be daft :roll: and stop trying to speak on behalf of "the fans",them fans you know f all about,yes it's a cloud above the club,but hardly the fault of the fans ffs :sleepy2: you talk as if you have better knowledge/understanding of everything cardiff related,when in reality you know about as much as the next man,no more,no less.hasn't stopped us signing players yet :roll: and real people realise,wether we fans like the situation or not,it's nothing to do with us on a personal level, just 2 clubs arguing over a business contract,no doubt some fans want the club to pay,but there are also others that don't, doesn't make us,or me worry about reputation, that was shattered back in the day,due to the troubles between fans,no one wanted much to do with the club,but in your one eyed view all the fans were guilty of the reputation a few had developed for the club :? :old: :bluebird:

Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:51 am

bluesince62 wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:

There you go again :!: you slate people for name calling,or arguing a point against you,yet you say don't be daft :roll: and stop trying to speak on behalf of "the fans",them fans you know f all about,yes it's a cloud above the club,but hardly the fault of the fans ffs :sleepy2: you talk as if you have better knowledge/understanding of everything cardiff related,when in reality you know about as much as the next man,no more,no less.hasn't stopped us signing players yet :roll: and real people realise,wether we fans like the situation or not,it's nothing to do with us on a personal level, just 2 clubs arguing over a business contract,no doubt some fans want the club to pay,but there are also others that don't, doesn't make us,or me worry about reputation, that was shattered back in the day,due to the troubles between fans,no one wanted much to do with the club,but in your one eyed view all the fans were guilty of the reputation a few had developed for the club :? :old: :bluebird:

Well said mate.
No doubt a reply is being thought up as I type.
Please ignore it. Most are now.
He’ll end up ‘debating’ with himself then :thumbup:

Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:54 am

bluesince62 wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:

Cardiff are right to refuse to pay, The players contract was not signed and sealed as requested by Nantes by January 23rd because of some clauses being refused.
Only the agreement of fee and registration was complete

Even though he was unveiled as a city player the paperwork was incomplete

Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:08 am

bluesince62 wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:

You think I am name calling by suggesting someone stops being daft? You sound like one of those snowflakes on Twitter that pretends they are offended by everything and everyone. Also just to pull you up on something, I never slate anybody for having another opinion as long as they support it and explain it adequately.

How do you know this hasn’t stopped you signing players? How do you know it hasn’t affected the deals with the ones you did actually manage to sign? Common sense suggests it will have a knock of effect. If there was two shops wanting your produce, yet could only supply one of them - one has a fantastic record for paying promptly, the other tried to wriggle out of the last one and refused to pay on time - even after being told by the governing body they had to - which would you choose to deal with? It’s business.

I have no idea what your last part is on about. I think all fans are to blame for what?

Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:09 am

thomasblue wrote:

Cardiff are right to refuse to pay, The players contract was not signed and sealed as requested by Nantes by January 23rd because of some clauses being refused.

FIFA disagree.

Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:26 am

welsh-dragon-days wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:

You think I am name calling by suggesting someone stops being daft? You sound like one of those snowflakes on Twitter that pretends they are offended by everything and everyone. Also just to pull you up on something, I never slate anybody for having another opinion as long as they support it and explain it adequately.

How do you know this hasn’t stopped you signing players? How do you know it hasn’t affected the deals with the ones you did actually manage to sign? Common sense suggests it will have a knock of effect. If there was two shops wanting your produce, yet could only supply one of them - one has a fantastic record for paying promptly, the other tried to wriggle out of the last one and refused to pay on time - even after being told by the governing body they had to - which would you choose to deal with? It’s business.

I have no idea what your last part is on about. I think all fans are to blame for what?

You never slate anybody for having an opinion....as long as it agrees with yours of course. Then you just revert back to making out you're more intelligent than that person. Some people think that, from a business perspective, the club shouldn't pay the fee until there in no doubt that the contract says he is our player. If the club have documents to show he wasnt which werent considered in FIFA's decision, as the club are stating, then the club has the legal right to appeal against the decision. It might not be the moral thing to do but it is within the clubs rights. It cant be put anymore adequately than that.

How do you know Cardiff have had difficulties signing players as you claim and if they have it is because of this legal dispute? Do you have inside information regarding the dealings of the club? A simple yes or no answer will do we don't need another explanation on what your opinion is based on. A club will not risk stability just because they dont want to deal with Cardiff. If Cardiff come in for a player with an offer they cant refuse they will take it. Their opinion on this case wont come into it because money talks at the end of the day. The only likely effects this is having on current transfers is that the club have budgeted for the fee which has reduced current transfer funds that are available and that all future paperwork will be completed more thoroughly. The way you're banging on about this is as if Cardiff regularly back out of contracts and refuse to pay transfers. In what other scenario, other than a player dying before paperwork is completed, would a club have a legal case not to pay a contract?

Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:32 am

Escott1927 wrote:
You never slate anybody for having an opinion....as long as it agrees with yours of course. Then you just revert back to making out you're more intelligent than that person. Some people think that, from a business perspective, the club shouldn't pay the fee until there in no doubt that the contract says he is our player. If the club have documents to show he wasnt which werent considered in FIFA's decision, as the club are stating, then the club has the legal right to appeal against the decision. It might not be the moral thing to do but it is within the clubs rights. It cant be put anymore adequately than that.

How do you know Cardiff have had difficulties signing players as you claim and if they have it is because of this legal dispute? Do you have inside information regarding the dealings of the club? A simple yes or no answer will do we don't need another explanation on what your opinion is based on. A club will not risk stability just because they dont want to deal with Cardiff. If Cardiff come in for a player with an offer they cant refuse they will take it. Their opinion on this case wont come into it because money talks at the end of the day. The only likely effects this is having on current transfers is that the club have budgeted for the fee which has reduced current transfer funds that are available and that all future paperwork will be completed more thoroughly. The way you're banging on about this is as if Cardiff regularly back out of contracts and refuse to pay transfers. In what other scenario, other than a player dying before paperwork is completed, would a club have a legal case not to pay a contract?

Nope, all views welcome. The ones that aren’t welcome are the ones laced with nonsense just for the hell of it. If you can back up your opinion eloquently without abuse then you will always get a decent response from me. Post utter nonsense and yes I will be pretty blunt in my riposte.

Of course the club are within their rights to appeal, but it’s a stupid decision based on what we know which was also backed up further by FIFA’s ruling. It makes terrible long term business sense and probably short term business sense, as Annis rightly points out, the club have lost millions in previous wild goose chases of court cases it has instigated. History, common sense and added to the facts available all point to this being the case again.

I didn’t say they have had difficulties signing players. I said they probably have and most certainly will, what those problems manifest themselves into is as of yet unclear, it could be certain clubs refusing to deal with the club, it may be players not wanting to go to the club, it may be clubs demanding money up front - who knows. But common sense suggests that just like any other business, reputation matters, especially when it comes to settling bills.

As I said. If multiple clubs bid for a player (which is often the case) it is very plausible and quite probable that a club will accept the offer from the club with an exemplary record of dealing in transfers. Yes, should the club need the money and you are the only offer on the table then that is different. But these details could well mean you find yourself settling for players further down the list than you wanted. Again this is just common sense.

As for your last sentence. Should a player turn up for his first training session and pulls a hamstring, will you be frantically looking at the contracts to seek out a technicality and say the deal actually isn’t legally binding and you won’t be paying? Who knows, do it once and you can do it again. It comes down to trust, if there are two or three options - why would they choose to deal with a club that has a recent history of doing it? Whether it’s once or ten times is irrelevant, reputation matters. Any business will tell you the same. You are naive if you think it won’t have an impact, but that’s your choice to think that of course.

Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:48 am

Put him on block it’s so much easier

Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:51 am

fred keenor wrote:Put him on block it’s so much easier

Yep happy with that. As I have said before, anyone incapable of debating their view with me then I suggest you add me to the block list. PM me and happy to talk you through how to do it, it’s a straight forward process.

The sooner we can get the mentally weaker ones into a position where they cannot read my posts the better. It means we can have debates without them degenerating into one way slanging matches and toy throwing displays.

Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:53 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:

Well said mate.
No doubt a reply is being thought up as I type.
Please ignore it. Most are now.
He’ll end up ‘debating’ with himself then :thumbup:

Stick him on foe list wont see his posts should be fun! but there again hes such a sad individual he'll just re invent another name...
but on this subject his club swans didnt pay up in a dispute with another club over something they may have won case ect but they still refused at the time! I bet if this was his club he wouldn't be here like this.. what's not in dispute is clubs sighned an initial contract
but the dispute is about the re drawn contract that was not sighned by all parties and gies this make contract invalid? Fifa acting in their own interests as thats why they've said both parties can appeal.... they knew CAS would be involved so basically they have left it upto them to make final decision ! And it's not just 15m its amelianos contract as well that needs paying.....:thumbup:

Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:09 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Stick him on foe list wont see his posts should be fun! but there again hes such a sad individual he'll just re invent another name...
but on this subject his club swans didnt pay up in a dispute with another club over something they may have won case ect but they still refused at the time! I bet if this was his club he wouldn't be here like this.. what's not in dispute is clubs sighned an initial contract
but the dispute is about the re drawn contract that was not sighned by all parties and gies this make contract invalid? Fifa acting in their own interests as thats why they've said both parties can appeal.... they knew CAS would be involved so basically they have left it upto them to make final decision ! And it's not just 15m its amelianos contract as well that needs paying.....:thumbup:

Stop being silly Allan. You are talking about Tamas Priskin when we signed him on loan. He got injured and we were treating him. Ipswich (I think) demanded that he comes back to the club for treatment and leaves Swansea. From that moment we effectively terminated the loan, the Ipswich chairman kicked up a fuss and he was essentially told in no incertain terms that he’s wrong.

Next - FIFA have no “left it up to CAS to make the final decision” :lol: FIFA made the decision that you need to pay Nantes the whole lot with the first part being overdue and paid immediately. You refused and have looked to appeal their decision, which is just going to cost you more. And Sala’s contract does not have to be paid - he doesn’t work for the club. Had he have been registered with the Premier League then he would have had mandatory life insurance, however the contract you made him sign had an error in it from Cardiff - they contravened Premier League rules by making his signing on fee a single lump sum, hence the delayed registration.

So some may say you have a moral obligation to Sala’s family too. But that will be up to whatever conscience the club has.

Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:21 pm

welsh-dragon-days wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

Nope, all views welcome. The ones that aren’t welcome are the ones laced with nonsense just for the hell of it. If you can back up your opinion eloquently without abuse then you will always get a decent response from me. Post utter nonsense and yes I will be pretty blunt in my riposte.

Of course the club are within their rights to appeal, but it’s a stupid decision based on what we know which was also backed up further by FIFA’s ruling. It makes terrible long term business sense and probably short term business sense, as Annis rightly points out, the club have lost millions in previous wild goose chases of court cases it has instigated. History, common sense and added to the facts available all point to this being the case again.

I didn’t say they have had difficulties signing players. I said they probably have and most certainly will, what those problems manifest themselves into is as of yet unclear, it could be certain clubs refusing to deal with the club, it may be players not wanting to go to the club, it may be clubs demanding money up front - who knows. But common sense suggests that just like any other business, reputation matters, especially when it comes to settling bills.

As I said. If multiple clubs bid for a player (which is often the case) it is very plausible and quite probable that a club will accept the offer from the club with an exemplary record of dealing in transfers. Yes, should the club need the money and you are the only offer on the table then that is different. But these details could well mean you find yourself settling for players further down the list than you wanted. Again this is just common sense.

As for your last sentence. Should a player turn up for his first training session and pulls a hamstring, will you be frantically looking at the contracts to seek out a technicality and say the deal actually isn’t legally binding and you won’t be paying? Who knows, do it once and you can do it again. It comes down to trust, if there are two or three options - why would they choose to deal with a club that has a recent history of doing it? Whether it’s once or ten times is irrelevant, reputation matters. Any business will tell you the same. You are naive if you think it won’t have an impact, but that’s your choice to think that of course.

If there are multiple bids for a player the club are most likely to accept the highest bid. Pretty standard. With all transfer deals the aim for the selling club is to benefit from the sale as much as possible. I can't see many clubs being willing to take a loss of earnings just because of how they feel towards a club. If a player doesn't want to come to cardiff I would put that down to geographic location and our style of play before Id assume it was because of what happened to Sala.

There's a bit of a difference between a player pulling his hamstring and a player tragically dying in a plane crash, ffs like. For someone who talks about common sense so much you don't have come out with some shite fair play.

Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:25 pm

welsh-dragon-days wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

FIFA disagree.

Fifa judges it on whether the papers to transfer a employers registration were complete not the legal contract of employment

They have stated that the original contract was void because the clauses inserted by Nantes were rejected.
A new improved contract was written but never signed. Therefore he was not officially a cardiff player

Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:27 pm

Escott1927 wrote:

If there are multiple bids for a player the club are most likely to accept the highest bid. Pretty standard. With all transfer deals the aim for the selling club is to benefit from the sale as much as possible. I can't see many clubs being willing to take a loss of earnings just because of how they feel towards a club. If a player doesn't want to come to cardiff I would put that down to geographic location and our style of play before Id assume it was because of what happened to Sala.

There's a bit of a difference between a player pulling his hamstring and a player tragically dying in a plane crash, ffs like. For someone who talks about common sense so much you don't have come out with some shite fair play.

No, often bids are the same as the asking price is known in advance. Clubs will choose to deal with those that are most likely to meet their obligations as a paying club. So those that are financially perilous, those that have dodgy chairmen and those with a history of poor transfer etiquette and paying records may find themselves considerably down the list.

I don’t know what you mean by there being a bit of difference between dying and pulling a hamstring? In both cases the buying club is faced with an undesirable situation and both could well be a reason for a club to try and void the deal. Why would someone take the risk? It’s business, people want as less risk attached to big money sales as possible. Aside from that, FIFA have threatened to slap you with a transfer ban and you can bet your life Nantes won’t be dealing with you again - as I said, if you think this will have no repercussions then you are naive.

Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:31 am

welsh-dragon-days wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

Many clubs might decide not to deal with a club that pulled the plug on the James transfer with minutes to go, I'd be weary of dealing with them.

As a business I'd be weary if a club who have twice let debtors down with the last CVA paying 5p in the pound.

Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:50 am

Bluedodo wrote:
Many clubs might decide not to deal with a club that pulled the plug on the James transfer with minutes to go, I'd be weary of dealing with them.

As a business I'd be weary if a club who have twice let debtors down with the last CVA paying 5p in the pound.

Transfers fall through all the time on deadline day, that’s football. I doubt anybody would bat an eye at that. He was our player and it was up to us if he wanted to seal the transfer or not, we decided not to.

As for the CVA, absolutely agree. It has taken a long time to probably recover from that and if I said it also hadn’t affected transfers after that then I would also be naive, clubs for a long time would be wary of amortising transfers to clubs that have recent financial woes, thankfully that was 17 years ago now and things have moved on.

However I’m big enough and brave enough to admit that. As I say, it’s just common sense.