Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: QPR Hatred?

Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:54 am

Pembroke bluebird wrote:You need to get off your sister and get down the doctors weirdo

That’s a good one :?

Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:04 pm

Might go back to the 80s when we were banned from away games. I can remember City chasing QPR into their pub, and fighting in the stands sporadically. Then City pushed the hot dog van over with the guy in it.. and someone threw a dart at Jimmy Goodfellow from our end.

The next time their was a lot of fighting in the side streets..pre-camera days so anything could happen..

Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:55 pm

welsh-dragon-days wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:No impact is wrong, I should have phrased that better and actually did initially when I said it was just the latest stick to beat us with.

With regards to younger fans, my thinking is that they may well not know why they dislike us or even have a rivalry but they will know it exists as it is passed down along the generations via the terraces and the pubs. My opinion on it is that the Sala stuff is just virtue signalling because they don't like us not the other way around.

Same as some younger Cardiff fans won't understand why we don't like Leeds but will still be aware that there is an extra edge whenever we play each other.

Plenty of supposition there in the above, but hopefully openly presented as such. ;)

Gonna leave it there to disagree with you on pretty much both points but to do so in a civil manner.

I see no evidence of that though, I personally find it hard to believe a clubs fanbase harbours feelings to a team because of a fire alarm almost 20 years ago. In fact, I find it hard to believe there is any long standing hatred at all between the two clubs. Should their opinions on Sala and the style of play be solely limited to them then it may hold some weight, however they are simply expressing what seems to be universal opinion on it (Sala saga more specifically) - so to put universal opinion on a single group down to pre existing hate rather than the situation itself seems to be a bit of a stretch.

But I appreciate your view and your refreshing desire to actually debate sensibly.

I was on a Facebook football group about 10 years ago and there was a young QPR fan on there bigging up cardiff as a rival of them.
I disagreed that we were rivals and asked him what made him think we were?
He brought up that there was often a bit of nonsense of South Africa road when we play up there.

Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:18 pm

You could apply that to about 40 or 50 clubs..