Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How the Hell ?

Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:15 pm

Can Dean Saunders win his appeal against Drink Driving after seeing that police video body cam and subsequent police station video ? and Tom Lawrence still be picked for Wales Game after Crashing car whilst drunk/drugged ?

Makes a complete mockery of the Justice and common sense system and really is a bad who cares attitude towards others.

If a drunk or drugged driver killed one of my family, I would hunt them to the end of my days.

Sorry but no excuse whatsoever. :banghead:

Re: How the Hell ?

Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:05 pm

powysblue wrote:Can Dean Saunders win his appeal against Drink Driving after seeing that police video body cam and subsequent police station video ? and Tom Lawrence still be picked for Wales Game after Crashing car whilst drunk/drugged ?

Makes a complete mockery of the Justice and common sense system and really is a bad who cares attitude towards others.

If a drunk or drugged driver killed one of my family, I would hunt them to the end of my days.

He didn't win appeal over drink driving he won appeal for his prison time! He still got 30mnth ban but now got community service instead of jail :thumbup:

Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:35 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
powysblue wrote:Can Dean Saunders win his appeal against Drink Driving after seeing that police video body cam and subsequent police station video ? and Tom Lawrence still be picked for Wales Game after Crashing car whilst drunk/drugged ?

He didn't win appeal over drink driving he won appeal for his prison time! He still got 30mnth ban but now got community service instead of jail :thumbup:

Ok, thats good then.

Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:46 pm

powysblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Ok, thats good then.

Well he disputed their version of events leading up to his arrest guess on appeal there was doubt about things so changed jail for community service which tbh is about right in general? Cant have famous people being given worst sentences than Joe bloggs just because they're well known. :thumbup:

Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:32 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
powysblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Makaes a complete mockery of the Justice and common sense system and really is a bad who cares attitude towards others.

Ok, thats good then.

Well he disputed their version of events leading up to his arrest guess on appeal there was doubt about things so changed jail for community service which tbh is about right in general? Cant have famous people being given worst sentences than Joe bloggs just because they're well known. :thumbup:

Agree with Powys Blue.
But as for you Allan, would you be giving the 'thumbs up' if Saunders had seriously injured or killed a member of your family, driving whilst drunk!
You are as bad as Saunders!
Both Arseholes!

Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:22 am

I agree Powys Blue.
Saunders was off his face. If the evidence against him is as it then whether he's crashed or injured someone or not a 30 month ban and community service is not enough.

Mind you, he was sentenced to jail and that was still no deterrent to Lawrence and his mate was it.

Its obvious that much heavier sentences are required as a deterrent otherwise people will continue to be killed by these actions.

On the football side, missing a Saturday and being back on the Tuesday is shocking. How does a parent square that when talking with his son who hero worships footballers. At the very least the ban should last the duration of the weeks wage fine. Football needs to take some moral community high ground here and the PL or FA need to insist that players contracts allow heavier fines and longer playing bans.

As for Lawrence being in the Wales squad, it's a disgrace.

Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:57 am

No time at all for drink drivers.

Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:32 am

Bluebird Always wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
powysblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Makaes a complete mockery of the Justice and common sense system and really is a bad who cares attitude towards others.

Ok, thats good then.

Agree with Powys Blue.
But as for you Allan, would you be giving the 'thumbs up' if Saunders had seriously injured or killed a member of your family, driving whilst drunk!
Both Arseholes!

The thumbs up was for treating all people the same not have well known people punished more than Joe bloggs but then if read post properly you'd see that ! Personally people should be banned for minimum 2 yrs for drink driving . :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

And you should be ashamed of your language to me it was totally uncalled for :twisted:

Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:23 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird Always wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
powysblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Ok, thats good then.

Agree with Powys Blue.
Both Arseholes!

The thumbs up was for treating all people the same not have well known people punished more than Joe bloggs but then if read post properly you'd see that ! Personally people should be banned for minimum 2 yrs for drink driving . :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

And you should be ashamed of your language to me it was totally uncalled for :twisted:

Sorry for that

Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:35 am

Bluebird Always wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird Always wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
powysblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Ok, thats good then.

Agree with Powys Blue.
Both Arseholes!

Sorry for that

Thanks fo that I understood your point wasnt intended to glorify what he did just to highlight different justice for rich poor! Fone use is a real bug bear for me totally unnecessary with hands free available :roll:

Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:01 am

Speeding, using you're phone, drink driving should all be treated the same IMO.

I don't see how you can put one motoring offence higher than another tbh especially with speeding drivers being the biggest killer of the 3. They are all stupid things to do.

Sadly we have had two players get caught and banned for doing two of the above in recent years but our fans seemed more forgiving towards Craig and Ross than they are to Saunders and the Derby players.

Illegal parking is another one, a kid was killed by me just last week and a huge factor in that was cars parked up to the junction on double yellows and zig zags, those people have a death on their hands really just by being lazy.

Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:34 am

RV Casual wrote:Speeding, using you're phone, drink driving should all be treated the same IMO.

I don't see how you can put one motoring offence higher than another tbh especially with speeding drivers being the biggest killer of the 3. They are all stupid things to do.

Sadly we have had two players get caught and banned for doing two of the above in recent years but our fans seemed more forgiving towards Craig and Ross than they are to Saunders and the Derby players.

Illegal parking is another one, a kid was killed by me just last week and a huge factor in that was cars parked up to the junction on double yellows and zig zags, those people have a death on their hands really just by being lazy.

Its modern society no consideration for others especially on the roads! Its every man for himself when it comes to driving unfortunately.. :roll:

Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:50 am

People need to stop adding the drugs part to Lawrence's case, its not been reported he was on drugs and he's not been charged in relation to being on drugs.

Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:42 pm

This Country :roll: