Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: 2 season tickets for sale

Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:46 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Well,what do you think Swansea attendances will do,if not promoted this year? 13/15,000 at the very best :thumbup: you really shouldn't make references about a club,whose attendances are larger than your own,now and historically :laughing5: what was the highest gate at the vetch again,a piss poor 32,000 or so,compared to our 60,000 :?: you may have been top 2 for most of the season,but your support has been average at best,yet you come on here,in reference to the topic,making ludicrous suggestion that "it's begun"what's "it" you are referring to? The fact that 2 season tickets are for sale,or your sides slip from that incredibly high pedestal you put them,and yourself on? We can afford another couple of thousand "leavers" and still would have higher attendances than you :laughing6: :old: :bluebird:

I think our attendances will be around 15,500-16,500 should we not get promoted. I am realistic enough to know that.

Pretty much the same as yourselves give or take 500-1000 either side of that.

I don't believe you have any ''leavers'' let alone having a few thousand more of them. You simply have a core of around 15,000 and fluctuate from that with success, or lack of. Same as us. To suggest it's down to the re-brand is just silly when the actual figures show quite the opposite, you had one of your more successful attendance periods while in red, bigger than the majority of seasons when in blue.

To compound the above, you also had an away following of 849 on average (third worst in the league) in your second season following relegation, compared to our 1250 - and we have to travel on average 32 miles further. there is very little between the sides in terms of support, which is shocking really considering your proclaimed catchment area.

Stop pretending otherwise.

Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:47 pm

ElyBoy1984 wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
Consider that many Cardiff stayed away due to growing dissatisfaction with a terrible rebrand idea.

You were already back in blue. The season after you averaged much the same, 100 more.

Not buying that excuse.

The rebrand still has an effect on attendances.

The only impact the rebrand had on attendances was to significantly increase them when we were winning due to the money spent on the squad.

Then we started losing and the crowds went down..

Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:10 pm

maccydee wrote:
The only impact the rebrand had on attendances was to significantly increase them when we were winning due to the money spent on the squad.

... is the correct answer.

Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:14 pm

welsh-dragon-days wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Still Historically significantly higher than you clowns down West though blue or red.

Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:17 am

maccydee wrote:
Still Historically significantly higher than you clowns down West though blue or red.

60 years ago maybe, so if you are 70 years old and above then you may validly recall that as a small child. Since then, when all things are equal, it is generally much of a muchness really.

In the 80's you averaged 5,979 - we averaged 8,783
In the 90's you averaged 4,971- we averaged 3,909
in the 00's you averaged 12,685 - we averaged 9,150
in the present decade you average 24,684 - we average 19,288 (the majority of which we were at capacity with waiting list)

The last time you were in our position (second season in Championship following relegation) then we have roughly the same at 16,500.

So you are taking about a few thousand at best, that being at a period of time when we couldn't fit another body in the stadium. The majority of the last half a century has been essentially nothing in it.

facts, eh?

Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:23 am

maccydee wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Now that's not fair :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:42 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Now that's not fair :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

... or correct most importantly :D

Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:22 am

welsh-dragon-days wrote:
maccydee wrote:

60 years ago maybe, so if you are 70 years old and above then you may validly recall that as a small child. Since then, when all things are equal, it is generally much of a muchness really.

in the present decade you average 24,684 - we average 19,288 (the majority of which we were at capacity with waiting list)

The last time you were in our position (second season in Championship following relegation) then we have roughly the same at 16,500.

So you are taking about a few thousand at best, that being at a period of time when we couldn't fit another body in the stadium. The majority of the last half a century has been essentially nothing in it.

facts, eh?

in the present decade you average 24,684 - we average 19,288

There we have it - Bigger Stadium, bigger club bigger crowd! :thumbup: :wave:

Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:46 am

welsh-dragon-days wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:

You really are digging yourself a hole with your stupid comments. Best you feck off to planet swamp and try to convince the other turds there :bluebird:

Which comment do you think is stupid then?

I don’t do stupid comments, never have. I can only assume you have misread something.

I never respond to your comments but I just have to say that you really are so annoying.
Cardiff will Always be a much bigger club than you, whether it be 100 years ago or here and now. Even when you were in the prem.
You've been a better club recently but never bigger, never!

Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:49 am

Bluebina wrote:in the present decade you average 24,684 - we average 19,288

There we have it - Bigger Stadium, bigger club bigger crowd! :thumbup: :wave:

Yes, but as I said, that is clearly hampered by the vast majority of the decade having us restricted to 100% of capacity. Newcastle have a bigger attendance than Liverpool for that same reason.

There is practically nothing in it, as these figures show.

Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:00 am

mistaflux75 wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:

You really are digging yourself a hole with your stupid comments. Best you feck off to planet swamp and try to convince the other turds there :bluebird:

I don’t do stupid comments, never have. I can only assume you have misread something.

I never respond to your comments but I just have to say that you really are so annoying.
Cardiff will Always be a much bigger club than you, whether it be 100 years ago or here and now. Even when you were in the prem.

Of course I am annoying - because I speak sense on a forum where people want to make such silly comments as “we will always be a bigger club than you” etc etc and not be questioned or be forced to explain such things.

I think it’s quite obvious to everyone outside CF11 that Swansea are the bigger club at the moment, but wouldn’t dream of saying such things as “we will always be bigger” etc as that is just meaningless posturing and would probably make me look as if I am not secure in what I am saying. Cardiff may well one day become a force in football and have a global audience. It seems unlikely, but they may.

As I have touched upon before, when deciding the biggest and most popular celebrity in the world people always point to the global stage, especially in this age.

Swansea City have over a million global twitter followers - Cardiff City have 322k
Swansea have 1.34 million global likes on Facebook - Cardiff City have 526k

Like it or not, we are currently the bigger club. Far more people in this world are engaged with our club than yours, be that watching on TV, streaming or just declaring an interest through online social platforms. But it isn’t irreversible - although you do need to start to achieve things if you want to compete.

Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:33 am

welsh-dragon-days wrote:
mistaflux75 wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:

Of course I am annoying - because I speak sense on a forum where people want to make such silly comments as “we will always be a bigger club than you” etc etc and not be questioned or be forced to explain such things.

I think it’s quite obvious to everyone outside CF11 that Swansea are the bigger club at the moment, but wouldn’t dream of saying such things as “we will always be bigger” etc as that is just meaningless posturing and would probably make me look as if I am not secure in what I am saying. Cardiff may well one day become a force in football and have a global audience. It seems unlikely, but they may.

As I have touched upon before, when deciding the biggest and most popular celebrity in the world people always point to the global stage, especially in this age.

Swansea City have over a million global twitter followers - Cardiff City have 322k

Like it or not, we are currently the bigger club. Far more people in this world are engaged with our club than yours, be that watching on TV, streaming or just declaring an interest through online social platforms. But it isn’t irreversible - although you do need to start to achieve things if you want to compete.

Lmfao

Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:34 am

They probably follow us too. Red Foo and Victoria Azarenka watched us beat Arsenal at the Emirates.

Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:20 am

mistaflux75 wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:
mistaflux75 wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:

Lmfao

:blob5: :sign5: :spam1:

Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:27 am

pembroke allan wrote:

Welcome to the thread Al

Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:08 pm

welsh-dragon-days wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Welcome to the thread Al

the thread of absolute nonsense.... again :sleepy2:

Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:46 pm

maccydee wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
Consider that many Cardiff stayed away due to growing dissatisfaction with a terrible rebrand idea.

You were already back in blue. The season after you averaged much the same, 100 more.

Not buying that excuse.

The rebrand increased attendances?

Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:48 pm

welsh-dragon-days wrote:
maccydee wrote:

facts, eh?

So apart from the 80s we are pretty much 25% ahead of you.

Yes you may have been at capacity for the majority but not for all the games.

In which way are you ever a bigger club than us?

I do love a stats post though. Kudos for that.

Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:51 pm

ElyBoy1984 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:

Not buying that excuse.

Yep, we changed to red and won the title so attendances increased in line with that.

Please feel free to check my posts for a post where I did a huge look at our crowds and proved this beyond doubt.

Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:49 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Welcome to the thread Al

the thread of absolute nonsense.... again :sleepy2:

Welcome to the thread Paul.

Of course it is, people fall over themselves to disagree with facts and make up excuses, surely you know the drill by now?

Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:56 pm

maccydee wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:
maccydee wrote:

facts, eh?

So apart from the 80s we are pretty much 25% ahead of you.

Yes you may have been at capacity for the majority but not for all the games.

In which way are you ever a bigger club than us?

I do love a stats post though. Kudos for that.

Yes, a thousand more in the nineties and 3000 more in the 00’s - but that was in line with being in a higher division. Just like we were 50% ahead of you in the 80’s when we were in a higher division.

Yes, so if we were at full capacity for the majority of games then that is why the figure is 19,900 or whatever it is. The odd game may have had a few single tickets left, and by that I mean maybe 10.

I explained why we are obviously a bigger club than you currently. We have achieved far more in living memory and have a much larger global audience. It’s as simple as that really.

Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:33 am

maccydee wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:

Not buying that excuse.

Yep, we changed to red and won the title so attendances increased in line with that.

Please feel free to check my posts for a post where I did a huge look at our crowds and proved this beyond doubt.

Crowds increased because we were winning the league and got promoted not because we changed to red. If we hadn’t have switched from blue the attendance in the promotion year would have definitely been higher as many fans stopped going down altogether because of the change. Fact. Season in the prem was always going to sell as all the ‘plastic’ fans make an appearance. Our second season after relegation, once all the prem season tickets disappeared, had the lowest average attendance over the last 10 years. Relegation, shit football and a club in turmoil (despite the change back to blue) resulted in low crowds. That picked up again when Warnock took charge, reunited the club and fanbase and got us winning.

Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:39 am

Bottom line it’s about results. It’s no coincidence attendances rise and fall in line with results. They didn’t rise or fall with the rebrand, it was all due to success or failure.

Play in pink and win every game and you will sell out the stadium week after week. Play in blue and lose every game for a few years, you will struggle to get double figures.

Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:05 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:

Not buying that excuse.

Crowds increased because we were winning the league and got promoted not because we changed to red. If we hadn’t have switched from blue the attendance in the promotion year would have definitely been higher as many fans stopped going down altogether because of the change. Fact. Season in the prem was always going to sell as all the ‘plastic’ fans make an appearance. Our second season after relegation, once all the prem season tickets disappeared, had the lowest average attendance over the last 10 years. Relegation, shit football and a club in turmoil (despite the change back to blue) resulted in low crowds. That picked up again when Warnock took charge, reunited the club and fanbase and got us winning.

My point totally. It’s all on the performances on the pitch not the colour we were wearing. Those that left were replaced.

Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:08 pm

maccydee wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:

Not buying that excuse.

My point totally. It’s all on the performances on the pitch not the colour we were wearing. Those that left were replaced.

Those that left won't be replaced for a good ten years, atleast. Loyal relationships do not grow on trees.
As we saw the moment results suffered.
The rebrand did immense damage to relationship between club and fans. Even those who still attended reported feeling their match experience hollowed out.

Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:22 pm

i've come back to this forum after about 5 years of not coming on here (i now have a job with a little bit of downtime again).

i thought to myself "i wonder if roathy still comes on to the board from his mansion to bait city fans in to pointless arguments about the 2 clubs"

then i thought "surely that would have worn thin by now, for all parties"...apparently not.

although it did remind me of a thread he posted saying how it would take cardiff "over a decade" to overtake swansea again...

Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:11 pm

Wonder if the OP has sold his tickets yet? :shock:

Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:59 pm

ElyBoy1984 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:

Not buying that excuse.

Those that left won't be replaced for a good ten years, atleast. Loyal relationships do not grow on trees.
As we saw the moment results suffered.
The rebrand did immense damage to relationship between club and fans. Even those who still attended reported feeling their match experience hollowed out.

They were replaced. We increased attendances.

Personally the match day experience hollowed out for me in the new stadium and after the FA Cup Final. Then we found new fans.

There were a few who voted with their feet and stopped going altogether but there were only real protests when we started losing.

Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:35 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Wonder if the OP has sold his tickets yet? :shock:

I don’t know but another thread full of the usual mob feeding the troll.
Some good posters leaving this forum I notice.

Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:25 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:Wonder if the OP has sold his tickets yet? :shock:

I don’t know but another thread full of the usual mob feeding the troll.
Some good posters leaving this forum I notice.

It is trolling to discus football using stats to back up views now?

Or by troll do you mean ''someone I don't like''? :roll:

quite a difference.