Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I hope we planning for when Neil steps down next season

Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:37 pm

I was hoping a pre contract would be agreed behind the scenes. Chris Houghton or Big Sam perhaps. Don't want other teams stealing a march on them.

Re: I hope we planning for when Neil steps down next season

Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:00 pm

blue lagoon wrote:I was hoping a pre contract would be agreed behind the scenes. Chris Houghton or Big Sam perhaps. Don't want other teams stealing a march on them.

I expect they are all falling over themselves in their desperation to manage Cardiff.

Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:26 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:I was hoping a pre contract would be agreed behind the scenes. Chris Houghton or Big Sam perhaps. Don't want other teams stealing a march on them.

I expect they are all falling over themselves in their desperation to manage Cardiff.

And why wouldn't they ? Dont you think Cardiff City are a big club in the championship with a fantastic stadium and fanbase ?

Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:41 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

And why wouldn't they ? Dont you think Cardiff City are a big club in the championship with a fantastic stadium and fanbase ?

I'd say we are a massive catch

Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:24 pm

please not pulis waiting in the wings if you think we are not an attacking side now, enjoy it while it last.

Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:37 pm

Let’s get some new blood as a manager. Perhaps he’s successful young Spanish league manager?
Not excited about the has been prospects you mentioned.
Then Perhaps a director of football?

Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:11 am

waggera wrote:Let’s get some new blood as a manager. Perhaps he’s successful young Spanish league manager?
Not excited about the has been prospects you mentioned.
Then Perhaps a director of football?

I tend to agree with what you say,someone with a fresher idea of style,maybe with Bamba, as their number two,not knocking neil,or what he has done for the club,especially behind the scenes,uniting what was a club in turmoil.I do believe the sala issue affected the spending this year, but we have to coin neils phrase"we will have to go with what we've got" at least until January, and that will obviously be determined by where we are in the division. :old: :bluebird:

Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:16 am

I wouldn't mind seeing Chris Houghton coming here as he done pretty well wherever he has been. I've got a feeling Blackwell might step in though. Not sure how I feel about that. I can't imagine his tactics would be too different from Warnocks. Whoever it is I don't want us playing football where we aimlessly pass it along the back but I would like to see us setup less defensively and not use so many long balls.

Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:25 am

I would like someone like Houghton or Darren Moore? Moore was very unlucky to be sacked by WBA

Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:22 pm

David Moyes?

Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:32 pm

Alex Neil if Preston don't go up for me. But I'm already half expecting it to be Tony pulis or Michael Flynn from league 2.

Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:06 pm

I hope Warnock stays another season. If he doesn't, then sign Sam Allardyce.

Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:16 pm

Allardyce f.ck off as soon as he started hearing anti english songs he would be off

Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:57 pm

I would like someone young but a bit higher quality.

Someone like Mikel Arteta who is #2 to Guardiola would be a great shout if we go up. Massive contacts and plays good football.

In the championship probably be the same old merry go round names.

I'd let Bamba have a go if he wants it , he cant do any worse than the others mentioned