Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: All animal lovers/KFC eaters at CCS.

Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:51 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Some comments on here is beyond. It’s ok to torture an animal because of some imaginary friend. Yes there is a difference between being killed humanely and being unnecessarily tortured.
So those saying so what it’s dead and what does it matter how it was killed is like WTF. So if you had a pet and took it to the vet to be put to sleep it wouldn’t bother you if it was done humanely or you let the pet be tortured for several minutes before it lost consciousness then died ?
No I find the left and there moral compass is far more hypocritical than any other.

crazy how you've taken this issue and made it a political one.

imagine if i conflated being against halal meat to being islamaphobic...you'd probably find that quite reductive wouldn't you?

Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:06 pm

conmajesty wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Some comments on here is beyond. It’s ok to torture an animal because of some imaginary friend. Yes there is a difference between being killed humanely and being unnecessarily tortured.
So those saying so what it’s dead and what does it matter how it was killed is like WTF. So if you had a pet and took it to the vet to be put to sleep it wouldn’t bother you if it was done humanely or you let the pet be tortured for several minutes before it lost consciousness then died ?
No I find the left and there moral compass is far more hypocritical than any other.

imagine if i conflated being against halal meat to being islamaphobic...you'd probably find that quite reductive wouldn't you?

Everything is political. Stop deluding yourself.

Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:12 pm

Tbf, as has been pointed out, many places will use halal meat as it makes their product more marketable, in the same way lots of products that have traditionally contained wheat are changing the recipes so they can sell to Ceoliacs. From a business point of view using halal meat is a no brainer.

Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:08 pm

Halal is not more marketable, which is why companies have kept quiet about transferring our meat to Halal.
Just like their minimizing of many other issues.

Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:36 pm

Most people have no right to say they're animal lovers tbf - whole meat industry is awful. We de-beak chickens so they can't eat eachother, whilst they live in the dark in their own shit until the day they are killed. We grind up chicks whilst they're alive for no reason other than they're a waste product in the egg industry. Allow male calves to starve after taking them away from their mother as soon as they are born. Things like force feeding animals etc are fucked too. Halal or not it's all barbaric.

Don't think you'll see the anti halal brigade on here making threads about any of that mind...wonder why :roll:

Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:52 pm

conmajesty wrote:

Islamaphobic ??? A word made up by the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist group that rivals ISIS.

Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:05 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Jimmykingz wrote:Animals are killed virtually the same way in Judaism. What’s your point?

Virtually all the meat in your local kebab house will be halal. You’ll probably find that the meat in McDonald’s etc are too.

You’re eating a dead animal. It doesn’t matter how it’s killed

Halal is a joke. Islam, christianity, Judaism the lot of them are ancient myths written by delusional desert tribes and the sooner we stop taking their stories seriously the better. Call me what you want but it's the truth.

:lol: how sad you think that .

What have you based that on ?

Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:27 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
conmajesty wrote:

Islamaphobic ??? A word made up by the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist group that rivals ISIS.

Islamophobe - "According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the word means "Intense dislike or fear of Islam, esp. as a political force; hostility or prejudice towards Muslims". It is attested in English as early as 1923 to quote the French word islamophobie, found in a thesis published by Alain Quellien in 1910 to describe a "a prejudice against Islam that is widespread among the peoples of Western and Christian civilization""

Muslim Brotherhood - "Hassan al-Banna founded the Muslim Brotherhood in the city of Ismailia in March 1928 along with six workers of the Suez Canal Company, as a Pan-Islamic, religious, political, and social movement".

Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:35 pm

Unless you eat halal slaughtered meat you are quite rightly called islamophobic. Anyone who disagrees is a nazi and will be dealt with by sharia courts.

Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:24 am

ElyBoy1984 wrote:Unless you eat halal slaughtered meat you are quite rightly called islamophobic. Anyone who disagrees is a nazi and will be dealt with by sharia courts.

Do you know the difference between Halal slaughtered animals and non Halal?

You seem to be suggesting there is a great difference.

To save you looking it up, there is no difference other than there is someone present to ''bless'' the slaughter, it must be done by hand, the animal must be healthy at the time and he blood must drain from the body.

So the only difference between Halal and the meat you presumably eat - is that nobody is there to say a prayer. All other conditions usually comes under standard western practice anyway.

so anyone making this case in terms of animal welfare is a moron, quite simply. Sorry to be blunt.

Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:03 am

It’s daft that people use ‘halal’ as a reason for not eating that meat saying that it’s cruel yet are still happy to eat a steak or a roast dinner.
You have to realise that the animals are still held upside down by their legs and their throats cut to allow the blood to drain out no matter the slaughter house.
So if you have such strong morals, become vegetarian or have your own animals and kill them yourself so you j ow how they die. Why are we even talking about this on a football forum...

Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:37 am

NIBluebird wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Jimmykingz wrote:Animals are killed virtually the same way in Judaism. What’s your point?

Virtually all the meat in your local kebab house will be halal. You’ll probably find that the meat in McDonald’s etc are too.

Halal is a joke. Islam, christianity, Judaism the lot of them are ancient myths written by delusional desert tribes and the sooner we stop taking their stories seriously the better. Call me what you want but it's the truth.

When you see a tsunami or earthquake devastate a country, do you think whatever invisible friend you believe in is having a day off?

Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:26 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
conmajesty wrote:

i would LOVE for you to show me a word that isnt made up :lol:

seriously though, the word islam is over 1000 years old, the word phobia is 3000+ years old. it wasnt made up by a group in the 20th century as a conspiracy to stop people baselessly hating members of their religion

Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:02 pm

conmajesty wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
conmajesty wrote:

i would LOVE for you to show me a word that isnt made up :lol:

seriously though, the word islam is over 1000 years old, the word phobia is 3000+ years old. it wasnt made up by a group in the 20th century as a conspiracy to stop people baselessly hating members of their religion

I have no dog in this fight, apart from killing of any animal needlessly is wrong. But just on your point:-

Fish is a word that is thousands of years old moon is a word that is thousands of years old...

fishamoon - isn’t a word

Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:09 pm

conmajesty wrote:

You dont think the food industry is political? Haha

Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:14 pm

NIBluebird wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Being free from religious ideology is far from sad.

What have I based what on exactly? So who wrote all these books and made up all these rules for the different religions? I guess they were all written by separate gods that only decided that people who happened to be born in certain areas were allowed into their little secret after life.

Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:29 am

Unstunned.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:30 am

Most of the meat you eat is un-stunned, no question about it.

Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:14 pm

nubbsy wrote:
conmajesty wrote:

so you believe that halal meat is produced for political reasons and not religious reasons?

the only ones who make it political are the ones who oppose it, and the reasons that they oppose it are often hypocritical and telling of a deeper opposition, usually an opposition to a religion as a whole

Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:38 pm

conmajesty wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
conmajesty wrote:

so you believe that halal meat is produced for political reasons and not religious reasons?

the only ones who make it political are the ones who oppose it, and the reasons that they oppose it are often hypocritical and telling of a deeper opposition, usually an opposition to a religion as a whole

Religional is political, the ones that make it that way are the ones who impose it, not oppose it. Do you know nothing about history?

Also, it's healthy for people to oppose or question ideology religious or otherwise. As long as they aren't abusive in the process they shouldn't be challenged or judged by people like you.

Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:07 pm

nubbsy wrote:
conmajesty wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
conmajesty wrote:

Religional is political, the ones that make it that way are the ones who impose it, not oppose it. Do you know nothing about history?

Also, it's healthy for people to oppose or question ideology religious or otherwise. As long as they aren't abusive in the process they shouldn't be challenged or judged by people like you.

so what you're saying is, you can challenge things you believe is wrong...but someone ("people like" me) cant challenge you on that? ok, sounds entirely reasonable.

but lets take this out of the theoretical and in to the practical. what do you think the political reasoning is for "imposing" halal meat is?

personally i believe it is because we have a significant muslim minority in this country and muslims are far more likely not to eat somewhere that isnt halal than the rest of the country are to not eat their because it is (i.e. most non-muslims couldnt care less) and therefore its a purely commercial decision in most cases. what do you think it is?

Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:48 pm

I eat meat.

I hate every religion. Its the root cause of so much crap in the world.

Theres no guy sitting up on a cloud.

I take issue with my food being blessed.

I take issue with my food being slaughtered in a certain way to appease religion.

Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:35 pm

Bluedodo wrote:I eat meat.

I take issue with my food being slaughtered in a certain way to appease religion.

If you pay for animals to be slaughtered on your behalf then I am afraid you contribute to animal cruelty on a grotesque scale and you have no right to oppose any form of animal cruelty. In order to oppose it then you need to be against it, not paying for it to happen.

Animal corpse eaters stance on animal cruelty does make me chuckle.

Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:48 pm

welsh-dragon-days wrote:

If you pay for animals to be slaughtered on your behalf then I am afraid you contribute to animal cruelty on a grotesque scale and you have no right to oppose any form of animal cruelty. In order to oppose it then you need to be against it, not paying for it to happen.

I am a meat eater (although i do 3 veggie days a week) but its silly to draw lines in the sand in terms of which slaughter is acceptable and which isnt.

there are many different ways of slaughtering animals that vary in degrees of "cruelty" that have nothing to do with religion, yet i dont see anyone getting up in arms about those...

Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:52 pm

What do you mean you don’t see anyone up in arms about those? It’s horrific and constantly lobbied.

You may think it’s acceptable for a living being to have an electric bolt through it’s head, hung upside down and get stabbed in the neck with a knife until it bleeds to death, all in the name of pleasure - but back on planet earth, acceptable it is not.

Being needlessly slightly cruel or needlessly quite cruel - both ending in murder, is hardly a great difference. How about don’t be cruel to living things at all? Crazy idea eh?

Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:06 pm

welsh-dragon-days wrote:What do you mean you don’t see anyone up in arms about those? It’s horrific and constantly lobbied.

You may think it’s acceptable for a living being to have an electric bolt through it’s head, hung upside down and get stabbed in the neck with a knife until it bleeds to death, all in the name of pleasure - but back on planet earth, acceptable it is not.

Being needlessly slightly cruel or needlessly quite cruel - both ending in murder, is hardly a great difference. How about don’t be cruel to living things at all? Crazy idea eh?

i think you've misunderstood my point.

my point is that meat eaters only seem to care how their meat is killed when religion is involved. other than that they never seem to care about the ethics of their meat consumption.

so this protest at halal meat is based more in opposition of a certain religion as opposed to animal cruelty..

Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:11 pm

welsh-dragon-days wrote:What do you mean you don’t see anyone up in arms about those? It’s horrific and constantly lobbied.

looking back i can see how that was misinterpreted. i meant specifically meat eaters

Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:11 pm

I apologise, and yes I agree.

Pigs are “stunned” using carbon dioxide gas. Their screams as the gas burns their lungs from the inside is horrific to hear, and they have the equivalent intelligence of a 4 year old child.

Can you imagine the uproar if they were doing this to dogs? Who are far less intelligent than pigs.

All animal slaughter is extreme cruelty by definition. Utterly horrific that generations from now will look back on in utter shame.

But you are right, this odd moral standpoint is religiously motivated and not animal welfare motivated. You cannot be concerned about animal welfare when chowing down on a burger whether is it halal, kosher, western or any other kind.

Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:39 pm

welsh-dragon-days wrote:

I've taken no stance on animal cruelty, in your rush to shoot people down you've made a mistake.

As i clearly stated i take issue with religion and it being brought into preparation of my food.

Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:46 pm

Bluedodo wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:

I've taken no stance on animal cruelty, in your rush to shoot people down you've made a mistake.

As i clearly stated i take issue with religion and it being brought into preparation of my food.

and that is your personal choice not to buy or eat it (as far as im aware all halal food/food vendors are clearly marked)

although i must ask, why does it bother you? I'm an atheist myself, and knowing there is no god makes these blessings utterly meaningless too me, i couldnt care less who waved their hands over my food and said a chant because i know it makes no difference. how do you feel that it affects you?

i dont agree that religion is inherently bad (but thats another discussion i feel), but if i did i certainly dont think taking a stance against blessed food would be a way of opposing it, it seems quite arbitrary