Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Mendez-Laing? ‘

Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:03 pm

Has the quality/skill in abundance, but my opinion needs to show it more and stop being lazy & laid back.

If Cardiff want promotion Mendez-Laing has to shine :bluebird:

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing?

It has been a very curious start to the campaign for a winger as talented as Mendez-Laing.

The player ended last season with a brace in a 2-0 win over Manchester United, so fans were right to expect him to have a huge impact in the Championship this time round.

But, for whatever reason, he just hasn't fired.

Since the debacle at Reading, Mendez-Laing has played just 90 minutes in eight games.

Against West Brom, he showed glimpses, but after the international break, he will have to show Warnock a whole heap more.

Re: ‘ Mendez-Laing? ‘

Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:44 pm

He's got excellent pace when fully fit. I say "when fully fit" because I believe that right now, he's overweight. But he needs to work on his ball retention, he surrenders the ball too cheaply (like so many of our team!).

Re: ‘ Mendez-Laing? ‘

Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:01 pm

Alan_in_China wrote:He's got excellent pace when fully fit. I say "when fully fit" because I believe that right now, he's overweight. But he needs to work on his ball retention, he surrenders the ball too cheaply (like so many of our team!).

Was thinking along same lines,looks a bit podgy to me, and the whole team need to improve ball retention imho. :old: :bluebird: