15%

Total votes : 33

MATCH THREAD: " CARDIFF CITY v SHEFF WED " MATCH THREAD

Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:45 pm

CARDIFF CITY v SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY
Friday 18th October 2019, 7.45pm
SkyBet Championship
Cardiff City Stadium

City: Neil Etheridge Lee Peltier Aden Flint Sean Morrison Joe Bennett Leandro Bacuna
Joe Ralls Marlon Pack Nathaniel Mendez-Laing Josh Murphy Robert Glatzel

Subs: Alex Smithies Curtis Nelson Callum Paterson Lee Tomlin
Gavin Whyte Junior Hoilett Danny Ward

Pay on the night for both sets off fans :thumbright:

Warnock revealed he will have to make a late call on goalkeeper Neil Etheridge and winger Junior Hoilett with the pair having arrived back only yesterday following their stints away with the Philippines and and Canada respectively.

Sol Bamba is still not in contention, either, with Warnock wanting him to have an under-23s game under his belt before he is considered for first-team action. Isaac Vassell is also still out with his torn quad.

Joe Ralls, who missed the last two games before the international break, has recovered from his thigh issue and will be considered for selection.

The manager also said he had considered the option of playing both Robert Glatzel and Danny Ward up front together, with the latter having bagged three goals in his last two outings.

TEAM NEWS :bluebird:

Joe Ralls is fully fit for tomorrow night :thumbright:

NEIL WARNOCK:

“They’re not all back, there’s a couple missing at the moment. We did have an option to play it on Sunday, looking back, so it’s probably as much my fault as anything,” he said.

“The lads had games had games Monday and Tuesday, so it’s not been possible.

“(Neil) Etheridge and Junior Hoilett are not back.

“We will have a look today, hopefully we can get them back. We are training a little bit later today to give them a chance.

“They all had good results though. It’s been a good week for them.”

I can't get to Cardiff City Stadium, is the match on TV?

Yes, the match is live on Sky Sports.

About Sheffield Wednesday

Sheffield Wednesday Football Club is a professional association football club based in Sheffield, England. The team competes in the Championship, the second tier of the English football league system. Formed in 1867 as an offshoot of The Wednesday Cricket Club (itself formed in 1820), they went by the name of the Wednesday Football Club until changing to their current name in 1929.

Wednesday is one of the oldest football clubs in the world of any code, and the third-oldest professional association football club in England. In 1868 its team won the Cromwell Cup, only the second tournament of its kind. They were founding members and inaugural champions of the Football Alliance in 1889, before joining The Football League three years later. In 1992 they became founder members of the Premier League. The team has spent most of its league history in English football's top flight, but they have not played at that level since being relegated in 2000.

The Owls, as they are nicknamed, have won four league titles, three FA Cups, one League Cup and one FA Community Shield. Wednesday have also competed in UEFA cup competitions on four occasions, reaching the quarter-finals of the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup in 1963. In 1991 they defeated Manchester United 1-0 in the Football League Cup Final as a tier 2 team. As of 2019 they remain the last team outside the top flight to win one of English football's major trophies.

In the 19th century they played their matches at several stadiums around central Sheffield, most notabally Olive Grove and Bramall Lane. Since 1899 the club has played all its home matches at Hillsborough stadium, a near-40,000 capacity stadium in the north-west Sheffield suburb of Owlerton.

Previous Meeting

We last played Sheffield Wednesday in January 2018 at Hillsborough. The fixture in the Championship finished 0-0.

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Cardiff City: Smithies, Peltier, Morrison, Flint, Bennett, Bacuna, Pack, Paterson, Whyte, Hoilett, Glatzel

Sheffield Wednesday: Westwood, Odubajo, Iorfa, Borner, Palmer, Pulupessy, Reach, Luongo, Bannan, Harris, Fletcher

Form - Last Three Games  

West Bromwich Albion 4-2 Cardiff City
Cardiff City 3-0 QPR
Hull City 2-2 Cardiff City

Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Wigan Athletic
Hull City 1-0 Sheffield Wednesday
Middlesbrough 1-4 Sheffield Wednesday

Match Odds

Cardiff City - 23/20
Sheffield Wednesday - 12/5
Draw - 9/4

Predictions

Post your predictions below  :thumbright:

Re: LATEST NEWS " CARDIFF CITY v SHEFF WED " MATCH THREAD

Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:32 pm

Should be a good crowd of around 24,000 with about 2,000 Wednesday fans . :bluebird:

Plus the return of Kadeem Harris

Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:47 pm

I think we may come unstuck in this one, especially with the international break .

They have a lot of pace up top which will cause us problems all night

I fear a 2-0 loss in this one the way they play is all wrong for us

Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:48 pm

thomasblue wrote:I think we may come unstuck in this one, especially with the international break .

Like all other reams in championship you mean? :mrgreen:

Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
thomasblue wrote:I think we may come unstuck in this one, especially with the international break .

Like all other reams in championship you mean? :mrgreen:

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:40 pm

Cardiff City 2-1 Sheffield Wednesday. If Tomlin and Murphy play I reckon we'll win, if we go with Paterson at CAM again then forget it we'll draw. Would like to see Mendez-Laing show up for the first time this season too.

Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:34 am

2-1 city :thumbup:

Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:45 am

I think this could end up being a score draw. 2-2.

Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:58 pm

Ralls will be back for this one and with home advantage I fancy a 2 nil win for the Bluebirds :)

Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:07 pm

3-1

Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:36 pm

Would like to see Ward given a chance .

Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:35 pm

2-1 win. Ward, Tomlin and Etheridge to start with the return of Ralls as well.

Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:10 pm

Sheffield Wednesday boss Garry Monk has revealed that captain Tom Lees is unlikely to return to action against Cardiff City on Friday evening.

Lees is yet to feature under Monk and has been missing since injuring his hamstring in the warm-up ahead of the Owl’s 2-1 defeat to QPR at the end of August.

In the captain’s absence, Dominic Iorfa has stepped up to partner Julian Borner in central defence and the have duo formed a strong partnership so far.

Re: TEAM NEWS " CARDIFF CITY v SHEFF WED " MATCH THREAD

Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:24 am

TEAM NEWS :bluebird:

NEIL WARNOCK:

“They’re not all back, there’s a couple missing at the moment. We did have an option to play it on Sunday, looking back, so it’s probably as much my fault as anything,” he said.

“The lads had games had games Monday and Tuesday, so it’s not been possible.

“(Neil) Etheridge and Junior Hoilett are not back.

“We will have a look today, hopefully we can get them back. We are training a little bit later today to give them a chance.

“They all had good results though. It’s been a good week for them.”

Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:49 am

Joe Ralls is fully fit for tomorrow night :thumbright:

Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:11 pm

I just wonder whether tomorrow night Warnock may try Glatzel upfront with Ward just behind as an advanced No.10 ?

I don't think Ward is quick enough to play upfront on his own but I do think he's intelligent enough to form a decent partnership with Glatzel.

It may leave us a bit too open in midfield though so will depend on how brave NW is feeling !!

Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:01 pm

1-0 city ....hope ward starts with Glaz...whatever happens , hoping for 2 wins and a draw in next 7 days !!

Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:21 pm

Blueman39 wrote:1-0 city ....hope ward starts with Glaz...whatever happens , hoping for 2 wins and a draw in next 7 days !!

:thumbup:

Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:14 pm

If anyone wants a FREE HOME ticket to the Sheffield Wednesday game,text me on 07886330091.got a spare ticket and don’t want it going to waste

Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:54 am

https://youtu.be/5Fn_pHhjD0I

He’s the referee tonight :shock:

Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:34 am

Warnock revealed he will have to make a late call on goalkeeper Neil Etheridge and winger Junior Hoilett with the pair having arrived back only yesterday following their stints away with the Philippines and and Canada respectively.

Sol Bamba is still not in contention, either, with Warnock wanting him to have an under-23s game under his belt before he is considered for first-team action. Isaac Vassell is also still out with his torn quad.

Joe Ralls, who missed the last two games before the international break, has recovered from his thigh issue and will be considered for selection.

The manager also said he had considered the option of playing both Robert Glatzel and Danny Ward up front together, with the latter having bagged three goals in his last two outings.

Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:36 am

For the Owls, they have been buoyed by the news that Liam Palmer and Atdhe Nuhiu are deemed fit enough to be involved on Friday night.

Another boost for Friday's visitors comes in the form of summer signing Massimo Luongo, who is in contention after picking up an injury against Wigan before the international break.

Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:42 am

Sheffield Wednesday Pay on the night ticket prices

Away fans
Matchday general area:

Adults: £23
Seniors 60+: £18
16-21yrs: £13
Junior U16: £10

There was also an area cheaper for their families

Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:28 am

Would also like to see Ward start with Glatzel
Money is going on 1-0 City.

Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:34 am

Queue Kareem Harris to have a blinder tonight.
I'm predicting a draw tonight. One - One.

Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:45 am

Forever Blue wrote:Sheffield Wednesday Pay on the night ticket prices

Away fans
Matchday general area:

Adults: £23
Seniors 60+: £18
16-21yrs: £13
Junior U16: £10

There was also an area cheaper for their families

Sheffield Wednesday always charge us way over the odds when we visit Hillsborough. Hope they keep this price in mind when we go there.

Re: MATCH THREAD: " CARDIFF CITY v SHEFF WED " MATCH THREAD

Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:06 pm

City: Neil Etheridge Lee Peltier Aden Flint Sean Morrison Joe Bennett Leandro Bacuna
Joe Ralls Marlon Pack Nathaniel Mendez-Laing Josh Murphy Robert Glatzel

Subs: Alex Smithies Curtis Nelson Callum Paterson Lee Tomlin
Gavin Whyte Junior Hoilett Danny Ward

Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:32 pm

Westwood (GK) injured in warm up

Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:02 pm

Gary Monk feeling the love tonight :lol: :lol:

Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:05 pm

0-1 :cry: