Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: TEAMS " WALES v CROATIA ". MATCH THREAD

Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:50 pm

RV Casual wrote:Superb result against the World Cup Runners up, means if we beat Azerbaijan and Hungary now we can even afford for Croatia to draw with Slovakia at home and we will still qualify.

It's in our hands and looking good.

Dont tell phil meldrew that he he thought we were garbage again! :roll:

Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:50 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Not a bad result, but could have been better. We're good enough to win our last two. We need Croatia to beat Slovakia, and not sure they will on tonight's showing

We don't need them to beat them mate, as long as we win our two games the can draw and we qualify on head to head.

Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:55 pm

RV Casual wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Not a bad result, but could have been better. We're good enough to win our last two. We need Croatia to beat Slovakia, and not sure they will on tonight's showing

We don't need them to beat them mate, as long as we win our two games the can draw and we qualify on head to head.

Wales are 4 points behind Hungary with 2 games left while Hungary have Croatia away. I'm not sure we will finish second if that's what you mean

Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:55 pm

RV Casual wrote:

Thanks, thought we needed Croatia to win.

Feeling more positive now :thumbright:

Re: FINAL RESULT: " WALES v CROATIA ". MATCH THREAD

Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:56 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=210340

Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:56 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Wales are 4 points behind Hungary with 2 games left while Hungary have Croatia away. I'm not sure we will finish second if that's what you mean

Lay off the beers mate. No idea what you're on about.

Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:00 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Ok, explain as how we can qualify if we finish 3rd as that is more than likely
Last edited by Charlie Harper on Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:02 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

It's about Slovakia we need them to lose otherwise if they win cannot catch them or Croatia. If Slovakia draw they will need beat Azerbaijan to qualify on head to head if we win both games same for Croatia they will qualify on head to head with us..
Could end up with 3 on points but we will lose out on head to head

Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:04 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

It's about Slovakia we need them to lose otherwise if they win cannot catch them or Croatia. If Slovakia draw they will need beat Azerbaijan to qualify on head to head if we win both games same for Croatia they will qualify on head to head with us

Ok but what about Hungary? Have we forgot about them ?

Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:06 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

It's about Slovakia we need them to lose otherwise if they win cannot catch them or Croatia. If Slovakia draw they will need beat Azerbaijan to qualify on head to head if we win both games same for Croatia they will qualify on head to head with us..
Could end up with 3 team's on 14 points but we will lose out on head to head! simple need Slovakia to lose otherwise need Azerbaijan to get a draw against them as like said could be on same points but lose out head to head as we've lost to Slovakia and Croatia. :thumbup:

Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:11 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Could end up with 3 team's on 14 points but we will lose out on head to head! simple need Slovakia to lose otherwise need Azerbaijan to get a draw against them as like said could be on same points but lose out head to head as we've lost to Slovakia and Croatia. :thumbup:

Yeah maybe I dont understand but we didn't lose to Slovakia, a win and a draw.

My point is Hungary are 4 points above us, they play Croatia away while Wales have Azerbaijan away and Hungary home.

Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:12 pm

We cant now get above Croatia but if they lose to Slovakia then Hungary could get above them by beating us. That keeps Croatia in need of a result so hopefully they'll perform against Slovakia, even with the players out. So when we get a win in Baku there'll by 1200 of us in desperate for a late night bar in Baku to watch the Croatia / Hungary game. Going to be huge night for Welsh football. Hopefully the injuries aren't too bad and we get Ramsey and Brookes back. The cautions are mounting and carry through to the play offs.

Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:15 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

My point is Hungary are 4 points above us, they play Croatia away while Wales have Azerbaijan away and Hungary home.

Hungary's only game left is away to us. Croatia are home to Slovakia after we play in Azerbaijan.

Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:16 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Hungary have one game left against us in Cardiff,

Slovakia have two, Azerbaijan and Croatia

We have two, Azerbaijan and Hungary.

If we win both our games we will have 14 points, Hungary will stay on 12, If Slovakia beat Azerbaijan they will have 13 points which means we only need Croatia to draw with them as if they draw abd have 14 points, same as us then we go through on head to head.

All hypothetical mind and means nothing if we fail to win both games.

Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:20 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Sorry your right but still got a problem if Slovakia win so yes a draw or loss will be ideal result ! Croatia only got Slovakia left Hungary only got us so basically Slovakia musnt win against Croatia otherwise if do Azerbaijan will need a draw to stop them qualify
:mrgreen:

Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:24 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

And you say I dont know my arse from my elbow

Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:32 pm

Very poor first half from both sides imo but that goal was vital as you could tell the crowd were becoming restless until Davies drove at Croatia and Bale scored. Much better second half and I thought we edged the second half against the World cup finalists. Don't forget we were playing for 30 mins with a centre midfield that consisted of a player that was playing for a championship team in the bottom 3 and a league 1 player against a Real Madrid, Chelsea and Barcelona midfield.

Decent point in the end, need to create more chances though as we never looked like getting a 2nd goal, but saying that neither did Croatia. Need to get it done now, beat Azerbijan away and Hungary at home and more than likely Croatia should get a draw or win at home to Slovakia. Allen suspended but hopefully Bale will be fit in a months time along with Ramsey and Mepham and at a push possibly Brooks.

Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:04 pm

Honestly quite concerning that we only scored when Ben Davies said bollocks to the patient play. Just wondering how Giggs sets up going forward because once we started playing more aggressively we looked almost on par with the World Cup runners up

Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:07 pm

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:Honestly quite concerning that we only scored when Ben Davies said bollocks to the patient play. Just wondering how Giggs sets up going forward because once we started playing more aggressively we looked almost on par with the World Cup runners up

Was difficult to play expansive football because 1 would get picked off at back....2 if Croatia had won they qualified so nothing to play for against Slovakia our main rival... musnt forget we've conceded only minimal goals at home and not lost in fair few games at home now! so progressing slowly and after all still in with chance to qualify, let's hope we have our full strength team out next time
minus Allen of course and se what we can do because obviously we need to win so no holding back.... :thumbup:

Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:07 pm

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:Honestly quite concerning that we only scored when Ben Davies said bollocks to the patient play. Just wondering how Giggs sets up going forward because once we started playing more aggressively we looked almost on par with the World Cup runners up

Was difficult to play expansive football because 1 would get picked off at back....2 if Croatia had won they qualified so nothing to play for against Slovakia our main rival... musnt forget we've conceded only minimal goals at home and not lost in fair few games at home now! so progressing slowly and after all still in with chance to qualify, let's hope we have our full strength team out next time
minus Allen of course and se what we can do because obviously we need to win so no holding back.... :thumbup:

Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:21 pm

And you say I dont know my arse from my elbow[/quote]

And I will stand by that statement :thumbup:

Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:52 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
phildavies wrote:Same as Slovakia we look happy to get a draw in a game we need to win. The players don’t seem bothered at the end and again wasting time a throw ins even though we need to score:

Get a life played last ten minutes with 10men and you whinge about getting a result against a very food side what you want 6-0 result? You've got not idea of football at international level that for sure :banghead:

Stop getting angry and talking nonsense :lol:

Both games we needed to win and the players seemed happy to just play it our for a draw with no ergency in the last 20 mins or so of both games. Not good enough to just give up on trying to win games at whatever level.

Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:54 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Superb result against the World Cup Runners up, means if we beat Azerbaijan and Hungary now we can even afford for Croatia to draw with Slovakia at home and we will still qualify.

It's in our hands and looking good.

Dont tell phil meldrew that he he thought we were garbage again! :roll:

Can I suggest you learn to calm down and relax and also realise this is football forum so people are going to talk about football on it :lol:

Also making up stuff I never said to try to be funny a bit pathetic really :ayatollah: