FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMENT

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMENT

Postby Sven » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:35 am

Sala transfer: FIFA give 'notice in writing' that Cardiff must pay Nantes €6 million – FIFA



Wednesday October 16th 2019


Cardiff City must pay Nantes €6 million for the transfer of Emiliano Sala who died in a plane crash on his way to the Welsh club, FIFA said on Monday.

The sum was agreed as the first instalment for the player.

Sala was travelling to Cardiff from the French club in January after signing for £15 million (around €16.914m) when his plane crashed in the English Channel.

The body of the 28-year-old Argentine striker was recovered nearly three weeks later after an underwater search found the wreckage. Pilot David Ibbotson has not been found.

“The FIFA Players’ Status Committee established that Cardiff City FC must pay FC Nantes the sum of 6,000,000 euros, corresponding to the first instalment due in accordance with the transfer agreement,” FIFA said in a statement.


The clubs were involved in a dispute over when the first instalment of the fee should be paid and FIFA began investigating Sala’s transfer following a claim from the French club in February.


Both clubs were notified of the decision on Monday and FIFA said they could appeal against it to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman said at the time that the club would pay the transfer fee “if contractually obliged”.
Attachments
Emiliano Sala.jpg
Emiliano Sala.jpg (28.18 KiB) Viewed 5622 times
"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their gutter level and beat you with experience!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 17939
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:14 pm

FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMENT

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:11 am

City promised they would pay, it’s becoming a real farce

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204226




Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman said at the time that the club would pay the transfer fee “if contractually obliged”.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 121918
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby Escott1927 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:56 am

Forever Blue wrote:City promised they would pay, it’s becoming a real farce

https://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 2&t=204226


Is this in reply to the appeal as well Annis? I agree, time to pay up and move on. Tan would be better off using his money to try and find out who was responsible for organising the plane and flight.
Escott1927
 
Posts: 662
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:30 am

Either city drop appeal or they persue it? If persue it how can they pay it or do they pay then ask for it back if win? Odd that fifa are not waiting for appeal?
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 20960
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby Deano1 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:37 am

Nothing new here. City have received the legal notice of FIFA's decision in writing thats all. We're appealing to the Court of Arbitration for Sport who haven't heard the case yet.
User avatar
Deano1
 
Posts: 1591
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:19 pm
Location: Stirling

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby welsh-dragon-days » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:07 am

Annis is right.

They said they would pay if it turns out they have to. FIFA have told them they have to... and they are still refusing.

I said from the start that the club will have to pay, even explained in great detail why. There is zero change FIFA's ruling will be overturned and it is only going to cost the club more money and drag it's name through the mus further.

Any fans backing this appeal are in cloud cuckoo land.
User avatar
welsh-dragon-days
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:19 am

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby Deano1 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:04 pm

The final say on whether we have to pay is not FIFA's, it's the Court of Arbitration for Sport's
User avatar
Deano1
 
Posts: 1591
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:19 pm
Location: Stirling

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby welsh-dragon-days » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:10 pm

Deano1 wrote:The final say on whether we have to pay is not FIFA's, it's the Court of Arbitration for Sport's


Yes it is.

This is an optional appeal to a court outside of football. In football terms, FIFA had the final say.
User avatar
welsh-dragon-days
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:19 am

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby Deano1 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:01 pm

All appeals are optional
User avatar
Deano1
 
Posts: 1591
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:19 pm
Location: Stirling

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby Deano1 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:12 pm

Appealing to the CAS is part of the process these days. FIFA knows this, Cardiff City knows this and Nantes know this. Nantes would be doing exactly the same if FIFA's decision went against them. Once all legal avenues have been exhausted THEN we must pay.
User avatar
Deano1
 
Posts: 1591
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:19 pm
Location: Stirling

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:21 pm

welsh-dragon-days wrote:
Deano1 wrote:The final say on whether we have to pay is not FIFA's, it's the Court of Arbitration for Sport's


Yes it is.

This is an optional appeal to a court outside of football. In football terms, FIFA had the final say.


Its optional for majority of sports ... and dont get many or any organisation going against CAS or no point in having it ? If CAS said city dont need to pay then what fifa say sorry we only used you for fun?
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 20960
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby Bluedodo » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:24 pm

welsh-dragon-days wrote:
Deano1 wrote:The final say on whether we have to pay is not FIFA's, it's the Court of Arbitration for Sport's


Yes it is.

This is an optional appeal to a court outside of football. In football terms, FIFA had the final say.


If CAS say Cardiff do not have to pay that is the final matter and FIFA will not contest it.
Bluedodo
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:58 pm

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:57 pm

Bluedodo wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:
Deano1 wrote:The final say on whether we have to pay is not FIFA's, it's the Court of Arbitration for Sport's


Yes it is.

This is an optional appeal to a court outside of football. In football terms, FIFA had the final say.


If CAS say Cardiff do not have to pay that is the final matter and FIFA will not contest it.



That is CAS function to be final arbitrator in disputes! But this story is old news there is nothing on fifa website beyond original decision 2nd Oct or on news outlets!! Didn't make sense fifa saying clubs can appeal then say still pay as we'll ignore CAS ? :roll:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 20960
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby piledriver64 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:37 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:
Deano1 wrote:The final say on whether we have to pay is not FIFA's, it's the Court of Arbitration for Sport's


Yes it is.

This is an optional appeal to a court outside of football. In football terms, FIFA had the final say.


If CAS say Cardiff do not have to pay that is the final matter and FIFA will not contest it.



That is CAS function to be final arbitrator in disputes! But this story is old news there is nothing on fifa website beyond original decision 2nd Oct or on news outlets!! Didn't make sense fifa saying clubs can appeal then say still pay as we'll ignore CAS ? :roll:


It's the same with any legal process.

You can Appeal to a higher court as long as there are grounds and that you haven't exhausted all the tiers of appeal.

Perfectly normal for FIFA to make a "judgment" but for that then to be appealed.

It's not just about the clubs. If there are insurance companies involved then they won't pay up until the legal channels/challenges have been exhausted.
piledriver64
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:45 pm

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby welsh-dragon-days » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:37 pm

Deano1 wrote:Appealing to the CAS is part of the process these days. FIFA knows this, Cardiff City knows this and Nantes know this. Nantes would be doing exactly the same if FIFA's decision went against them. Once all legal avenues have been exhausted THEN we must pay.


No it isn’t.

It’s part of the appeal process. To only agree to pay after you have exhausted every avenue to try and get out of it is ludicrous business sense.

As a correction also, you must pay now. FIFA have ordered that who govern the sport. Fail to do so and they may well slap a transfer embargo on you whether you are appealing or not. Only if your appeal is successful will that embargo be lifted or reversed. But as of now, you are being told you must pay.
User avatar
welsh-dragon-days
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:19 am

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:41 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:
Deano1 wrote:The final say on whether we have to pay is not FIFA's, it's the Court of Arbitration for Sport's


Yes it is.

This is an optional appeal to a court outside of football. In football terms, FIFA had the final say.


If CAS say Cardiff do not have to pay that is the final matter and FIFA will not contest it.



That is CAS function to be final arbitrator in disputes! But this story is old news there is nothing on fifa website beyond original decision 2nd Oct or on news outlets!! Didn't make sense fifa saying clubs can appeal then say still pay as we'll ignore CAS ? :roll:


It's the same with any legal process.

You can Appeal to a higher court as long as there are grounds and that you haven't exhausted all the tiers of appeal.

Perfectly normal for FIFA to make a "judgment" but for that then to be appealed.

It's not just about the clubs. If there are insurance companies involved then they won't pay up until the legal channels/challenges have been exhausted.



Phil
think most average person knows this but some seem to make an argument against the club for not paying! CAS in sport terms is end of line for appeals so expect city to abide by its decision, but that certainly is not end matter as you say theres insurance companies to consider plus accountability for the deaths by someone.... as I've said this is the same story from before probably to generate more posts on it which tbh is not very helpful to anyone.. :old:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 20960
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby welsh-dragon-days » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:46 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Phil
think most average person knows this but some seem to make an argument against the club for not paying! CAS in sport terms is end of line for appeals so expect city to abide by its decision, but that certainly is not end matter as you say theres insurance companies to consider plus accountability for the deaths by someone.... as I've said this same story from before probably to generate more posts on it which tbh is not very helpful to anyone.. :old:


Insurance companies and liability for deaths has no bearing on anything.

Once that payment is due then it is due. You may wish to claim back on your insurance (I think it’s clear there is no insurance however) but that will be a dispute between Cardiff and the insurance company. If Nantes do not receive their money on the date agreed then Cardiff may have a transfer embargo imposed and/or a points deduction.

An appeal to CAS is absolutely not normal part of the process. It is a part of an appeal process that flies in the face of FIFA the governing body. CAS is there to adjudicate on things like this, but it is my no means normal. FIFA’s decision to most clubs is final.
User avatar
welsh-dragon-days
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:19 am

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby Charlie Harper » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:53 pm

welsh-dragon-days wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Phil
think most average person knows this but some seem to make an argument against the club for not paying! CAS in sport terms is end of line for appeals so expect city to abide by its decision, but that certainly is not end matter as you say theres insurance companies to consider plus accountability for the deaths by someone.... as I've said this same story from before probably to generate more posts on it which tbh is not very helpful to anyone.. :old:


Insurance companies and liability for deaths has no bearing on anything.

Once that payment is due then it is due. You may wish to claim back on your insurance (I think it’s clear there is no insurance however) but that will be a dispute between Cardiff and the insurance company. If Nantes do not receive their money on the date agreed then Cardiff may have a transfer embargo imposed and/or a points deduction.

An appeal to CAS is absolutely not normal part of the process. It is a part of an appeal process that flies in the face of FIFA the governing body. CAS is there to adjudicate on things like this, but it is my no means normal. FIFA’s decision to most clubs is final.



How would you or anybody else here know if there was insurance. Stop guessing and setting an agenda here or better still, feck off to planet swamp with the rest of the turds there :occasion5:
Mad bad and dangerous to know
User avatar
Charlie Harper
 
Posts: 1471
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:43 am
Location: Malibu beach

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:08 pm

welsh-dragon-days wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Phil
think most average person knows this but some seem to make an argument against the club for not paying! CAS in sport terms is end of line for appeals so expect city to abide by its decision, but that certainly is not end matter as you say theres insurance companies to consider plus accountability for the deaths by someone.... as I've said this same story from before probably to generate more posts on it which tbh is not very helpful to anyone.. :old:


Insurance companies and liability for deaths has no bearing on anything.

Once that payment is due then it is due. You may wish to claim back on your insurance (I think it’s clear there is no insurance however) but that will be a dispute between Cardiff and the insurance company. If Nantes do not receive their money on the date agreed then Cardiff may have a transfer embargo imposed and/or a points deduction.

An appeal to CAS is absolutely not normal part of the process. It is a part of an appeal process that flies in the face of FIFA the governing body. CAS is there to adjudicate on things like this, but it is my no means normal. FIFA’s decision to most clubs is final.



So in your wisdom tell the world why city are going to CAS if fifa decision is final :lol: ? As For my post you obviously read it but didn't inwardly digest it bit like other posts I put up....
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 20960
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby Man of Harlech » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:15 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:
Deano1 wrote:The final say on whether we have to pay is not FIFA's, it's the Court of Arbitration for Sport's


Yes it is.

This is an optional appeal to a court outside of football. In football terms, FIFA had the final say.


If CAS say Cardiff do not have to pay that is the final matter and FIFA will not contest it.



That is CAS function to be final arbitrator in disputes! But this story is old news there is nothing on fifa website beyond original decision 2nd Oct or on news outlets!! Didn't make sense fifa saying clubs can appeal then say still pay as we'll ignore CAS ? :roll:


It's the same with any legal process.

You can Appeal to a higher court as long as there are grounds and that you haven't exhausted all the tiers of appeal.

Perfectly normal for FIFA to make a "judgment" but for that then to be appealed.

It's not just about the clubs. If there are insurance companies involved then they won't pay up until the legal channels/challenges have been exhausted.



Phil
think most average person knows this but some seem to make an argument against the club for not paying! CAS in sport terms is end of line for appeals so expect city to abide by its decision, but that certainly is not end matter as you say theres insurance companies to consider plus accountability for the deaths by someone.... as I've said this is the same story from before probably to generate more posts on it which tbh is not very helpful to anyone.. :old:


Some people jump on any excuse to have a go at the management of the club, and they all appear to know how to run a business better than a self made billionaire who has built up successful businesses across the globe. I understand why supporters of other clubs do this but not our own fans, none of whom really know the facts or who is setting the agenda. It is reasonable to assume that insurance companies/underwriters etc may be having a significant influence here.
Man of Harlech
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:17 pm

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:21 pm

Man of Harlech wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:
Deano1 wrote:The final say on whether we have to pay is not FIFA's, it's the Court of Arbitration for Sport's


Yes it is.

This is an optional appeal to a court outside of football. In football terms, FIFA had the final say.


If CAS say Cardiff do not have to pay that is the final matter and FIFA will not contest it.



That is CAS function to be final arbitrator in disputes! But this story is old news there is nothing on fifa website beyond original decision 2nd Oct or on news outlets!! Didn't make sense fifa saying clubs can appeal then say still pay as we'll ignore CAS ? :roll:


It's the same with any legal process.

You can Appeal to a higher court as long as there are grounds and that you haven't exhausted all the tiers of appeal.

Perfectly normal for FIFA to make a "judgment" but for that then to be appealed.

It's not just about the clubs. If there are insurance companies involved then they won't pay up until the legal channels/challenges have been exhausted.



Phil
think most average person knows this but some seem to make an argument against the club for not paying! CAS in sport terms is end of line for appeals so expect city to abide by its decision, but that certainly is not end matter as you say theres insurance companies to consider plus accountability for the deaths by someone.... as I've said this is the same story from before probably to generate more posts on it which tbh is not very helpful to anyone.. :old:


Some people jump on any excuse to have a go at the management of the club, and they all appear to know how to run a business better than a self made billionaire who has built up successful businesses across the globe. I understand why supporters of other clubs do this but not our own fans, none of whom really know the facts or who is setting the agenda. It is reasonable to assume that insurance companies/underwriters etc may be having a significant influence here.



Of course they will after CAS as made ruling ? Ok we are contributing to this post but it is from official notice fifa put out awhile ago, it is not new and really should not have been put up it doesn't serve any purpose debate wise as we've heared every opinion on this good and bad when original post was put up. :thumbup:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 20960
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby Sven » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:48 pm

The 'official' notification was received by both clubs on Monday, so very current and very relevant

City now have a decision to make and that is for them to decide under the legal guidance they will undoubtedly receive by proper experts rather than those on this Forum

The 'Barrack Room Lawyers' on here will guesstimate as usual but there is still some mileage to go in this saga and no one I've seen post has an answer that can be deemed 'accurate' because we simply do not know what City (nee Vincent Tan) has in mind to do next

What we do know is that he isn't a 'Happy Chappy' right now and not just with FIFA, so watch this space
"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their gutter level and beat you with experience!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 17939
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:57 pm

Sven wrote:The 'official' notification was received by both clubs on Monday, so very current and very relevant

City now have a decision to make and that is for them to decide under the legal guidance they will undoubtedly receive by proper experts rather than those on this Forum

The 'Barrack Room Lawyers' on here will guesstimate as usual but there is still some mileage to go in this saga and no one I've seen post has an answer that can be deemed 'accurate' because we simply do not know what City (nee Vincent Tan) has in mind to do next

What we do know is that he isn't a 'Happy Chappy' right now and not just with FIFA, so watch this space



Sven where have you seen this theres nothing on fifa site or on any news site this week? Or is it so private only clubs were told but it was leaked here? Only asking as strange nothing anywhere but here? And doesnt answer why have city got to pay when there is an appeal going on Normally things are suspended until after an appeal is finished?
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 20960
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby Sven » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:16 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:The 'official' notification was received by both clubs on Monday, so very current and very relevant

City now have a decision to make and that is for them to decide under the legal guidance they will undoubtedly receive by proper experts rather than those on this Forum

The 'Barrack Room Lawyers' on here will guesstimate as usual but there is still some mileage to go in this saga and no one I've seen post has an answer that can be deemed 'accurate' because we simply do not know what City (nee Vincent Tan) has in mind to do next

What we do know is that he isn't a 'Happy Chappy' right now and not just with FIFA, so watch this space



Sven where have you seen this theres nothing on fifa site or on any news site this week? Or is it so private only clubs were told but it was leaked here? Only asking as strange nothing anywhere but here? And doesnt answer why have city got to pay when there is an appeal going on Normally things are suspended until after an appeal is finished?


Allan, on your first point there was a report in one of the newspapers dated Tuesday 15th October that stated that the letters had been sent out and received by both clubs on Monday. This would be in line with standard practices where the decision of any Committee (FIFA or otherwise) is announced and followed upon 'in due course' with letter outlining said decision and the reasons for it

As for your second point, have Cardiff City lodged an appeal? Not so far as I have seen; which would be reason in itself why the adjudicated payment has not ben suspended (if it will be at all)

I can't comment on why other papers have not reported on it but I saw the one article, thought it of interest to members of this Forum and put it out there
"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their gutter level and beat you with experience!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 17939
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:23 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:The 'official' notification was received by both clubs on Monday, so very current and very relevant

City now have a decision to make and that is for them to decide under the legal guidance they will undoubtedly receive by proper experts rather than those on this Forum

The 'Barrack Room Lawyers' on here will guesstimate as usual but there is still some mileage to go in this saga and no one I've seen post has an answer that can be deemed 'accurate' because we simply do not know what City (nee Vincent Tan) has in mind to do next

What we do know is that he isn't a 'Happy Chappy' right now and not just with FIFA, so watch this space



Sven where have you seen this theres nothing on fifa site or on any news site this week? Or is it so private only clubs were told but it was leaked here? Only asking as strange nothing anywhere but here? And doesnt answer why have city got to pay when there is an appeal going on Normally things are suspended until after an appeal is finished?


Allan, on your first point there was a report in one of the newspapers dated Tuesday 15th October that stated that the letters had been sent out and received by both clubs on Monday. This would be in line with standard practices where the decision of any Committee (FIFA or otherwise) is announced and followed upon 'in due course' with letter outlining said decision and the reasons for it

As for your second point, have Cardiff City lodged an appeal? Not so far as I have seen; which would be reason in itself why the adjudicated payment has not ben suspended (if it will be at all)

I can't comment on why other papers have not reported on it but I saw the one article, thought it of interest to members of this Forum and put it out there




Understand just questioned it as looked on fifa site bugger all from 2nd Oct ... I'm sure city are appealing to CAS but logic says they haven't done so yet otherwise fifa wouldn't say got to pay as planned! If city pay it's not end of saga unfortunately but hopefully end for ameliano and family. :thumbup:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 20960
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby Sven » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:36 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:The 'official' notification was received by both clubs on Monday, so very current and very relevant

City now have a decision to make and that is for them to decide under the legal guidance they will undoubtedly receive by proper experts rather than those on this Forum

The 'Barrack Room Lawyers' on here will guesstimate as usual but there is still some mileage to go in this saga and no one I've seen post has an answer that can be deemed 'accurate' because we simply do not know what City (nee Vincent Tan) has in mind to do next

What we do know is that he isn't a 'Happy Chappy' right now and not just with FIFA, so watch this space



Sven where have you seen this theres nothing on fifa site or on any news site this week? Or is it so private only clubs were told but it was leaked here? Only asking as strange nothing anywhere but here? And doesnt answer why have city got to pay when there is an appeal going on Normally things are suspended until after an appeal is finished?


Allan, on your first point there was a report in one of the newspapers dated Tuesday 15th October that stated that the letters had been sent out and received by both clubs on Monday. This would be in line with standard practices where the decision of any Committee (FIFA or otherwise) is announced and followed upon 'in due course' with letter outlining said decision and the reasons for it

As for your second point, have Cardiff City lodged an appeal? Not so far as I have seen; which would be reason in itself why the adjudicated payment has not ben suspended (if it will be at all)

I can't comment on why other papers have not reported on it but I saw the one article, thought it of interest to members of this Forum and put it out there




Understand just questioned it as looked on fifa site bugger all from 2nd Oct ... I'm sure city are appealing to CAS but logic says they haven't done so yet otherwise fifa wouldn't say got to pay as planned! If city pay it's not end of saga unfortunately but hopefully end for ameliano and family. :thumbup:


Allan, I'm with you on that (closure ASAP for the Sala family) :thumbright: :ayatollah:
"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their gutter level and beat you with experience!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 17939
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:44 pm

We should pay it all.

FIFA must have seen all the documents and the right thing to do is to pay up.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match, and your Player of the Month every month during the season :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 13518
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:30 am

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:52 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:We should pay it all.

FIFA must have seen all the documents and the right thing to do is to pay up.



Up to point agree but cannot help feeling fifa just wanted to make the obvious decision as governing body as they needed to do something but judging by their procrastination generally over things think they want to leave it upto CAS to make final decision as it's not black and white as people make out regarding contract?
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 20960
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby welsh-dragon-days » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:23 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:How would you or anybody else here know if there was insurance. Stop guessing and setting an agenda here or better still, feck off to planet swamp with the rest of the turds there :occasion5:


Because you cannot insure something you don’t own and Cardiff are saying they never owned him.

Had he been insured then they would just allow the cover to take care of it, the fact they are fighting this all the way clearly suggests no insurance was taken.

I have been 100% right on this and no doubt will be proven so again.
User avatar
welsh-dragon-days
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:19 am

Re: FIFA GIVE 'OFFICIAL' NOTICE TO CITY TO PAY €6m INSTALMEN

Postby welsh-dragon-days » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:27 pm

pembroke allan wrote:So in your wisdom tell the world why city are going to CAS if fifa decision is final :lol: ? As For my post you obviously read it but didn't inwardly digest it bit like other posts I put up....


Because they are refusing the final decision and looking elsewhere.

CAS are an external body. As far as football is concerned, FIFA have delivered their final ruling and have said you must pay. If you do not they can impose sanctions as a result of failure to act in their judgement.

If CAS overturn it, which they won’t, then sanctions can be lifted - but you can/will face punishment from FIFA prior to the result of the CAS decision because they are not a footballing body.
User avatar
welsh-dragon-days
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:19 am

Next


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Foghorn65, Frosty_Blue, Google [Bot], Jock, lincoln blue, Majestic-12 [Bot], Norris ninian, papa, Pembroke bluebird, skidemin, TopCat CCFC and 252 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.