Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING NEIL WARNOCK: ‘ UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS ‘

Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:08 am

:bluebird: ‘ NEIL WARNOCK WILL UPDATE CARDIFF CITY FANS TODAY ‘ :bluebird:

Thursday 17th October 2019

NEIL WARNOCK:

Squad update

“They’re not all back, there’s a couple missing at the moment. We did have an option to play it on Sunday, looking back, so it’s probably as much my fault as anything,” he said.

“The lads had games had games Monday and Tuesday, so it’s not been possible.

“(Neil) Etheridge and Junior Hoilett are not back.

“We will have a look today, hopefully we can get them back. We are training a little bit later today to give them a chance.

“They all had good results though. It’s been a good week for them.”

Potential front two of Ward and Glatzel?

“Yes. You have to think about all sorts of issues and we have got three tough games in a week now,” responded the Yorkshireman.

Neil Warnock on Monk

“I’ve always got on well with Garry. From our first battles I’ve always kept in touch with him. He’s had a number of clubs and different experiences. That’s what you do as a manager,” said Warnock.

:bluescarf: ‘ READ ALL NEIL WARNOCKS UPDATES BELOW ‘ :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK:

Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:09 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

Etheridge update

“It’s just how it is. We are very fortunate to have three good keepers Neil has been desperate for a game and it couldn’t have worked out better,” said Warnock.

“I’ve had that decision for a few weeks. I still think Sol needs a game somewhere. He’s busting a gut to get back involved. There’s a few pushing for a recall.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:09 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

The latest on Sol Bamba

“He’s telling me he’s ready,” said Warnock.

“We thought he was ready a couple of weeks ago but we understood the medical department.

“They originally said it would be the first week of November, behind closed doors. He’s such an important injury, at his age it would be career-threatening if he had another injury.“

Neil Warnock

Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:10 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

Big week

“One at a time. But you’ve got to say, with all the travelling involved, up to London, it’s probably the toughest week we will have all season,” said the boss.

“So I’ll have to use the squad. It’s a big week and we’ll have to use the squad over the next three games.”

Neil Warnock

Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:14 am

Championship Table:

Neil Warnock on the Championship table

“We can get a lot better. I’ve been reasonably happy apart from the elementary mistakes. Five games before the next break are difficult games, it’ll stand us in good stead,” he added.

“I’ve been quite happy with a lot of aspects though.

“I’ll give a good assessment after the next five games.”

Neil Warnock

Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:15 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

Warnock on facing Sheffield Wednesday and his Sheffield United ties

“Possibly it brings something extra for me. It’s always nice to play Wednesday, my sister is a Wednesdayite,” said Warnock

“It is special. They’ve got a decent team and had a good start. Kadeem (Harris) coming back as well.”

Neil Warnock

Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:17 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

Neil Warnock on Kadeem Harris' return to Cardiff City

“He’s given them directness, pace and power. He’s got every attribute. I can’t praise him high enough,” he said.

“We had a chat last year, around Christmas time and he trained like a trojan. We have been blessed with good wide players and he just couldn’t get a long run. He needed a run of games and when we spoke about his contract at the end of the season, his father represented him, and the sort of money they were talking about, he had to be a regular in my team. And I didn’t feel I could 100% assure him of that.

“I think it was mutual. What we could offer him, he could get a lot more elsewhere and he could play. So there’s no real issue to me and I said good luck to you.”

Neil Warnock

Ex Cardiff City player Kadeem Harris

Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:18 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

Neil Warnock on Cardiff City's upcoming block of Championship fixtures

“We want to win every game. It’s how the league is. You haven’t got to worry too much. Our first 18, 19 games, the toughest part is the first part,” he said.

“It’s a far tougher first half of the programme. Keeping in touch up until Christmas, because I think we can put a run together in the second half of the season.

“I think we will get better as the season goes on.”

Neil Warnock

Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:22 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

Warnock on the difference in Cardiff's home form and away form

“I don’t think we are far away from doing well away from home. It’s one of those things. We’ve been punished and rightly so. We’ve been our own worst enemy at times,” added the manager.

“The second goal at West Brom, I was quite confident if we had gone in 1-0. If you give a goal away like that, an amateur goal, a Sunday League goal, it puts us on the back foot. We have to stop doing things like that.

“But our home form, I just love the fans, they are unbelievable. That’s one of the reasons, if not the reason we have done well at home.

“At any stage in the game, if we’re not playing well, they’ve always got behind us. And that’s the sign of a good group of fans. Not just when you’re doing well, but when you’re not doing well.

“As a manager, I’m really proud of them getting behind the lads.”

Neil Warnock

Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:22 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

Potential front two of Ward and Glatzel?

“Yes. You have to think about all sorts of issues and we have got three tough games in a week now,” responded the Yorkshireman.

Neil Warnock

Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:23 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

Warnock on the difference in Cardiff's home form and away form

“I don’t think we are far away from doing well away from home. It’s one of those things. We’ve been punished and rightly so. We’ve been our own worst enemy at times,” added the manager.

“The second goal at West Brom, I was quite confident if we had gone in 1-0. If you give a goal away like that, an amateur goal, a Sunday League goal, it puts us on the back foot. We have to stop doing things like that.

“But our home form, I just love the fans, they are unbelievable. That’s one of the reasons, if not the reason we have done well at home.

“At any stage in the game, if we’re not playing well, they’ve always got behind us. And that’s the sign of a good group of fans. Not just when you’re doing well, but when you’re not doing well.

“As a manager, I’m really proud of them getting behind the lads.”

Neil Warnock

Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:33 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

Squad update

“They’re not all back, there’s a couple missing at the moment. We did have an option to play it on Sunday, looking back, so it’s probably as much my fault as anything,” he said.

“The lads had games had games Monday and Tuesday, so it’s not been possible.

“(Neil) Etheridge and Junior Hoilett are not back.

“We will have a look today, hopefully we can get them back. We are training a little bit later today to give them a chance.

“They all had good results though. It’s been a good week for them.”

Re: BREAKING NEIL WARNOCK:

Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:44 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

Warnock on the fitness of Joe Ralls

“Joe is training with us, unless he has a reaction. He has had two good days now, so he should come into contention. I’ve not heard anything untoward so no news is good news,” he said.

“He had a thigh, groin type of injury. Inside his leg. He played with it for a couple of games, but it just got too sore.”

Neil Warnock

Re: BREAKING NEIL WARNOCK:

Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:58 am

Neil Warnock on Cardiff City's 'toughest week of the season' and the international stars who are struggling for Sheffield Wednesday clash

Thursday 17th October 2019

The Bluebirds have three difficult games in the space of 10 days

Neil Warnock believes he is preparing his Cardiff City side for what will be the "toughest week of their season".

The Bluebirds welcome Sheffield Wednesday to Cardiff City Stadium on Friday night, before facing Millwall and south Wales rivals Swansea City next week.

That 10-day period could have a big bearing on how the team moves forward for the rest of the season and Warnock believes his side will face few more difficult spells over the course of the season.

"You've got to say, with all the travelling involved up to London as well, it will probably be the toughest week we will have this season," the Bluebirds boss said.

"I will have to look at using the squad. Usually I just work on one game at a time, but this is a big week and I think we will have to use the squad over the next three games."

Warnock might well be forced into a couple of rotations, with the manager revealing a couple of key stars are yet to return from the international break.

Ahead of the international break, the Bluebirds boss was furious at the TV schedulers for once again allocating them the Friday night slot, but held his hands up to say he had the option to play the game on Sunday and afford his returning stars two extra days of rest.

But he thought the players would be back from international break on Wednesday, having played on Monday and Tuesday, but said that had not been possible, which could well factor into his selections for the clash against Wednesday.

"They're not all back, there's a couple missing at the minute," he said on Friday morning.

"Neil Etheridge and Junior Hoilett are not back yet. Hopefully we can get them back, we will have a look today, we are training a little later to see if we can get them back for training today."

Warnock revealed that Joe Ralls' thigh injury appears to have subsided, meaning he will be available for selection against the Owls, but Sol Bamba is likely not to be considered.

The manager is cautious of throwing Bamba straight back into the first team given his age, 34, and the severity of the knee injury he sustained back in March.

He will likely have to play in an under-23s game, which they are trying to arrange, before he is in contention for first-team selection.

Re: BREAKING NEIL WARNOCK: ‘ UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS ‘

Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:35 am

Warnock revealed he will have to make a late call on goalkeeper Neil Etheridge and winger Junior Hoilett with the pair having arrived back only yesterday following their stints away with the Philippines and and Canada respectively.

Sol Bamba is still not in contention, either, with Warnock wanting him to have an under-23s game under his belt before he is considered for first-team action. Isaac Vassell is also still out with his torn quad.

Joe Ralls, who missed the last two games before the international break, has recovered from his thigh issue and will be considered for selection.

The manager also said he had considered the option of playing both Robert Glatzel and Danny Ward up front together, with the latter having bagged three goals in his last two outings.