' The conversation Neil Warnock had with Kadeem Harris '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:55 pm

The conversation Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock had with Kadeem Harris and his dad and how it led to Sheffield Wednesday transfer

Friday 18th October 2019

The former Bluebirds winger has started the season in tremendous form for the Owls

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock has disclosed the frank conversation he held with Kadeem Harris and his father and how it led to his transfer to Sheffield Wednesday.

Harris has been a revelation at Wednesday this season. He has started every game for Garry Monk's side, scoring twice and providing an assist, and has been one of their most consistent performers.

It is what Bluebirds fans were crying out for from him during his seven-year stay in the Welsh capital, however glimpses of his quality were not seen regularly enough.

“He’s given them directness, pace and power," Warnock said of Harris ahead of City's Friday night clash with Sheffield Wednesday. "He’s got every attribute. I can’t praise him highly enough.”

Some Cardiff fans bemoaned the decision to allow him to leave for Sheffield on a free transfer this summer, but Warnock has revealed how events transpired towards the end of last season.

The discussions were difficult and negotiations were nuanced — Warnock has previously admitted he would have loved to have kept him — however all parties felt it best if the winger cut ties to seek regular game time elsewhere.

Kadeem Harris of Sheffield Wednesday applauds fans (Image: Ben Early/Getty Images)
“We had a chat last year, around Christmas time, and he trained like a Trojan," Warnock added. "We have been blessed with good wide players and he just couldn’t get a long run.

"He needed a run of games and when we spoke about his contract at the end of the season, his father represented him, and the sort of money they were talking about, he had to be a regular in my team. And I didn’t feel I could 100 percent assure him of that.

“I think it was mutual.

"What we could offer him, he could get a lot more elsewhere and he could play. So there’s no real issue to me and I said 'good luck to you'.”

The manager will hope, however, Harris' luck isn't in when he returns to what is sure to be a rocking Cardiff City Stadium under the Friday night lights.
Attachments
0_JS110014503.jpg
0_JS110014503.jpg (66.5 KiB) Viewed 2218 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' The conversation Neil Warnock had with Kadeem Harris '

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:56 pm

Now turn and have a chat to Madine ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:15 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Now turn and have a chat to Madine ;)

Sir Neil seems able to dish out out praise when player has left or so far away from first team it doesnt matter. Less good at picking up a striker who is anywhere near good enough.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby moonboots » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:16 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Now turn and have a chat to Madine ;)

Ha ha :thumbup:
moonboots

Return to General Chat