Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Glatzel

Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:38 pm

Glatzel is the new scapegoat then. :roll:

Glatzel couldn't get into any dangerous positions to score tonight because he didn't have any decent service. His header from around 15 yards out was his only effort, but that wasn't even a half chance.

When Glatzel receives the ball to feet, he's very good, he uses the ball well, he links the play well, he is an intelligent player with a good footballing brain. He needs Tomlin and other players with a similar wavelength around him.

I can't fault Glatzel's work rate. The majority of the time he had the ball tonight, he was isolated with several opponents around him. I thought he did very well to keep possession and win free kicks, which lets face it, was the only thing he could achieve tonight with how outnumbered he was every time he had the ball.

I'm disappointed people are choosing to slate Glatzel, as the problem was clearly how the rest of the team played behind him tonight. There were no quality forward passes until Tomlin came on and no dangerous crosses were put in until Whyte came on. Hopefully, both Tomlin and Whyte will start at Millwall and Glatzel will get a chance to show us what he can do.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:11 am

We've bought another youtube wonder! Scored 3 against Bayern Munich so he must be good! He's Zohore in disguise! £5m wasted!

Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:29 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Glatzel is the new scapegoat then. :roll:

Glatzel couldn't get into any dangerous positions to score tonight because he didn't have any decent service. His header from around 15 yards out was his only effort, but that wasn't even a half chance.

When Glatzel receives the ball to feet, he's very good, he uses the ball well, he links the play well, he is an intelligent player with a good footballing brain. He needs Tomlin and other players with a similar wavelength around him.

I can't fault Glatzel's work rate. The majority of the time he had the ball tonight, he was isolated with several opponents around him. I thought he did very well to keep possession and win free kicks, which lets face it, was the only thing he could achieve tonight with how outnumbered he was every time he had the ball.

I'm disappointed people are choosing to slate Glatzel, as the problem was clearly how the rest of the team played behind him tonight. There were no quality forward passes until Tomlin came on and no dangerous crosses were put in until Whyte came on. Hopefully, both Tomlin and Whyte will start at Millwall and Glatzel will get a chance to show us what he can do.

I didnt see any of that tonight, all i could see was a player out of his depth both technically and physically.

He has a great work ethic and obviously is talented but hes not ready at this level to be the lone striker . Warnock should have bought him through slower instead of dumping him in at the deep end because he is drowning against better quality players in Britain.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:46 am

In Warnockball side I think Paterson is likely more of a nuisance. You ask two centre half's who theyd rather play against Glatzel or Paterson and reality is most wouldn't be too troubled by either but Paterson more of a handful.
We are likely not to have seen best of Glatzel but unless style and service changes we're not going to. He's really not very good on the air and as that is the primary delivery to him it's an issue.
Madine must be shite in training.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:53 am

Glatzel is wasted at the moment. Service to him is nonexistent.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:18 am

Drop Glatzel, be sensitive, tell him he's amazing but needs a rest and a few gym sessions.
Replace with Patterson or Ward, we won't look back.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:31 am

He's an average player at best. Not good enough to be leading our attack. Ward is a far better option, hes about a foot shorter and wins more in the air.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:42 am

nubbsy wrote:He's an average player at best. Not good enough to be leading our attack. Ward is a far better option, hes about a foot shorter and wins more in the air.

Nubbsy that's great he can win more in the air but then what? Glatzel wins balls in air but both players will see same result "nothing" as no one supports them! Ward played 70mins last night and didn't have a sniff of goal and tbh it wont be any different if he played upfront on his own to glatzel unless Tomlin played especially at home.... yes glatzel maybe average but with service he gets hes never going to show what he's capable of and with same type of service ward will be same undoubtedly. :thumbup:

Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:57 am

pembroke allan wrote:
nubbsy wrote:He's an average player at best. Not good enough to be leading our attack. Ward is a far better option, hes about a foot shorter and wins more in the air.

Nubbsy that's great he can win more in the air but then what? Glatzel wins balls in air but both players will see same result "nothing" as no one supports them! Ward played 70mins last night and didn't have a sniff of goal and tbh it wont be any different if he played upfront on his own to glatzel unless Tomlin played especially at home.... yes glatzel maybe average but with service he gets hes never going to show what he's capable of and with same type of service ward will be same undoubtedly. :thumbup:

I do agree alan, our set up isn't kind on strikers and we need tomlin in there. But what I've seen of him as a player doesn't impress me.