Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MY VIEW: A MATCH PLAYED IN HORRENDOUS CONDITIONS/ WHER

Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:21 pm

Monk helped City by taking off Bannen for a lump of flesh. Tomlin had a lot of room he wouldn’t have had had Bannen still been on the park.
Still no excuse for Warnock again not playing him, if not from the start then at least from half time.

Warnock won’t play him the jerks. He’ll say it’s not his type of game.

Tomlins the only footballer we’ve got and he’s criminally underused.

Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:22 pm

Three or Four players are creating panic and uncertainty within the side due to a lack of composure.
There are times when Row Z is essential but it is default mode with the back four, who spoil it for the mid and front players. And us.

Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:23 pm

snoopystorm wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Thought we played aweful for 70 minutes but Sheffield Wednesday for all there olay didnt really trouble us in the final 3rd, last 20 minutes we could have scored a few think 1-1 probably fair result on the chances , Wednesday looked like they wanted it more for 70 min

Monk said in his post match interview that his players should have played the last half hour the same way they played the 1st 60 and reckoned it was a fair result based on the game play. Can’t argue with that, we were lucky plain and simple

Were we lucky? They didn't have lot more possession than us 48/52 % they only had 1 shot on target 2nd half and they hardly looked like scoring compared to our last 20mins where we should have won if Murphy had not ballsed up simple chance by getting his legs in a twist? Match stats equal so draw a fair result.... but will say wasn't a free kick and city player offside and interfering with goalkeeper only people who didnt agree were ref & lino :laughing6:

Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:29 pm

Morrison should never have conceded the corner from which they scored their goal. Total miskick when it should easily have been kicked out for a throw.

Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:38 pm

moonboots wrote:Morrison should never have conceded the corner from which they scored their goal. Total miskick when it should easily have been kicked out for a throw.

Dont you find thats when goals are scored from corners after a mistake leads to it in 1st place?

Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:57 am

Have to say some are being a little harsh on Glatzel and we have to look to the manager to apportion some blame, as I'm sure that if we had players who could pass/thread the ball into him at ground level, we would be seeing a completely different outcome, i.e. Glatzel scoring goals

For me, it's pretty clear that pumping the ball up to the centre forward against some pretty big units does not work with this current squad and the final 20 minutes (where we might have won the game on another night) sort of proved the point

Time for a change of emphasis?

Maybe with two tough games coming up, the manager might be prepared to play the finishing starting line-up (including Ward off Glatzel) and see what happens when/if we get off on the front foot

Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:39 am

Bluebeans wrote:Murphy was terrible again? Just doesn’t give 100% at all, and to predictable

He was good in last 15 minutes. No coincidence his improvement was when Tomlin was on the pitch.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:22 am

Sven wrote:Have to say some are being a little harsh on Glatzel and we have to look to the manager to apportion some blame, as I'm sure that if we had players who could pass/thread the ball into him at ground level, we would be seeing a completely different outcome, i.e. Glatzel scoring goals

For me, it's pretty clear that pumping the ball up to the centre forward against some pretty big units does not work with this current squad and the final 20 minutes (where we might have won the game on another night) sort of proved the point

Maybe with two tough games coming up, the manager might be prepared to play the finishing starting line-up (including Ward off Glatzel) and see what happens when/if we get off on the front foot

I think a big change is needed Sven. Flint and Morrison don't work for me, Bamba can't come back soon enough.

I think Neil has made some mistakes this summer but if we can stay 'in touch' with the leading pack (say within 6 points of the Play Offs come January hopefully we can get some quality in and a few loan's and push on for a good end to the season.

Bacuna went from zero to hero on here but for me he isn't the quality we need to mount a challenge, he needs moving on, two more quality players in midfield and we won't be far off play offs IMO.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:29 am

RV Casual wrote:
Sven wrote:Have to say some are being a little harsh on Glatzel and we have to look to the manager to apportion some blame, as I'm sure that if we had players who could pass/thread the ball into him at ground level, we would be seeing a completely different outcome, i.e. Glatzel scoring goals

I think a big change is needed Sven. Flint and Morrison don't work for me, Bamba can't come back soon enough.

I think Neil has made some mistakes this summer but if we can stay 'in touch' with the leading pack (say within 6 points of the Play Offs come January hopefully we can get some quality in and a few loan's and push on for a good end to the season.

Bacuna went from zero to hero on here but for me he isn't the quality we need to mount a challenge, he needs moving on, two more quality players in midfield and we won't be far off play offs IMO.

I said on another post the Bamba needs to be brought back in soon, Flint and Mozza are too similar in their style of play and don’t work well together, think Bacuna got the bum deal last night, Ralls should have been taken off, as for being moved on in the summer I think both him and Ralls need to be moved on, Ralls showed last night how poor he actually is, can’t deny he’s got us some much needed and top notch goals but he wastes the play far too much. Glatzel should have settled by now and is showing he can’t cope in this squad/league with our style of play.

We need new players in all positions who want to play and win and not be happy to pick up a pay check. Think we also need to start the hunt for a new manager and bring him in to work along side NW and the board and start to have an influence on things

Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:12 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.