Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ralls should have come off, not Bacuna

Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:08 pm

I think Ralls looked off today even before Bacuna came off. Bacuna made a few loose passes but Ralls Defending is like watching somebody play touch football where he avoids getting too close to someone, which is why he gets ran past so easily. Pack carried him today and I feel bad for Bacuna, though I agree Bacuna did make some questionable loose passes, but come on he was not at fault, he offered more than Ralls did this game IMO. Don’t even want to comment at Ralls’ Set pieces, he shouldn’t be on them.

Re: Ralls should have come off, not Bacuna

Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:33 pm

Both need replacing in the midfield in January
Although both are decent championship players neither are good enough for a promotion chasing team, especially playing together

Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:58 pm

I've got to hand it to Ralls.

I'm struggling to remember a worse free kick than that "effort" in the second half. I sit in row Z of the Canton and the ball almost reached us.

Good job Tomlin was on hand to show him how it's done properly.

God knows what who would have taken a penalty if we had managed to win one.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:13 am

Agree bacuna for me was the better of the 3 centre mids at the time

Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:02 am

boyo1927 wrote:Agree bacuna for me was the better of the 3 centre mids at the time

Looked injured to me, given that he went straight down the tunnel? :?

Mind you, he managed a hefty kick at something as he did so!

Frustration or anger? :?

Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:09 am

Both are utter dog shite and need replacing, but do you trust Warnock to bring in better players. I don't. I think he has ran his course now.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:48 am

CF14 Blue wrote:Both are utter dog shite and need replacing, but do you trust Warnock to bring in better players. I don't. I think he has ran his course now.

Aye, and a run of there wins on the trot and you (and others) will be singing his name again and asking fr the Warnock fist-pump! ;)

Lost it? :roll:

Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:37 am

Both were equally inept. Sir Neil has the returning from the other side of the world for a Friday night game card to play having taken off Bacuna. Reality is that as a pair they are no where near good enough for top half of chamionship. I'm yet to see much more in Pack but hope to be proved wrong.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:34 am

Doesn’t matter who’s in midfield.. Flint, Morriston and Peltier hoof it up aimlessly to Glatzel, Murphy and Laing. Those three and the midfield should be bollocking the back four.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:14 am

Just my opinion but Bacuna is awful. I'm willing him on but, it Takes all his effort to complete a 10 yard square pass. He's also far too slow sniffing out danger in a defensive role.
Maybe he can keep improving and suprise me

Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:54 am

LeonSDC wrote:I think Ralls looked off today even before Bacuna came off. Bacuna made a few loose passes but Ralls Defending is like watching somebody play touch football where he avoids getting too close to someone, which is why he gets ran past so easily. Pack carried him today and I feel bad for Bacuna, though I agree Bacuna did make some questionable loose passes, but come on he was not at fault, he offered more than Ralls did this game IMO. Don’t even want to comment at Ralls’ Set pieces, he shouldn’t be on them.

Think it was more to do with Bacuna legs after internationals as well. Probably knew if he kept him on there then would of struggled to get 90mins from him

Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:12 am

Sven wrote:
CF14 Blue wrote:Both are utter dog shite and need replacing, but do you trust Warnock to bring in better players. I don't. I think he has ran his course now.

Aye, and a run of there wins on the trot and you (and others) will be singing his name again and asking fr the Warnock fist-pump! ;)

Lost it? :roll:

Can you see a run of wins coming? I can't. :?

Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:39 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Doesn’t matter who’s in midfield.. Flint, Morriston and Peltier hoof it up aimlessly to Glatzel, Murphy and Laing. Those three and the midfield should be bollocking the back four.

Playing to managers instructions don't forget.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:40 pm

ElyBoy1984 wrote:Just my opinion but Bacuna is awful. I'm willing him on but, it Takes all his effort to complete a 10 yard square pass. He's also far too slow sniffing out danger in a defensive role.
Maybe he can keep improving and suprise me

I agree. He has got ever so slightly better but thats from a low base as he shocking to begin with