Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

End of Warnockball ?

Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:48 pm

Natives getting restless, shocking to watch and no way that is anything but a mid table team.

The players can play better than they are allowed

Glatzel may eventually be a player but no way can he play in this Warnock team.

Not sure what the answer is, he has achieved so much for us,

Re: End of Warnockball ?

Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:53 pm

Very sad as he has achieved so much in his tenure but we need new ideas.
To see proffesional players just lob it into the box was painfull to watch.

Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:22 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Natives getting restless, shocking to watch and no way that is anything but a mid table team.

The players can play better than they are allowed

Glatzel may eventually be a player but no way can he play in this Warnock team.

Not sure what the answer is, he has achieved so much for us,

it was as poor as we have seen but conditions were very poor too..
as for glatzel, not at this level.

Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:36 pm

Very frustrating watching it but why are we unbeaten at home? And would we be if played game like most of our opponents do? For all the possession teams have they've failed to beat us at home? And it's not luck every game is it! .. :old:

Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:19 am

pembroke allan wrote:Very frustrating watching it but why are we unbeaten at home? And would we be if played game like most of our opponents do? For all the possession teams have they've failed to beat us at home? And it's not luck every game is it! .. :old:

Yes but an unbeaten home side getting draws 18 out of 23 is hardly anything more than mid table esp when can't win away either

Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:58 am

The football is terrible to watch, i think the sooner this season is over the better,

Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:25 am

The football has mostly been unattractive and at times terrible from day one of his appointment. Thing is it was so bad under the previous 3 managers that it’s given us supporters a tolerance of Warnockball. Face it , we were awful in the Premier League and even worse right now. One good season isn’t good enough, I’ve had enough of watching this predictable needs must football, and the players it attracts but more important , the kind of players we would love at the City, not being suited to Warnocks way. We need a complete refresh and a sea change in our playing style. I want a new man in for January window, I wouldn’t give a penny to Neil to spend. He should have retired last year. All these comments about last nights game, that performance, selection and tactics have been happening for a long time and will continue to the end of the season.it doesn’t stop me going I’ve seen worse, I’m used to this scrappy predictabilityl , so should you be.

Fact, I love my club, thick and thin, but apart from the two promotion seasons (where I can’t say I really enjoyed our playing style)I haven’t enjoyed watching us play football since the Dave Jones era. Oh for a Koumas, Bothroyd, Chopra, Bellamy in this squad, funny how I look back more fondly at that squad, yet they failed to get promotion.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:51 am

tangledupinblue wrote:The football has mostly been unattractive and at times terrible from day one of his appointment. Thing is it was so bad under the previous 3 managers that it’s given us supporters a tolerance of Warnockball. Face it , we were awful in the Premier League and even worse right now. One good season isn’t good enough, I’ve had enough of watching this predictable needs must football, and the players it attracts but more important , the kind of players we would love at the City, not being suited to Warnocks way. We need a complete refresh and a sea change in our playing style. I want a new man in for January window, I wouldn’t give a penny to Neil to spend. He should have retired last year. All these comments about last nights game, that performance, selection and tactics have been happening for a long time and will continue to the end of the season.it doesn’t stop me going I’ve seen worse, I’m used to this scrappy predictabilityl , so should you be.

Fact, I love my club, thick and thin, but apart from the two promotion seasons (where I can’t say I really enjoyed our playing style)I haven’t enjoyed watching us play football since the Dave Jones era. Oh for a Koumas, Bothroyd, Chopra, Bellamy in this squad, funny how I look back more fondly at that squad, yet they failed to get promotion.

I don't disagree with a lot of that mate other than the bit about being awfull last season, I thought we were decent at times with the tools we had and for the majority of games it felt like the players were putting a shift in and trying their best.

I think he should have gone at the end of the season if I'm honest though, last night was abysmal, the first 25 minutes was as bad as anything iv seen in watching us for the last 25 plus years and I don't think that's even an exaggeration.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:58 am

The football has mostly been unattractive and at times terrible from day one of his appointment. Thing is it was so bad under the previous 3 managers that it’s given us supporters a tolerance of Warnockball. Face it , we were awful in the Premier League and even worse right now. One good season isn’t good enough, I’ve had enough of watching this predictable needs must football, and the players it attracts but more important , the kind of players we would love at the City, not being suited to Warnocks way. We need a complete refresh and a sea change in our playing style. I want a new man in for January window, I wouldn’t give a penny to Neil to spend. He should have retired last year. All these comments about last nights game, that performance, selection and tactics have been happening for a long time and will continue to the end of the season.it doesn’t stop me going I’ve seen worse, I’m used to this scrappy predictabilityl , so should you be.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:58 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:The football has mostly been unattractive and at times terrible from day one of his appointment. Thing is it was so bad under the previous 3 managers that it’s given us supporters a tolerance of Warnockball. Face it , we were awful in the Premier League and even worse right now. One good season isn’t good enough, I’ve had enough of watching this predictable needs must football, and the players it attracts but more important , the kind of players we would love at the City, not being suited to Warnocks way. We need a complete refresh and a sea change in our playing style. I want a new man in for January window, I wouldn’t give a penny to Neil to spend. He should have retired last year. All these comments about last nights game, that performance, selection and tactics have been happening for a long time and will continue to the end of the season.it doesn’t stop me going I’ve seen worse, I’m used to this scrappy predictabilityl , so should you be.

My feelings in a nutshell :clap:

Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:10 pm

Nothing will change until warnock leaves. The Football is awful to watch and Tactics and team selection have Been poor. Hate that we leave it until the last 20mins before we actually have a go. Looks like this season could be a waste and a missed opportunity to build. Seems like we’ve actually gone backwards. That said we are not far off the playoffs and still a long way to go yet. The way we play though I cant see the performances or results changing drastically and I think we’ll be chasing top 6 all season. Hope I am wrong!!

Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:28 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:

My feelings in a nutshell :clap:

I agree.

Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:20 pm

We are not dull, we can see it for ourselves, all is not right in the good ship CCFC.

A poor result next Saturday will see it start getting ugly in terms of atmosphere, there were rustlings last Saturday, Tuesdays last minute draw at Millwall and today's abject display will require an instant response.