Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Canton Stand.. feel ashamed

Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:05 pm

Supported City 48 years, never heard our own fans sing!’ What the f is that ‘ towards our own player.
Hang your heads in shame

Re: Canton Stand.. feel ashamed

Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:11 pm

You obviously were not around under the Durban years, many players had similar stick, though I do agree it was uncalled for

Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:18 pm

Without the Canton Stand there would be virtually no singing or vocal support for the team at all.

Understandable if they wished to ask a perfectly valid question about what was quite frankly an embarrassing attempt by a professional footballer to hit a target 8 yards wide and 8 foot high from about 20 yards away.

I'm not sure he could have made a worse attempt if he'd actually tried to.

Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:33 pm

davids wrote:Without the Canton Stand there would be virtually no singing or vocal support for the team at all.

Understandable if they wished to ask a perfectly valid question about what was quite frankly an embarrassing attempt by a professional footballer to hit a target 8 yards wide and 8 foot high from about 20 yards away.

Well said.

Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:38 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
davids wrote:Without the Canton Stand there would be virtually no singing or vocal support for the team at all.

Well said.

He didn't get his shorts in a twist but his legs instead! Think it was Murphy? And fans complain about glatzel! :laughing6:

Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:44 pm

Fans pay good money to come and watch the team.

They are entitled to voice their opinion, whether everyone agrees with it or not.

Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:46 pm

Tonight was grim.As for booing our players some of them are on very large salaries.If you are paid these wages and cannot cross a ball or connect with either foot then go do something else.What I witnessed tonight was embarrassing period.It really does make me wonder !!!!

Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:02 pm

fred keenor wrote:You obviously were not around under the Durban years, many players had similar stick, though I do agree it was uncalled for

I was there.. but discontent was against the manger.. not the team

Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:51 am

How on earth Ralls is on free kick duty is beyond me. Doesn't say much about our strikers or wide men does it?

Do them good, and Sir Neil too, to be had a go at after something as shite as that free kick. Corners and crosses not much better.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:09 am

Bonner wrote:Supported City 48 years, never heard our own fans sing!’ What the f is that ‘ towards our own player.
Hang your heads in shame

In their defence what a shocking free kick.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:26 am

Maybe Ralls should come out and explain what it was?

Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:46 am

Where's Whittingham when you need him! Tomlin demonstrated the art of the free kick.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:00 am

rumpo kid wrote:Maybe Ralls should come out and explain what it was?

Hes obviously been watching too much rugby over the last few weeks.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:20 am

Fair play Canton Stand gave Gary Monk plenty of love tonight, heard it loud and clear on Sky Sports :hello1:

Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:08 am

For all those who think its acceptable for professional footballers to not even pass the ball properly you have never played the game.
As for the canton stand booing players, why not we all pay good money to keep these players in nice houses and drive around in top cars.
Let's be honest shall we, we have a squad of players who are taught not to pass the ball to each other but hoof it long.
Go to watch training sessions you will see it 1st hand

Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:02 am

I thought the booing of our own player - especially one as committed and talented as Joe Ralls - to be embarrassing. Supporters pay money to “support” the team, but booing isn’t a form of support. Plus, if you’re that bothered, no one’s making you go and you could always go and watch the worlds best players elsewhere, whom coincidentally also miss free kicks.

Just my opinion of course and probably won’t be a popular one, but I’ve never been one to jump on a bandwagon due to volume of opinion.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:03 am

I heard it when Joe ralls took that free kick. That free kick was poor though, it was like a rugby conversion.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:53 am

Understand the frustration but don't agree with it.

Ashamed is a bit strong though, the Canton are 99% of the time fully being the team from start to end unlike other areas of the ground.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:03 pm

Think your taking things a bit seriously. It was sang more of a joke than anything else.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:12 pm

I thought we finished strong the subs made a huge difference.
Whyte could have won it at the end.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:22 pm

The whole team should have been ashamed of themselves for that performance especially first 60 minutes. But its not a first tho its been shocking for months.

Warnock tactics are shocking two players Whyte and Tomlin should of started. Murphy is shocking.

My option is I wouldn't give Warnock another penny as his transfer dealings when he's had cash at the club have been shocking.

Change of manager around Christmas If we are not around play offs with a man who has a different approach to the game.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:07 pm

To be honest the canton sang that song but that’s what we where all thinking what the hell was that the fans had a right to sing it whether it was fun or not our fans care I back the fans on that

Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:03 pm

I'm working away and watching on telly, the Canton sound class on television. Could be why we get our share of sky games. Not sure about getting on players backs too early in general though.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:56 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Fans pay good money to come and watch the team.

They are entitled to voice their opinion, whether everyone agrees with it or not.

We all pay good money, but booing and taking the piss dont help the situation at all, dont get me wrong i got frustrated . But getting on their backs doesnt help the situation. Why not chant positive songs rather than boo or take the piss.

Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:03 pm

His set pieces were consistently s**t all game and that free kick was horrendous, got a player like Pack with ability to strike a ball and has scored free kicks in the past, Rall's hasn't