Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WE CAN GO UNBEATEN AT HOME ALL SEASON "

Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:43 pm

BBC

Neil Warnock challenged Cardiff City to go unbeaten at home in the Championship all season after their late leveller against Sheffield Wednesday on Friday.

Lee Tomlin's 87th-minute free-kick saw Cardiff draw 1-1 with Wednesday after Julian Borner diverted Kadeem Harris' first-half strike in for the Owls.

Cardiff have won four and drawn two of their six home league games in 2019-20.

"I'd like to go unbeaten all season if I'm honest, I don't think it's impossible," said Cardiff boss Warnock.

"But I'd like to win away now next week. We've got two tough away games and it's about time we won away on the law of averages.

"I think we can get better in the second half of the season, there are one or two areas we are working on and we've got players coming back in.

"I think we can be in the mix - I'm sure of it."

Cardiff, who stay 11th in the Championship, go to Millwall on Tuesday before heading to Swansea City for the first south Wales derby.

"It could be a big momentum swing with that late goal," Warnock added.

"These three games this week are tough, but they're tough for the people we're playing against.

"We've got to stick together like we did tonight. We showed a lot of resilience."

Tomlin's goal was his first for Cardiff since December 2017 and Warnock was full of praise for the attacking midfielder.

"I'm pleased for Tomlin - that's probably the best week's training I've seen him do," he said. "I thought he could make a difference and he did."

Re: " WE CAN GO UNBEATEN AT HOME ALL SEASON "

Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:49 am

You must have rocks in your head if you think we'll go unbeaten.
It's only a matter of time before some team puts a cricket score on us,we are that bad that at half time the sky commentary said that we needed about 10 different things to get back into game. It was only the part that SW sat back on their lead enabled us to get back in.
Warnock out now or div 1 football next season

Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:29 am

He's deluded.

And if Tomlin had the best weeks training he's ever had with us why is he so far down the pecking that, despite being forced to take off a CM after half an hour we were so bad, Tomlin not seen until 70th minute. Probably about time Ralls taken off set piece duty.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:02 pm

:banghead:

Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:21 pm

Great go unbeaten at home but by same token his style of play away will mean we'll go rest of season without a win away? That won't get us promoted thats for sure...:old:

Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:30 pm

We could draw every remaining game at home and not win away and we’re relegated what a stupid thing to say when our away form is so terrible

Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:43 pm

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:We could draw every remaining game at home and not win away and we’re relegated what a stupid thing to say when our away form is so terrible

Sir Neils interviews are getting worse and worse. He maybe should think before delivering what he thinks is a significant point.

Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:07 am

Well what's he supposed to say...."hopefully we will lose a few at home this season?"
I agree that the football was dire and we were very lucky to get a draw but NW has got to talk about the positives, otherwise we might as well all pack up and go home, it's his job.

Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:21 am

I think the Sky commentator was talking about ten different players..

Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:47 am

we got no hope,,there is a lot of cracks being painted over here

qpr we should of lost but somehow won
sheff wed we were poor for 70 mins and it took tomlin and whyte to come on to change anything

I heard a story Friday night that someone was working in smithies house last week and smithies told them a story that he rolled the ball out in training and Warnock went ballistic on him for not hoofing it up field.

keeping the ball brings confidence to the team

we had about 5 oppurtunities on Friday for a centre halfs to bring the ball down and play but they just head the ball back as far as they can

my main worry is when Warnock goes the new manager will be a ball palyer and we will have to completely change the whole squad!!

Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:29 am

Family stand ultra wrote:Well what's he supposed to say...."hopefully we will lose a few at home this season?"
I agree that the football was dire and we were very lucky to get a draw but NW has got to talk about the positives, otherwise we might as well all pack up and go home, it's his job.

Well the first thing he should’ve addressed is just admitting we have to sort out our away form before we talk about going unbeaten at home

Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:53 am

Means f**k all when you’re drawing and can’t win away.

Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:27 am

darty1111 wrote:we got no hope,,there is a lot of cracks being painted over here

sheff wed we were poor for 70 mins and it took tomlin and whyte to come on to change anything

I heard a story Friday night that someone was working in smithies house last week and smithies told them a story that he rolled the ball out in training and Warnock went ballistic on him for not hoofing it up field.

we had about 5 oppurtunities on Friday for a centre halfs to bring the ball down and play but they just head the ball back as far as they can

my main worry is when Warnock goes the new manager will be a ball palyer and we will have to completely change the whole squad!!

Not really it's the back that's the problem we have enough forward thinking players, they'll just need to be reconditioned to play on floor and forward not up and under and backwards! :laughing6:

Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:54 am

pembroke allan wrote:
darty1111 wrote:we got no hope,,there is a lot of cracks being painted over here

Not really it's the back that's the problem we have enough forward thinking players, they'll just need to be reconditioned to play on floor and forward not up and under and backwards! :laughing6:

I agree. We’ve actually got some decent players in the team which is why it’s so frustrating to watch at the moment. I think whoever comes in next would only have to make 2-3 solid additions to the starting 11 and we would have a decent passing team. After he’s taught the other players how to pass again of course :lol:

Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:59 am

pembroke allan wrote:

I agree. We’ve actually got some decent players in the team which is why it’s so frustrating to watch at the moment. I think whoever comes in next would only have to make 2-3 solid additions to the starting 11 and we would have a decent passing team. After he’s taught the other players how to pass again of course :lol:

Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:58 pm

so if your the manager and want players to play a certain way, no matter what that is, its ok for players to then do the opposite ?
did this workman deliberately build a wall in the wrong place , paint a wall the wrong colour.~?
you might not like our style of play but you can not knock a manager for wanting the team to play his way..ultimately its he that will succeed or fail.

Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:17 pm

It's crystal clear we play the Managers way, there is no shadow of doubt about that.

I'm not sure how many of existing squad will be fancied by a manager with a different philosophy. Afterall, not many of Sir Neils signings are ever sold. For money.

Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:46 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:It's crystal clear we play the Managers way, there is no shadow of doubt about that.

I'm not sure how many of existing squad will be fancied by a manager with a different philosophy. Afterall, not many of Sir Neils signings are ever sold. For money.

all teams generally play to the managers instructions otherwise there is no point in having a manager.
not sure about players being unfancied by a new manager...clubs not wanting to buy on the evidence of how they currently play does not mean they are limited to that...ALL of our players have come from other clubs and/or played for numerous other managers whose football philosophy is not so direct..
as for signings not being sold for money..we haven't sold anyone he has paid money for unless you count Bobby Reed which looks like being a profit ...

Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:56 pm

dogfound wrote:
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:It's crystal clear we play the Managers way, there is no shadow of doubt about that.

all teams generally play to the managers instructions otherwise there is no point in having a manager.
not sure about players being unfancied by a new manager...clubs not wanting to buy on the evidence of how they currently play does not mean they are limited to that...ALL of our players have come from other clubs and/or played for numerous other managers whose football philosophy is not so direct..
as for signings not being sold for money..we haven't sold anyone he has paid money for unless you count Bobby Reed which looks like being a profit ...

We haven't sold anyone he has acquired whether we paid money or not. Reid currently appears a loan still.

Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:02 am

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:
dogfound wrote:

We haven't sold anyone he has acquired whether we paid money or not. Reid currently appears a loan still.

I am aware we haven't . he has however sold players that were here before his arrival. and some came in on frees or short contracts who have since left.. its how football clubs work from aberynyscwm 3rds to Real Madrid. players come and players go.

Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:13 pm

dogfound wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I am aware we haven't . he has however sold players that were here before his arrival. and some came in on frees or short contracts who have since left.. its how football clubs work from aberynyscwm 3rds to Real Madrid. players come and players go.

My point is that very few clubs will want players who are best suited to Sir Neils methods.

Past spending has haunted us but reality is that we have gone through yet another period where our spending will not provide long term benefits. Who is ever going to buy Flint and Vaulkes of us? Murphy going the same way. Madine? I hope not but Glatzel? We wouldnt recoup anywhere near £5 million for him in January would we? Sir Neil has picked up some good freebies no doubt but his spending simply doesn't add value and too many become write offs.

Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:22 pm

Not with the current defence, if he can work on that and split up Flint and Morrison for a while we could pick up some form and push for the playoffs, we are not a million miles away from a decent team :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:18 am

dogfound wrote:
dogfound wrote:

My point is that very few clubs will want players who are best suited to Sir Neils methods.

Past spending has haunted us but reality is that we have gone through yet another period where our spending will not provide long term benefits. Who is ever going to buy Flint and Vaulkes of us? Murphy going the same way. Madine? I hope not but Glatzel? We wouldnt recoup anywhere near £5 million for him in January would we? Sir Neil has picked up some good freebies no doubt but his spending simply doesn't add value and too many become write offs.

if you look at our club alone fair enough ..but if you compare to how other clubs transfer policy has worked finding examples of it being any better than ours are hard to find..
its a big part of the reason that parachute payments exist. clubs get relegated often with a raft of expensive missfits they bought for good money but now have zero value..
its football mate and I don't see how anyone can knock our manager for being just the same as every other manager