Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Got to say

Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:33 am

Getting harder to turn up every match to watch this warnock hoof ball . Other than tomlins cameo, the rest of the match was utter shite and depressing to watch..

Re: Got to say

Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:07 am

Hard to disagree with that. Tonight was terrible, the weather didn't help either but watching us play like that for 70 mins reminds me of the Slade days. Utter dire football, no direction. It's like certain players know that their place will not be challenged and can just play any way they like. It's awful football!

Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:38 am

100%correct warnock has to start playing footballers instead of hoofers as the 2nd half showed when tomlin came on

Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:32 am

Agree. It was awful. In reality we were no better against QPR or Boro.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:22 am

He should have gone last year... two years ago was poor, but this year is painful.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:25 am

I will aways turn up, irrespective of bad patches.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:57 am

ElyBoy1984 wrote:I will aways turn up, irrespective of bad patches.

Nobody said they weren't going to turn up, they said its getting harder, which is correct.

What is the point of you're post?

Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:06 am

I agree about the quality of our football, but I’ll still support the team but I still don’t understand why one of the best footballers in the championship, Tomlin, is not picked. I accept he’s not the fittest player, but he has the quality, especially with the weather conditions like last night, to make a difference and pass the ball to feet. Why do our defenders keep knocking the ball in the air to Glatzel, when he’s clearly a better player when the ball is given to him on the floor.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:50 pm

Horrible to watch. Its embarrassing to watch players who are on those sorts of wages unable to play 2-3 passes between them. Warnock's got a massive 4 games now as we have Millwall (A) Swansea (A) Birmingham (H) Bristol (H). I could see us only getting around 4 pts from a possible 12 and that's being generous tbh.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:17 pm

RV Casual wrote:

Nobody said they weren't going to turn up, they said its getting harder, which is correct.

Finding it harder to turn up implies there's a limit to how much he can take. As the Club read this board, i'm letting them know that others feel differently and they can plan for the future knowing people are with them.
Is that ok with you?

Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:14 pm

ElyBoy1984 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Finding it harder to turn up implies there's a limit to how much he can take. As the Club read this board, i'm letting them know that others feel differently and they can plan for the future knowing people are with them.
Is that ok with you?

No it doesn't, that's you're interpretation of it.

Im find it harder to turn up aswell, that in no way implies I'm about to stop.

Maybe try not to put words in people's mouths and you won't get replies you won't like, I'm sure if he had a limit to what he can take and this is it then that is what he would have said.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:58 pm

RV Casual wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Is that ok with you?

Maybe try not to put words in people's mouths and you won't get replies you won't like, I'm sure if he had a limit to what he can take and this is it then that is what he would have said.

Of couse it's my interpretation just like yoir view is your interpretation. So, In answer to your question, That's the point of my post.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:35 pm

ElyBoy1984 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Is that ok with you?

Of couse it's my interpretation just like yoir view is your interpretation. So, In answer to your question, That's the point of my post.

No. Your view is based on interpretation, mine is based on fact having actually read the thread where NOBODY has said they are going to stop going just that's its getting harder which is a fact and shared by thousands of fans down there last night and 4 within my group who are season ticket holders for 25 years plus.

There is a big difference between saying 'f**k me, that was shit, it's getting hard watching that' and saying 'that was shit, I'm not going anymore, I only want to watch a winning team'.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:33 pm

I know a few who are questioning going, after initially complaining it's getting harder to watch. If
our results flatline, next season sales will probably fall. Like i said, different interpretations.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:05 pm

I would say that Friday nights announced gate and all the empty seats would seem to confirm that lots are finding it hard to raise their enthusiasm to watch. No way 22k there so lots of season ticket holders stayed at home.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:16 pm

litoblues wrote:Getting harder to turn up every match to watch this warnock hoof ball . Other than tomlins cameo, the rest of the match was utter shite and depressing to watch..

The thing that annoys me when we actually have a go towards the end of matches we look decent ! But first half of most games we do nothing pretty much and end up chasing games, some times wish we were abit more positive! As ive noticed when we actually get it out wide and put a decent ball in we look good! But wed rather just sit back and lump up

Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:26 pm

You can always pretend its the hangover from the rebrand again when attendances significantly drop off next year? ;)

It's funny my views are called trolling at the time - only for it to slowly become the popular opinion a matter of months later, would save you all an awful lot of time if you just agreed first time round. :D

This league has changed, its better and now and intensely technical at the competitive end of the league, Warnock's dated tactics simply will not work while the Championship harbors the over-spill from the EPL, which will be for quite some time at least.

Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:52 am

welsh-dragon-days wrote:You can always pretend its the hangover from the rebrand again when attendances significantly drop off next year? ;)

It's funny my views are called trolling at the time - only for it to slowly become the popular opinion a matter of months later, would save you all an awful lot of time if you just agreed first time round. :D

This league has changed, its better and now and intensely technical at the competitive end of the league, Warnock's dated tactics simply will not work while the Championship harbors the over-spill from the EPL, which will be for quite some time at least.

Obviously our attendances will drop next season, no one has said they won’t. It happens at every club that is relegated. Exactly why Swansea are averaging 16000odd this season from 18000 last season. Not sure why you’re making out you’ve predicted something that no one else on the planet would know or expect to happen when it’s something that happens all the time. If we don’t make top 6 then we will probably average between 18-20k which is what most fans would have expected to happen anyway.

Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:58 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
welsh-dragon-days wrote:You can always pretend its the hangover from the rebrand again when attendances significantly drop off next year? ;)

Obviously our attendances will drop next season, no one has said they won’t. It happens at every club that is relegated. Exactly why Swansea are averaging 16000odd this season from 18000 last season. Not sure why you’re making out you’ve predicted something that no one else on the planet would know or expect to happen when it’s something that happens all the time. If we don’t make top 6 then we will probably average between 18-20k which is what most fans would have expected to happen anyway.

I think he is making the point that last time attendances dropped (18 months plus after the rebrand) it was blamed on the rebrand by a lot of our fans.

Personally I think if our performances continue to flatline NW and Tan will start getting a lot of stick and the poor football or lack of spending will be the reason given why people aren’t going anymore.

Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:30 pm

Escott1927 wrote:

You say “obviously” yet I have been discussing this very topic for the last few weeks on here with the general consensus seeming to be that comparing your relegation season to our second season is fair enough because there were no sales off the back of being a PL club as ST’s went on sale late and your relegation fate looking likely. So which one is it?

Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:34 pm

welsh-dragon-days wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

You say “obviously” yet I have been discussing this very topic for the last few weeks on here with the general consensus seeming to be that comparing your relegation season to our second season is fair enough because there were no sales off the back of being a PL club as ST’s went on sale late and your relegation fate looking likely. So which one is it?

It’s the rebrand is what it is. We lost thousands due to the rebrand.

Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:02 pm

maccydee wrote:

Aye that’s what I thought, even though attendances went up in all rebrand seasons and people apparently only decided they couldn’t take it anymore when they were announced you were going back to blue :D

Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:43 pm

welsh-dragon-days wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Aye that’s what I thought, even though attendances went up in all rebrand seasons and people apparently only decided they couldn’t take it anymore when they were announced you were going back to blue :D

Actually we did have about 50 fans give their season tickets back.