Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sheffield Wednesday manager Garry Monk said:

Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:52 am

BBC

Sheffield Wednesday manager Garry Monk said:

"We are frustrated that we didn't get the win because we had enough chances to make it comfortable.

"The first 50 or 60 minutes was exactly what we wanted. We didn't allow them to turn the game into a physical scrap, which is what they wanted.

"But we just didn't have control in that final period, although I am disappointed with the goal.

"If it had been a legitimate goal, fair enough, but I am told it wasn't even a foul for the free-kick.

"Then they had one of their players doing star jumps, trying to distract our keeper.

"How they missed that, I don't know because it's not hard to spot - a 6ft 5 inch player doing star jumps."

Re: Sheffield Wednesday manager Garry Monk said:

Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:57 am

Hate to say it but he's spot on, I'd be fuming if it was them who scored from a free kick which wasn't, but shit happens Mr Monk

Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:02 am

Brightspark wrote:Hate to say it but he's spot on, I'd be fuming if it was them who scored from a free kick which wasn't, but shit happens Mr Monk

Bad decisions both ways. We should have had a pen.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:05 am

Flints star jumps should just be enough to get him MOM..

Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:06 am

Can't see how it's offside myself

Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:25 am

The star jumps finished before the kick was taken, no case to answer.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:09 am

Sheffield Wednesday boss Garry Monk's fuming response to Cardiff City equaliser after Aden Flint's 'star jumps'

The Bluebirds managed to salvage a draw through a late Lee Tomlin free-kick

A furious Garry Monk hit out at the refereeing for Cardiff City's late goal which snatched two points away from Sheffield Wednesday on Friday night.

Lee Tomlin curled a beautiful free-kick into the corner of the goal in the 87th minute to cancel out Julian Borner's first-half strike, ensuring the Bluebirds' unbeaten home record remained untarnished.

However the goal certainly caused a stir.

City's colossal defender Aden Flint blatantly attempted to distract Wednesday keeper Cameron Dawson by jumping enthusiastically in front of him while Tomlin lined up the free-kick.

It should be noted at this point that Flint was in an offside position and many, including the Sky Sports pundits in the studio , believe the goal should have been ruled out.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:10 pm

If it was against and 1 nil up with 3 mins to go the Forum would be in overdrive by now. It was offside. Flint may not have been in direct line of the shot but it was clearly a distraction. If this wasn't what he intended what the hell was he doing standing there.

Having said that it was a great free kick and we should have had a penalty.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:09 pm

He had a brain fart by bringing off Barry Bannan and bringing on Nuihu which made them lose control of the game imo.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:31 pm

If we had 10000 bad referees decisions go our way,It will never make up for the the Chelsea decision.

Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:29 pm

When a goalkeeper starts doing star jumps on the goaline to put off a penalty taker before the striker makes a conection with the ball they never get booked no different to flint, but others will disagree .

Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:45 pm

montyblue wrote:When a goalkeeper starts doing star jumps on the goaline to put off a penalty taker before the striker makes a conection with the ball they never get booked no different to flint, but others will disagree .

Your right but the difference is whilst you can do star jumps in a wall or goalie on line to put player off? what you cannot do is do it to put off goalkeeper whilst standing 2yds offside? The law clearly state if offside and interfering with goalie your offside, and no one can say he wasn't putting off goalie with star jumps..:thumbup: