Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"VAR" I predicted

Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:19 pm

On the subject of var previously I said it will go way of tmo in rugby and play be brought back for previous events ? Man u goal went to var because liverpool wanted free kick 50yrds away in build up... what happened to just pen offside red cards handball? Game us going to get ruined like rugby world cup! with no one knowing if goal be disallowed for previous incident whatever it is... :banghead:

Re: "VAR" I predicted

Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:41 pm

pembroke allan wrote:On the subject of var previously I said it will go way of tmo in rugby and play be brought back for previous events ? Man u goal went to var because liverpool wanted free kick 50yrds away in build up... what happened to just pen offside red cards handball? Game us going to get ruined like rugby world cup! with no one knowing if goal be disallowed for previous incident whatever it is... :banghead:

as long as there are people that think VAR is technology and not just a different opinion or that these VAR guys will all improve their opinions over time as theve had brain transplants it will continue.
football is a game of differing opinions whether its offside , a lucky goal, an own goal etc etc etc..you read it on here every week even after re watching incidents....its actually { the talking points and different opinions } that has made the game so popular in the first place..

Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:55 pm

dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:On the subject of var previously I said it will go way of tmo in rugby and play be brought back for previous events ? Man u goal went to var because liverpool wanted free kick 50yrds away in build up... what happened to just pen offside red cards handball? Game us going to get ruined like rugby world cup! with no one knowing if goal be disallowed for previous incident whatever it is... :banghead:

as long as there are people that think VAR is technology and not just a different opinion or that these VAR guys will all improve their opinions over time as theve had brain transplants it will continue.
football is a game of differing opinions whether its offside , a lucky goal, an own goal etc etc etc..you read it on here every week even after re watching incidents....its actually { the talking points and different opinions } that has made the game so popular in the first place..

Var is suppose to correct obvious errors Although its only overturned 1 decision in 90 odd games regarding a pen! Var is just an extension of the general debate about what is or not a correct decision by officials? But what was not part of var was to make a decision about a foul outside penalty area unless it involved a possible red card tackle.... today's debate is about a tackle 70yrds from goal that ref saw (5yrds away) and didn't call it a foul man u went up field and scored ! Like I said it as gone from 4 areas of decision making to anything on the field ? Thats how tmo started off for try decisions now its used for every aspect of game .

Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:20 am

It's a terrible idea that is changing the game for the worse. There was nothing wrong with football.

Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:39 am

nubbsy wrote:It's a terrible idea that is changing the game for the worse. There was nothing wrong with football.

I agree. Football has been played for a long time without it, and arguing over decisions has always been part of the game. I suppose like everything, it comes down to money. So much cash in the game now, a poor decision could ultimately cost a club millions. Won't be long until goals are greeted with silence as everyone will be waiting for a potential VAR decision before allowing themselves to celebrate. I can understand the logic behind it, but I would get shot of it tomorrow if I could.

Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:23 pm

What I dobt get us var was supposed to be for the 4 incidents I highlighted but all if sudden yesterday everyone says should have been used for a foul for liverpool in man u half of field ? When did that rule happen ? Also all pundits are saying it should have been revued the tackle.... ref 5yds away said play on now as I've said it will go way of rugby TMO and every incident before a goal will be checked? Needs to go now before spoil the game for the fans :roll:

Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:32 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
nubbsy wrote:It's a terrible idea that is changing the game for the worse. There was nothing wrong with football.

I agree. Football has been played for a long time without it, and arguing over decisions has always been part of the game. I suppose like everything, it comes down to money. So much cash in the game now, a poor decision could ultimately cost a club millions. Won't be long until goals are greeted with silence as everyone will be waiting for a potential VAR decision before allowing themselves to celebrate. I can understand the logic behind it, but I would get shot of it tomorrow if I could.

thing is mate VAR has not stopped wrong/poor decisions or arguing over decisions its just deferred one mans opinion to another.
personally I see no logic , its not like goal line technology which does give a definitive decision

Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:34 pm

dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

thing is mate VAR has not stopped wrong/poor decisions or arguing over decisions its just deferred one mans opinion to another.
personally I see no logic , its not like goal line technology which does give a definitive decision

Yes its down to interpretation of var official now where as before it was lino or refs interpretation of incident? So what's the point of it as you say it's just transferring decision making. :old: