Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

100 Draft

Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:03 pm

Setting aside whether cricket needs the additional format and competition, the Draft was an interesting watch.

8 sides with identical salary pools with free reign who to recruit within a limit of three overseas players.

Re: 100 Draft

Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:18 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Setting aside whether cricket needs the additional format and competition, the Draft was an interesting watch.

8 sides with identical salary pools with free reign who to recruit within a limit of three overseas players.

Don't understand why Gayle was not picked?

Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:36 am

I actually think this type of thing could be good for british football.

With all the quality young players sat in the stands , why dont they put them into a draft that teams from the championship or lower can pick from to allow them to get some experience.

Would be exciting to watch and some good debate over who city should pick.

It would also make leagues more competitive and wouldnt cost fortunes in wages

Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:43 am

No Gayle or Malinga either. That's not one but eight coaches saying they're too old now. Or too expensive. Or too expensive for their age.

Glamorgan players won't be earning their fortunes from it for sure. Only Ingram, and Cooke signed in very last round.

Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:49 am

thomasblue wrote:I actually think this type of thing could be good for british football.

With all the quality young players sat in the stands , why dont they put them into a draft that teams from the championship or lower can pick from to allow them to get some experience.

Would be exciting to watch and some good debate over who city should pick.

It would also make leagues more competitive and wouldnt cost fortunes in wages

The issue would be ownership and the big clubs wouldnt go near it. Big clubs simply don't want their talented youngsters in what they consider the wrong hands. Or playing wrong style of football. It's why we don't get loan players of that ilk here.

I agree completely that the draft concept of a completely level playing field is great for sport. Man Utd may start to back it!

Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Setting aside whether cricket needs the additional format and competition, the Draft was an interesting watch.

Don't understand why Gayle was not picked?

Talksport were saying that it could well be because he’s not a great fielder and for this type of cricket it’s pretty important. I’m a non cricket fan but surely CGs runs would make up for his lack of expertise in the outfield.