Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I HAVE TO ADMIT THAT LAST SATURDAY

Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:44 am

Watching City with Bellamy in the Side was one of My Greatest Moments watching them in the last 37 years :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: I HAVE TO ADMIT THAT LAST SATURDAY

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:02 am

My dad said it was his best day at the City ever.

My best day was when we beat Leeds, but Saturday was probably a day for all fans to be proud of.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:27 am

I thought as well as we did last season that on Saturday we actually looked a TEAM rather than relying on one or two individuals.
I just hope we push on this year and really go for an automatic place - i know it is early days but we lost 3 players to injury against a very good Doncaster team on Saturday and still had quality replacements on the bench to win 4-0

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:45 am

Magners wrote:My dad said it was his best day at the City ever.

My best day was when we beat Leeds, but Saturday was probably a day for all fans to be proud of.

The Leeds game I had tears in My eyes at the end off the game :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:46 am

billy ronson wrote:I thought as well as we did last season that on Saturday we actually looked a TEAM rather than relying on one or two individuals.
I just hope we push on this year and really go for an automatic place - i know it is early days but we lost 3 players to injury against a very good Doncaster team on Saturday and still had quality replacements on the bench to win 4-0

Billy Ronson use to be the name I used in School :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:56 am

I got the nickname when Billy signed for Cardiff as some guys in work were talking about him signing and I walked thru the door and they said " Billy Ronson has signed for Cardiff and here he is!! " and the nickname stuck! :D

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:58 am

billy ronson wrote:I got the nickname when Billy signed for Cardiff as some guys in work were talking about him signing and I walked thru the door and they said " Billy Ronson has signed for Cardiff and here he is!! " and the nickname stuck! :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Great little player :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:03 am

Yes , I alawys liked him !! :D :ayatollah:

I remember seeing him and Basil Stephens score at Burnley - we won 2-0 - the Burnley fans started chanting "Aberfan" and City fans went mental. We were in a stand like the Bob bank with a huge fence between us and it was the first ground I can remember being able to get beer from the kiosks !

Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:05 am

I thought that in the second half on Saturday, we looked like Brazil! :) :D :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:30 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Magners wrote:My dad said it was his best day at the City ever.

The Leeds game I had tears in My eyes at the end off the game :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I know Annis. Those coppers were mental with the tear gas weren't they! :lol:

Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:34 am

Annis,

I agree , it was a very emotional day. Up there with the very best.
I also thought that the tribute to BRIAN CLARK was very moving. For me to see that man being honoured by everyone in the ground Including the Doncaster Fans, is something I will never forget.

It was a very very special day.

All the Best,

Steve :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:43 am

It was one of the most surreal moments for sure! I just kept expecting him to just walk off and go back to Man City or just not turn up. Fair play to Craig, he's a proper legend for doing this. I know he didn't have to take a wage cut but if he did I am sure he still would have moved. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:48 am

Overthemoon wrote:I thought that in the second half on Saturday, we looked like Brazil! :) :D :ayatollah:

It was like Brazil - the f---ing Rainforest!

Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:04 pm

I had goosebumps when Bellamy walked out!!

Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Watching City with Bellamy in the Side was one of My Greatest Moments watching them in the last 37 years :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

deffo! to see a player of that calibre running out for us was awesome and to add to the day the repsect for Brian just added to the emotions.

Great day and one to be remembered by many :D :ayatollah: