Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Where is the atmosphere to?

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:20 am

Where in the new stadium is the best place to be for singing/atmosphere?

Re: Where is the atmosphere to?

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:20 am

Canton end.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:50 am

Dafydd wrote:Canton end.

I have to admit it Def is, BUT We tried Our Best in The Ninian Stand on Saturday.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:54 am

I swore a few seasons ago that i would NEVER buy another season ticket after kav was sold Must be honest i am very tempted now Just trying to find best place as i enjoy the singing etc

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:55 am

john52 wrote:I swore a few seasons ago that i would NEVER buy another season ticket after kav was sold Must be honest i am very tempted now Just trying to find best place as i enjoy the singing etc

Have to Admit Def the Canton Stand.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:58 am

Thanks

Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:07 am

Forever Blue wrote:

I have to admit it Def is, BUT We tried Our Best in The Ninian Stand on Saturday.

Good effort from the Ninian but it only seems that Blocks 116 and 115 try to get the singing going so the Canton shades it

Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:10 am

Like to know peoples opinions as to where is best

Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:59 am

john52 wrote:Where in the new stadium is the best place to be for singing/atmosphere?

canton stand without a doubt

Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:14 am

So in canton stand is it mostly families or what?

Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:28 am

blueheaven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Good effort from the Ninian but it only seems that Blocks 116 and 115 try to get the singing going so the Canton shades it

Uh HUM! lol 117 is the same a lot of the old A/B blocks there an we do - it just sems to get lost i blame the roof! :lol:

The boys i know in 116/115 seem to be quiet even thought we se them stand and shout and we are along side its strange!

CANTON def comes across the loudest

Family stand only time i have heard them was swansea

THAT is me not saying they dont sing before you bombard me with i do i do (its like i just said we are 117 n always sing) !
its just the accoustics / dimensions of the stadium seem stop the sounds of smaller groups being effective

GO FOR CANTON! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:27 pm

I'm in the Canton. It's great.

The far end of the Ninian looks decent though.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:29 pm

no, tha canton end is no longer the family stand :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:37 pm

john52 wrote:So in canton stand is it mostly families or what?

They swapped the Canton and Grange ends over in the new stadium, so the old Grange end in Ninian Park is now the Grange Family stand, and all the old Grange end lot went to the Canton/Ninian. The Canton is definatly loudest.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:39 pm

john52 wrote:So in canton stand is it mostly families or what?

The Canton stand is basically ninian parks Grange end - only with seats!

The singing is usually constant, and that then tends to spur on the ninan stand. (nearer the away fans)

Im situated at the first few rows of people that STAND up in the canton right behind the goal, and we do sing alot - However, most of the hardcore fans, who are run by duracell batteries sit closer to the back in rows aa, bb, cc , dd , ee, etc etc... I sat there for the Leicester playoff game - and it was the best atmosphere I've experienced at ANY CCFC match! inc. ninian park!

Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:47 pm

Ninian 117 & 118 are usually pretty good - great singing in 117 on saturday but I guess there was pretty much everywhere!!