Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:57 am

theclaw wrote:Out of that list Bellers

Out of interest, who would you rather?

Re: Poll. Who do you want?

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:05 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
theclaw wrote:Out of that list Bellers

Out of interest, who would you rather?

Look I could say Pep,Klopp,Jose,Rafa,....and you quite rightly would say ‘be realistic’.
None of us know what is realistic or not so I selected from the list Bellamy.
If it helps from the current championship managers I would choose Alex Neil.

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:08 pm

Out of the above

Chris Hughton or Gareth Ainsworth for me :thumbright:

A tried and successful manager Chris Hughton

And Gareth Ainsworth as he is in his way up and has passion and enthusiasm that our fans will love :thumbright:

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:12 pm

jokanovic or nigel pearson

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:12 pm

Bowyer or Hughton from that list.

Cant believe people would want Bellamy :shock:

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:13 pm

Mike Flynn, hes done a fantastic job at Newport.

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:15 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Bowyer or Hughton from that list.

I can. With a few important tweaks has all the attributes to be a very good manager

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:22 pm

Agreed on both counts!

The only others maybe jokanovic or Alex Neil?

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:30 pm

Nigel Farage for me,no good if we want to get into Europe though.

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:34 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:

I can. With a few important tweaks has all the attributes to be a very good manager

Like never staying anywhere for long, causing problems at pretty much every club. I don't see any qualities in him as a manager at all. Maybe the arrogance of Jose just nothing to back it up with.

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:35 pm

Bellers

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:40 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:

I have believed for some years that Bellamy could be an excellent manager. I think he'd be the perfect fit for Cardiff City right now.

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:40 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:

Like never staying anywhere for long, causing problems at pretty much every club. I don't see any qualities in him as a manager at all. Maybe the arrogance of Jose just nothing to back it up with.

Agreed, I like him, but he doesn't come across as a people person, and man-management is one of the most important aspects of modern football management!

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:42 pm

Can understand a Neil Harris TYPE appointment if it was just to the end of the season (although not personally my choice). Changing style of play half way through a season when you're mid table carries a lot of risk, especially when IMO we don't have the type of players to play 'free flowing' football right now.

If we want someone to take the group we have now and get us to a more attacking style of play in the long term, has to be Hughton or Bowyer for me.

Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:21 pm

Mike Flynn Or David Wagner

Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:21 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:

As I said in a previous post. I don’t want to defend someone I don’t know personally . But I will, because all these comments and name calling are very past tense and while he was a player in his twenties. I was a nightmare in my twenties and thirties. Not that long ago I watched him on a Sunday morning at a Newport school in freezing driving rain, working with young girls and boys. He was sensational and I cane away suprised yet very impressed. This is Bellamy post playing career. Approachable and likeable. I like what he has to say as a pundit, what he says in his book, cares passionately about his country, and is very attack minded. Those last things have been missing from our club for many years.

The best captain to grace the premier league has him on his staff right now, so he sees those qualities to. He’s one of our own, a great fit, and a caretaker role until seasons end would be a really sensible way to go.

Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:53 pm

All those names have mistake all over them .
Bamba will be a good manager but would need time.

Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:54 pm

Lee Bowyer, Chris Hughton or Craig Bellamy for me out of that list. The fact only 1 person has voted for Neil Harris yet that's who we're being told is the favourite is depressing.

Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:05 pm

Voted other, there must be better abroad but if I had to choose I'd go for Bellers or Houghton

Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:07 pm

I would like Darren Moore

Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:07 pm

As I’ve said elsewhere, surely with his track record of promotions and (generally) keeping teams up, Chris Hughton is the obvious choice

Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:10 pm

Dazzy wrote:As I’ve said elsewhere, surely with his track record of promotions and (generally) keeping teams up, Chris Hughton is the obvious choice

Or Warnock, his track record ain't bad either. ;)

Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:56 pm

Voted other from that list. It would be Bowyer from the list. Would prefer Jonkavic but probably not realistic. A bit damming that Harris has received only one vote possibly from one of the board appointing him.

Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:02 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Dazzy wrote:As I’ve said elsewhere, surely with his track record of promotions and (generally) keeping teams up, Chris Hughton is the obvious choice

Or Warnock, his track record ain't bad either. ;)

The interesting thing is that if Warnock had not been our manager and had been on that list he would be walking the vote

Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:11 pm

Bellamy all day long. Progressive young manager with good contacts who will play football. Arteta who is not on the list. The club needs to show some ambition in their appointment. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:20 pm

I'd bet that the new managers name isn't on that list :bluebird:

Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:39 pm

Wardy64 wrote:Bellamy all day long. Progressive young manager with good contacts who will play football. Arteta who is not on the list. The club needs to show some ambition in their appointment. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Arteta is a game that will pop up in the list for every job in the next few years , he is a manager in waiting for a big club down the line he is very highly rated

Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:48 pm

thomasblue wrote:
Wardy64 wrote:Bellamy all day long. Progressive young manager with good contacts who will play football. Arteta who is not on the list. The club needs to show some ambition in their appointment. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Arteta is a game that will pop up in the list for every job in the next few years , he is a manager in waiting for a big club down the line he is very highly rated

He's linked with taking over at Arsenal. I highly doubt he'd come to us.