Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gary Madine NO CONFIEDENCE

Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:16 pm

Gary Madine gets a clear shot at goal, rather than taking a shot , passes it to Hoilett, which was behind Hoilett and it ends up going out.

Madine squares it to Hoilett, who has essentially an open goal to aim at, but it is blocked on the line from just eight yards out.

Gary Madine NO CONFIEDENCE

Re: Gary Madine NO CONFIEDENCE

Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:29 pm

67th min Cardiff: Ward came on for Gary Madine

Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:03 pm

I don’t disagree he has low confidence. But I disagree with you that he shouldn’t have passed it on, Madine still had a keeper to beat, Hoilett didn’t, and he had the worst effort on target imaginable

Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:04 pm

Madine is not good enough... scandalous signing Bolton couldn’t believe their luck

Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:05 pm

Maybe no confidence but playing well! :occasion5:

Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:05 pm

Dont agree , hoilet was free and should of scored

Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:10 pm

wez1927 wrote:Dont agree , hoilet was free and should of scored

2 mistakes really madine not shooting and hoilett should have composed himself before shooting but we won that's important as a team :thumbup:

Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:12 pm

He needs a goal but it will come if he keeps playing well.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:14 pm

Playing well though, which will improve his confidence.

For some fans, I think they want Madine to fail for us because they've invested so much in that. Sounds bizarre but some will always criticise him, even when he plays well.

He's been good since Harris came in and long may that continue.

Should be blaming Hoilett for his soft effort, rather than Madine.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:15 pm

Madine was brilliant today

Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:20 pm

boyo1927 wrote:Madine was brilliant today

I thought Neil H was a bad appointment. I was wrong on that one.
So if Neil thinks Gary will come goood who am I to argue

Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:26 pm

Yet another very good performance from Madine, I like the way he brings everyone else into the game. If he gets a goal I think he really could go on a run. We seemed to lose our shape going forward when Ward came on, granted Forest were coming at us relentlessly.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:26 pm

Madine was fine today won good few headers flick ons etc I was willing him to smash that chance in but yes agreed lack of confidence but I feel as soon as he bangs one in more will come

Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:39 pm

Watch the replay and you'll see his angle wasn't great, the pull back to Hoilet was the better option. Nine times out of ten it goes in but credit the Forest defender for the last ditch clearance. Thought Madine battled well today. He is poor but a goal might increase his confidence to shoot more.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:41 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:Watch the replay and you'll see his angle wasn't great, the pull back to Hoilet was the better option. Nine times out of ten it goes in but credit the Forest defender for the last ditch clearance. Thought Madine battled well today. He is poor but a goal might increase his confidence to shoot more.

He pulled it back behind Hoilett and imo was a poor pass

Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:42 pm

Massively disagree. Madine should never take that shot on with Hoilett in that position.

Completely unselfish and a sign of a great team player.

Sorry but anyone who uses that as a negative for Madine is either looking for any reason to have a dig at him or is just posting it to up a hit count.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:45 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:Watch the replay and you'll see his angle wasn't great, the pull back to Hoilet was the better option. Nine times out of ten it goes in but credit the Forest defender for the last ditch clearance. Thought Madine battled well today. He is poor but a goal might increase his confidence to shoot more.

He pulled it back behind Hoilett and imo was a poor pass

Wasnt the best pass but then hoillett didn't have to shoot 1st time either! It was madine doing what he thought was right but doing right thing sometimes isn't doing the right thing! ...... :thumbup:

Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:48 pm

I've just seen the incident and imo Medine did the right thing pulling it back for Hoilett.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:51 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Playing well though, which will improve his confidence.

For some fans, I think they want Madine to fail for us because they've invested so much in that. Sounds bizarre but some will always criticise him, even when he plays well.

He's been good since Harris came in and long may that continue.

Should be blaming Hoilett for his soft effort, rather than Madine.

Agree with this.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:51 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I've just seen the incident and imo Medine did the right thing pulling it back for Hoilett.

Me too

Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:30 pm

Thought Nadine played well

Picked up free kicks

And I praised him for the pass to hoilet showing he wanted the win and took the option for hoilet to have the open goal

I think forest got lucky

Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:57 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I've just seen the incident and imo Medine did the right thing pulling it back for Hoilett.

Me too

Totally agree. It was a narrow angle for Madine and he squared it to Hoilett for an open goal. Madine's touch to get it under control was good and he showed a cool head, great unselfishness and good decision making to put it on a plate for Hoilett. It's not Madine's fault Hoilett chose to hit a soft effort directly at the defender.

Madine made the correct decision, if Madine took the shot at a tight angle and missed, the same people criticising him would be asking why he didn't square it to Hoilett. Madine simply can't win with some of our fans and it's no help to Madine or the team whatsoever.

Madine had another good game and I hope he can keep it going for us.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:18 pm

Madine is playing well and deserves his place in the team atm imo. Can’t fault our results since he’s started games. His game is far more than scoring goals although, when he gets off the mark, I can see him getting a few.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:20 pm

I didnt watch it today, but looking at the high light Madine defo done the right thing. Hoilet had an open goal.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:28 pm

nubbsy wrote:I didnt watch it today, but looking at the high light Madine defo done the right thing. Hoilet had an open goal.

Yes when it happened thought he was mad to pass but seeing it he was being closed down quickly so right to pass, tbh wasnt best pass but hoillett had time and didnt need to shoot straight away

Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:57 pm

The run from Madine was fantastic .

Yes he could of shot but selflessly passed to Hoilett for a tap in

I think Hoilett was surprised to get it

Madine excellent today . Won most balls in the air

Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:02 pm

Madine is rubbish... seen better striker performances from pilkington

Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:22 pm

Bottom line is we are winning games and looking hard to beat with Madine in the side. Bold move from Neil Harris to pick Madine. Imagine the uproar from our section of online "fans" who have had a season ticket since the 60s and were at THAT GAME in 1994 ,away at Halifax if we were not getting results. :o :o

Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:40 am

NIBluebird wrote:The run from Madine was fantastic .

Yes he could of shot but selflessly passed to Hoilett for a tap in

I think Hoilett was surprised to get it

Madine excellent today . Won most balls in the air

Agree. A real battler he was today too. He was surrounded by Forest players at every goal kick/long free kick and somehow managed to shove them out the way to get something on the ball in most aerial duals. He’s our best player at that and it’s something we need in the team given the way we’re generally set up. I’d give him a run of games and his confidence will come on leaps and bounds. His body language has shown that he’s starting to feel part of our team which is good news

Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:43 am

I actually thought at the time he made the correct decision to pull it back to Hoilet. It took the keeper totally out of the game and left pretty much an open goal.
Trouble is, the pass was a little behind hoilet and he wasn't able to take it in his stride and he scuffed the shot. He could have put it anywhere and it would have been two nil and game over.
Unfortunately he put it right where the defender was waiting. Luckily, that never came back to bite us in the arse.