Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Can the Neil Harris HATERS please stand up........

Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:50 pm

thomasblue wrote:Good start

But why did the players stop playing for Warnock because they never put in that much effort like today since the promotion season.

It's the players playing again not the manager in my view. They have always been good enough for top 6 they just didnt want it

Agree with this totally in our promotion season the players were more than the sum of their parts this season they did not seem want to play for Warnock. This afternoon they all played for 90 minutes. Even though we lost control of the game for most of the second half it was all hand to the pump and the defence did really well. Mind Forests shooting was awful worst I have seen for ages.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:54 pm

The team has transformed, pleasure to watch

The haters will be here first time we lose

Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:34 pm

two wins and a draw including a first away win is ok with me, Neil Harris Barmy Army :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:41 pm

NIBluebird wrote:The team has transformed, pleasure to watch

The haters will be here first time we lose

Call me what you want but ‘transformed’ and ‘pleasure to watch’ ?? Wow

Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:42 pm

RV Casual wrote:So much wrong with this I don't even know where to start.

The title for one, hates a strong word.

I can't remember a single thread of anyone saying they hate Harris on here?

Problem is people go to the extreme, when we get a few bad results we will have the opposite thread in retaliation, and the truth is somewhere in between.

Far to early to say anything over than a good start.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:57 pm

Like I said 2blue it’s a good start points wise... performance wise we are as we were slight improvements maybe... but to see comments like ‘pleasure to watch’ above are madness. Nottingham
Forest had a shot almost every 2 minutes today... that demonstrates a complete lack of control of the game today throughout.

Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:18 am

BarryWelsh88 wrote:Like I said 2blue it’s a good start points wise... performance wise we are as we were slight improvements maybe... but to see comments like ‘pleasure to watch’ above are madness. Nottingham
Forest had a shot almost every 2 minutes today... that demonstrates a complete lack of control of the game today throughout.

They were shooting from anywhere because our defence was stopping them getting any chances 2 shots on target both simple saves for Etheridge from 20yds .... as the home side you expect forest to control the game just like any other home side should..... :thumbup: ....
Suspect from your posts you were not at the game but using stats

Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:29 am

Shots on the edge of the box generally mean that the midfield has been beaten in some form... so to have 30+ of them over 90 minutes shows our lack of control and possession. I appreciate that only a few were on target but to allow that many shots from anywhere over 90 minutes says a lot of our performance. Fortunately Forest were not as clinical from distance as say West Brom were against us, or Josh Brownhill, or Ivan Sunjic

Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:23 am

BarryWelsh88 wrote:Shots on the edge of the box generally mean that the midfield has been beaten in some form... so to have 30+ of them over 90 minutes shows our lack of control and possession. I appreciate that only a few were on target but to allow that many shots from anywhere over 90 minutes says a lot of our performance. Fortunately Forest were not as clinical from distance as say West Brom were against us, or Josh Brownhill, or Ivan Sunjic

We had 24 shots a couple of games back,doesn't mean shit,if they ain't on target,we could have had two goals,out of our ten shots,if lolly hadn't cleared off the line from madine,still we won regardless,let's enjoy the moment,plenty to work on,plus another clean sheet,first away win,I'm happy with where we are,we will improve,but not overnight,how many of us expected 7pts from 9? If you look at the table, it's as tight as a ducks arse from 2nd down to 15th/16th,we have yet to hit a purple patch of any real note,but that may come yet,keep the faith :bluescarf: :old: :bluebird:

Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:39 am

There aren’t any Neil Harris haters.. just as most fans wouldn’t describe themselves as being part of a barmy army run by Neil Warnock.

Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:47 am

2blue2handle wrote:

Problem is people go to the extreme, when we get a few bad results we will have the opposite thread in retaliation, and the truth is somewhere in between.

Agreed, I was one of the people who put a thread on questioning the speed of the appointment and saying it was underwhelming but there was no hate and I did say I would support him 100%.

Not a dig at the OP either as I like his posts normally.

Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:28 am

God help us if we lose 2 on the bounce and then all the plastics and snowflakes will kick right off. Easy to support when you winning.

Best of luck to you Mr HARRIS and coaching staff

Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:31 am

RV Casual wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Agreed, I was one of the people who put a thread on questioning the speed of the appointment and saying it was underwhelming but there was no hate and I did say I would support him 100%.

I accept your point RV, HATERS was probably the wrong word to use. I think it was born out of frustration of the negativity I felt coming from this board towards Harris, who at the time hadn't even been appointed.

I am the eternal optimist with all things that are City related so it saddens me when I see such negative posts even before a ball has been kicked.

We all know that 3 games don't make a summer and Neil has plenty of work to do. In hindsight DOUBTERS would have been more appropriate but I for one have faith in our new Manager, as sorry as I was to see Sir Neil leave, and will back him all the way. :bluebird:

Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:02 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I accept your point RV, HATERS was probably the wrong word to use. I think it was born out of frustration of the negativity I felt coming from this board towards Harris, who at the time hadn't even been appointed.

I am the eternal optimist with all things that are City related so it saddens me when I see such negative posts even before a ball has been kicked.

We all know that 3 games don't make a summer and Neil has plenty of work to do. In hindsight DOUBTERS would have been more appropriate but I for one have faith in our new Manager, as sorry as I was to see Sir Neil leave, and will back him all the way. :bluebird:

Top man mate, let's hope the run continues, I think the squad is capable andof getting into the top 6, be interesting to see what happens in January now

Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:07 am

RV Casual wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Top man mate, let's hope the run continues, I think the squad is capable andof getting into the top 6, be interesting to see what happens in January now

Our squad as always been a good championship one, it's just lost it's way with NW and maybe Harris is the new broom to revitalise it for challenge on top 6 dare say top 2? :mrgreen:

Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:19 am

Reality is that it is two clean sheets that have made the difference in accumulating 6 points. Fine margins but our defence doesn't look like it can be sliced apart.

I think the sentiment was more frustration with what was deemed a like for like unambitious appointment. Very early days but new manager bounce taking place.

By the time we play Swansea we will see where we are in comparison to the game away.

Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:57 am

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
phildavies wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
phildavies wrote:Said we would finish top 6 at start of season and that Jacks will be lower mid table between 12-16 and I stick by that.

Playoffs here we come :ayatollah:

What about Fulham?

Will end up outside the playoffs like I said and below us as they have been for years now despite so many bumming them on here.

WBA winning this league but will be intresting to see who finishes second when Leeds slip up and end up in the playoffs.

I think WBA are the best team in the league from what I've seen. Something tells me Leeds will do it this year as their defence is a lot stronger. I have tbh I don't see how Fulham don't get in the play offs just due to the quality they have in their squad but we'll see, its a long season. As long as we're there that's all that matters :lol: :bluescarf:

Mitorovic might just scrape them into the playoffs but in all likelihood he will be injured/banned soon enough.

As for Leeds the thing is their manager is an expert in failure just look at his record outside Argentinian club football.

Argentina national team - Failed to get out of group at 2002 World Cup

Athletic Bilbao- took a club that finished 6th the year before he arrived and made it finish 10th and then 12th.

Marseille- failed to qualify for champions league

Lille- Utter disaster sacked after just 19 games

Leeds- Completely bottled a promotion spot then lost in the playoffs.

The most overrated manager of all time.

Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:20 pm

What exactly are your predictions for top 6 Phil Davies?

I can only see 2/3 of Leeds WBA and Fulham getting the two auto spots and whoever doesn’t out of those three is a certainty to be in the top 6

Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:36 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Reality is that it is two clean sheets that have made the difference in accumulating 6 points. Fine margins but our defence doesn't look like it can be sliced apart.

I think the sentiment was more frustration with what was deemed a like for like unambitious appointment. Very early days but new manager bounce taking place.

By the time we play Swansea we will see where we are in comparison to the game away.

it never has looked like it could be sliced apart though. Swansea hammered us.? but it was 1 nil in a game very much like yesterdays...and BC. the other BIG defeat they had a shot plus a very very good goal.. both those games we actually had better chances than yesterday...
people see what they want to see..

Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:44 pm

dogfound wrote:
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Reality is that it is two clean sheets that have made the difference in accumulating 6 points. Fine margins but our defence doesn't look like it can be sliced apart.

it never has looked like it could be sliced apart though. Swansea hammered us.? but it was 1 nil in a game very much like yesterdays...and BC. the other BIG defeat they had a shot plus a very very good goal.. both those games we actually had better chances than yesterday...

Our defence has definitely looked more vulnerable than our promotion season, no doubt. And particularly away. Points proof that. No sure what the clean sheet tally is but we've not had enough to be any higher up the table than we are. Two in two games a giant step forward not least as players will start to believe again.

Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:18 am

BarryWelsh88 wrote:Like I said 2blue it’s a good start points wise... performance wise we are as we were slight improvements maybe... but to see comments like ‘pleasure to watch’ above are madness. Nottingham

Hate to be a pedant Barry, but a shot every two minutes would be 45 shots. They had a shot just over every three minutes (still an impressive feat if you just look at it on the surface level)

That said, at the surface level, if we look at shots on target as the metric, our shots on target was 200% of their tally. Equally our shots on target ratio of 40% was roughly 6 times more clinical than their 7% ratio. No point them even turning up really based on those stats? Truth is the stats don't tell the whole picture and never will.

Way I see it is we had a decent first half, the goal was against the run of play but it was well taken and remember it's not like that was the only opportunity we created during the game. Second half, as you would expect from a decent side with their position in the table chasing the game at home, they threw the kitchen sink at us. Yet for all their huff and puff they couldn't break us down and we limited them to ineffective shots from distance - very much like we had done against Stoke a few days earlier remember.

What I'm surprised no one else has picked up on is the tactical shift Harris made when bringing Morrison on for Hoilett to move to a back three for the final 10 minutes or so to make sure we saw the game out. Excellent tactical switch that stopped the defence weakening in those final minutes when Forest was chasing the last-minute equaliser. As a result, we actually saw the game out quite comfortably and Harris deserves credit for that.

It was also great to see them playing with heart and spirit (Pack's last-ditch block when Etheridge was beaten comes to mind) and whilst I won't speak for anyone else, seeing that part of our game, that resilient spirit being rekindled was indeed a joy to watch - it's just a matter of different perspectives.

Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:59 am

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Our defence has definitely looked more vulnerable than our promotion season, no doubt. And particularly away. Points proof that. No sure what the clean sheet tally is but we've not had enough to be any higher up the table than we are. Two in two games a giant step forward not least as players will start to believe again.

early on we did .but a lot of that was down to new players gelling. the last few games I thought we looked pretty resilient only where as in our promotion season we got away with a bit this year we seemed not too at both ends..
as for clean sheets. yes its better to have one than not but that's as far as it goes. only 4 teams have less than WBA.. the 3 teams with the most last season in this lge were Boro, Stoke and Sheffield Utd.. and we had more than Arsenal and Man U..
its not how few you concede or how many you score that's important, its the combination..

Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:45 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:What exactly are your predictions for top 6 Phil Davies?

I can only see 2/3 of Leeds WBA and Fulham getting the two auto spots and whoever doesn’t out of those three is a certainty to be in the top 6

WBA will win the league quite easily

Hard to predict who will pip Leeds to second and who will be top 6 but I’ll go with these

1st WBA
2nd Brentford

3rd Leeds (fail in the playoffs again)
4th Bristol
5th Cardiff
6th Sheffield Wednesday

Teams that will just miss out Forest, Preston and Fulham

Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:55 pm

He seems ok,but as my old dad used to say "one swallow don't make a summer ".
Bit of home spun philosophy for u lol

Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:45 pm

jonesybluebird wrote:First away win he’s doing something right, unfortunately our fans are massive faggots these days and we’ll never please them.

bet that made you feel big

Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:53 pm

splottthedog wrote:
jonesybluebird wrote:First away win he’s doing something right, unfortunately our fans are massive faggots these days and we’ll never please them.

bet that made you feel big

Some people cant handle their drink :lol:

Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:56 pm

That's me

Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:24 pm

2 nil down after 40 minutes in his first game, away in a three game week things looked very difficult fot Neil Harris.

Since then he has won the 2nd half 2 nil to secure a hard-fought away draw.
Won the next two games back to back.
Won our first away game.
Kept a clean sheet for 2.5 Games.
This is while we have lost the number one Striker and the back up Striker got suspended, lost the Captain and most influential Defender, and lost the best most influential midfielder!
He has brought in players from the cold who are starting to look undroppable and featuring high up om the man of the match awards.

I would say that not a bad week and I am looking forward to the rest of the season. :thumbup:

Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:30 pm

Yes me too ,I wasn't keen to start ,how wrong can u be ,the guy bristles with enthusiasm

Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:31 pm

Yes me too ,I wasn't keen to start ,how wrong can u be ,the guy bristles with enthusiasm