Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is external criticism of the Bellamy coup really warranted?

Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:32 am

I note today that the Doncaster Chairman has jumped on the 'Craig Bellamy shoud not have been allowed to go to Cardiff' debate AFTER the event. I don't suppose the result on Saturday had anything to do with it....

In fairness the guy stated he didn't BLAME Cardiff and only wished he'd had the same opportunity. But he did feel such transfers were 'immoral' and were really aimed at the development of youngsters.

Personally, I think the system is there to be played and Cardiff were exceptionally lucky that the Craig situation arose and they were (thanks to Man City) able to take full advantage. However, I do have a certain sympathy for his thoughts and I wonder what you guys think??

Re: Is external criticism of the Bellamy coup really warranted?

Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:37 am

Wigan are lucky that Dave Whelan is a fan, Blackburn were lucky that Jack Walker was a fan, Reading were lucky that Madjeski is a fan, we are lucky that Craig Bellamy supports Cardiff, would Steve Gerrard still be at Liverpool if he wasn't a fan? etc...etc...etc... :roll:

Re: Is external criticism of the Bellamy coup really warranted?

Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:39 am

The criticism is a symptom of an underlying xenophobia and insecurity. Those ignorant people who call for us to be expelled from the league don't understand that such a thing would almost certainly lead to the demise of the FA and other home FAs. The seperate organisations are only being tolerated for historical reasons and any legal challenge would almost certainly lead to a Football Association of Britain. (FAB sounds good :D ) No more England :ayatollah: