Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Reading v Cardiff City?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:45 pm

Reading win
31%
Cardiff City win
51%
Draw
18%

Total votes : 45

MATCH THREAD: " READING v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:45 pm

READING v CARDIFF CITY
Saturday 26th January, 3pm
FA Cup Fourth Round
Madejski Stadium

Cardiff City XI: Smithies; Bacuna, Flint, Bamba, Bennett; Vaulks, Ralls; Whyte, Paterson, Murphy; Glatzel

Subs: Etheridge, Morrison, Pack, Nelson, Richards, Hoilett, Sang

FA CUP 4TH RD 3pm on Saturday :bluebird:

25/01/20

Cardiff City fans it’s pay cash on turnstiles tomorrow Away at Reading :thumbright: :bluebird:

CHEAP TICKETS/CASH TURNSTILES :bluebird:

2,500 Cardiff fans already going :bluebird:

23/01/2020

VINCE ALM:

Reading Ticket update over 2,000 sold out of the 3,600 no excuses plenty left and should be a good atmosphere for the short trip down the M4 :bluebird:

An injury update on Danny Ward and Lee Peltier, Neil Harris says:

“Ward’s got a concussion so he’s unavailable for the weekend. We’ve had to go with the protocol and we understand that. He’s a no. We hope boxes will be ticked and he’s okay for Tuesday but we won’t know until Monday, so we’ll assess then.

“Peltier’s back on the training pitch but the weekend may be too soon.

“Ward’s back in the building and he’s been all week, he just has to do various tests but he can’t take to the field again within seven days.”

Any other injuries?

“No. We’re okay.

“We’ve just hot a busy run of games. Three games in six days. That’s the way the fixtures fall.

“There’s a short turnaround and that tests the group and the fitness, but I’m lucky to have a good core group of players that want to play.”Cardiff could have 4,000 tickets for the short away trip .

I believe we’ve accepted 3,600 tickets :bluebird:

TEAM NEWS: :bluebird:

Neil Harris has virtually a full strength squad to pick from :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mendez-Laing out for the season.

Reading have a game on Wednesday in the league against Nottingham Forest ahead of this FA Cup tie.

About Reading

Reading Football Club is a professional association football club based in Reading, Berkshire, England. The team play in the Championship, the second tier of English football. The current manager is Mark Bowen.

Reading are nicknamed The Royals, due to Reading's location in the Royal County of Berkshire, though they were previously known as The Biscuitmen, due to the town's association with Huntley and Palmers. Established in 1871, the club is one of the oldest teams in England, but did not join The Football League until 1920, and first in the top tier of English football league system in the 2006–07 season. The club competed in the 2012–13 Premier League season, having gained promotion at the end of the 2011–12 season after winning the Championship, but were relegated after just one season back in the top flight.

The club played at Elm Park for 102 years between 1896 and 1998. In 1998 the club moved to the new Madejski Stadium, which is named after the club's former co-chairman Sir John Madejski.

The club holds the record for the number of successive league wins at the start of a season, with a total of 13 wins at the start of the 1985–86 Third Division campaign and also the record for the number of points gained in the professional league season with 106 points in the 2005–06 Football League Championship campaign. Reading then finished eighth in the 2006–07 Premier League, their first ever season as a top flight club.

During the 2014–15 FA Cup, the club reached the semi finals, reaching the quarter finals the season after. They also reached the championship playoff final in the 2016–17 EFL Championship season.

Previous Meeting

We lost 3-0 at Reading in the league in August. George Puscas scored two goals and John Swift got the other goal.

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Reading: Cabral, Barbosa, Gunter, Morrison, Moore, Blackett, Tuncara Gomes, Adam, Meite, Swift, Ejaria, Baldock

Cardiff City: Smithies, Peltier, Nelson, Morrison, Bennett, Bacuna, Pack, Whyte, Hoilett, Tomlin, Glatzel

Form - Last Three Games    

Nottingham Forest - Reading
Millwall 2-0 Reading
Blackpool 0-2 Reading

Birmingham City 1-1 Cardiff City
Carlisle United 3-4 Cardiff City
Cardiff City 0-0 Swansea City

Match Odds

Reading - 6/5
Cardiff City - 11/5
Draw - 12/5

Predictions

Post your predictions below  :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: LATEST NEWS " READING v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:38 pm

FA CUP 4TH RD 3pm on a Saturday :bluebird:

Cardiff could have 4,000 tickets for the short away trip .

I believe we’ve accepted 3,400 tickets :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:10 pm

Reading win for me depending on both sides team selection, I can't see us winning a game at the moment as we can't perform for 90 mins and Harris doesn't know his best 11 and probably never will.

Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:49 pm

Vince Alm:

Supporters club have filled now 5 coaches in 24 hours for Reading next saturday keep the bookings coming. Should be a big turnout at this rate for the short trip and we have the whole end.

coach and ticket for adult supporters club members 30 pound cheaper than a chinese takeaway for the family :D

Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:50 pm

Vince Alm:

Online Reading Ticket purchases

There was an issue with payment gateway online this morning for those trying to buy Reading tickets but should be working it's way through now.

Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:55 pm

Cant wait :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:00 pm

Neil Harris has virtually a full strength squad to pick from :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mendez-Laing out for the season.

Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:01 pm

City 3-1 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:28 am

I would be fielding a full strength team for this one. Can't see us getting into top 6 (unless we have a few shock transfers come in) so might as well give the cup a good go and give the fans something to cheer about. People are on his case already so he could really do with a win.

2-1 win and a big away following! :bluescarf:

Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:53 am

VINCE ALM:

Reading Ticket update over 2,000 sold out of the 3,600 no excuses plenty left and should be a good atmosphere for the short trip down the M4 :bluebird:

Re: TEAM NEWS " READING v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:58 pm

NEIL HARRIS:

'We want to be in the next round'

On the desire to have a Cup run, Harris says:

“We want to win games of football. It’s a wonderful competition when you get to the later stages.

“It’s wonderful for people of an older generation that have the huge memories of giant killings and things.

“The players that played at Carlisle witnessed a real cup atmosphere. That showed to me what it still means to people.

“I’ll pick a team accordingly to honour the competition and get one over on a team that’s a fairly local rival to us. Ultimately we want to be in the next round of the cup.”

Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:23 pm

City 2-1

Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:00 pm

IS it pay on the gate?

Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:12 pm

Blanblue wrote:IS it pay on the gate?

Yes according to Annis on another thread. :thumbup: :old: :bluebird: £20 I think.

Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:23 am

Be interesting to see how we play away from the league pressure. But I imagine it will be the same rubbish.

Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:27 am

Although I should add that I have a feeling we might just win this one

Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:10 am

Cardiff City fans it’s pay cash on turnstiles tomorrow Away at Reading :thumbright: :bluebird:

CHEAP TICKETS/CASH TURNSTILES :bluebird:

2,500 Cardiff fans already going :bluebird:

Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:15 am

I think home advantage will tell, home win for me unfortunately.

Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:10 pm

0-2 city ,Morrison Tomlin

Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:13 pm

0-2 city Morrison Tomlin

Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:37 pm

Lets play direct with Patterson up top

Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:55 pm

I fancy us today
Pressure of the league off and revenge for the battering earlier in the season.

We will probably go out and win this by 3 or 4 then lose on saturday

Re: MATCH THREAD: " READING v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:02 pm

:bluebird:

Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:02 pm

Reading make 11 changes from Midweek game at Forest lol

Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:17 pm

Cardiff City XI: Smithies; Bacuna, Flint, Bamba, Bennett; Vaulks, Ralls; Whyte, Paterson, Murphy; Glatzel

Subs: Etheridge, Morrison, Pack, Nelson, Richards, Hoilett, Sang

Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:39 pm

Aden Flint starts so unfortunately Reading will score at least one goal.

I think we should play a what minute will Flint gift reading a goal game.

Will he get done for pace in the 33rd
Will he just stop with his hand in the air in the 12th
Or will it be a sloppy back pass in the 88th

You decide!!

Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:01 pm

Sol Bamba leads the Bluebirds out on to the pitch.

Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:01 pm

stream http://freestreams-live1.com/channel-4/ just make sure you use an adblocker

Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:02 pm

Sol Bamba leads the Bluebirds out on to the pitch.

Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:04 pm

Yakou Meite skips past Joe Bennett near the touchline and shoots from a tight angle, but Smithies gathers easily.