Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What is it with Harris?

Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:34 am

Ok I think we all didn’t want Harris to be manager,his results of 4 wins 6 draws and only two losses,with a side he inherited ain’t to bad,so is it the style of football Cardiff fans dislike,is that a result of the warnock years though?i think there haven’t been to many games down the ccs,where you ve come from the stadium feeling entertained,more of the feeling of the team got the job done with many a stiff neck being felt by the fans,does Harris deserve a break or is he just a puppet on a string

Re: What is it with Harris?

Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:28 am

caerblue wrote:Ok I think we all didn’t want Harris to be manager,his results of 4 wins 6 draws and only two losses,with a side he inherited ain’t to bad,so is it the style of football Cardiff fans dislike,is that a result of the warnock years though?i think there haven’t been to many games down the ccs,where you ve come from the stadium feeling entertained,more of the feeling of the team got the job done with many a stiff neck being felt by the fans,does Harris deserve a break or is he just a puppet on a string

He needs a break because he's taken over a squad that as no variety with players being too similar throughout, so when we need to have subs it's only like for like, so nothing changes! And of course he is restricted as to being able to bring in new players that everyone accepts we need. Only then can we see if NH is any good? Yes footy not brilliant but that is purely down to previous managers style and you cannot change it over night with same players but stats show recently that he is improving passing and possession even if players struggle to adapt as seen by varying performances from 1st half to 2nd half. That's no coincidence after what he said yesterday ... :old:

Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:54 pm

It’s the style of his football many fans are questioning,is it because if the players we have?,will it change once he gets in players he wants?,no body wants to see us use kick and rush anymore

Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:57 pm

He had his own players at Millwall and he left them in 18th place. Today there 7th.

Nobody should get there hopes up.

Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:02 pm

Yeah but Millwall have has the impetus of new managerial bounce....oh. Errr we got a new gaffer too

Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:25 pm

18th to 7th without him,that tells a story.

Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:43 pm

For me, for such an inexperienced manager with such an underwhelming track record to be doing ok and making the side improve since being appointed, highlights one thing....Just how poor the last year of Warnocks tenure was and how bad his recruitment was with reasonable funds.

Harris was not my choice, and I believe a better appointment could have seen us a little higher up the league, but with not much improvement in the football on show, because this collection of footballers, to my eyes couldn't play any more positive, fluid or exciting under a world class manager , they just aren't those type of players. This "Warnock way" is still very evident, and I feel will be whoever is in charge, until the squad is broken up with the addition of new blood offering different qualities. But as this window proves thus far, there is such a lack of transfer activity for lots of clubs not just us. He's not my guy Harris, but he is manager of my team, doing his best under difficult circumstances, and in some ways, based on some of the vitriol I have read towards him, has inherited a bit of a poisoned chalice.

Onwards and hopefully upwards :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:43 pm

Not bad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:49 pm

wez1927 wrote:Not bad

Wez , but football really low/dire

Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:15 pm

Big numbers following them away at the moment they need to up their game to keep them fans behind them

Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Its a little better than Warnock for me, and I don't think a real top manager would get much more quality out of them than Harris. In terms of football and entertainment value, I feel Theres only so far you can go with this squad

Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:20 am

Yet another bad signing
By the Tan Clan.

They fail to gauge the times,
The opportunities and most of
all, The fans....

The problem for me
is at the top

Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:25 am

The millions of pounds
Spunked on bad managers
Players and pay offs.

Then praise them for managing
the debt.
And still no core academy.

Fckin crazy.

Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:35 am

tangledupinblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Its a little better than Warnock for me, and I don't think a real top manager would get much more quality out of them than Harris. In terms of football and entertainment value, I feel Theres only so far you can go with this squad

It’s a results game and Warnock got away with it until this season as he produced success over all.

Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:37 am

If no one decent comes in
Harris will find he is doomed.
The toxicity will
Develop and be very
Difficult for him to
Turn that around.