Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Like pulling teeth

Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:17 am

What is happening in the tranfer window for CCFC :bluebird:
I also think Vaulks should stay he is young and the future are my thoughts. :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Re: Like pulling teeth

Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:25 am

brynleybridle wrote:What is happening in the tranfer window for CCFC :bluebird:
I also think Vaulks should stay he is young and the future are my thoughts. :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Age doesn't really enter into it. Ability does and our last two managers clearly don't believe that he has what it takes, else he would be a first team regular.

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:08 pm

he s 26 not exactly young should be performing now....i don t think hes good enough...like Bacuna and Pack not mobile enough.

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:18 pm

kimble wrote:he s 26 not exactly young should be performing now....i don t think hes good enough...like Bacuna and Pack not mobile enough.

I'd like to see more of him before deciding whether he's god enough but he's certainly mobile enough.

Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:48 pm

I thought fans wanted to return to blue, even if it meant playing in the bottom league. That's what many said on this forum when the demo's against red were taking place. Tan said he would reverse his decision, but would not be prepared to pump money into the club once this had been done. I don't think we should be too surprised that there is not much money available.

Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:51 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

I thought fans wanted to return to blue, even if it meant playing in the bottom league. That's what many said on this forum when the demo's against red were taking place. Tan said he would reverse his decision, but would not be prepared to pump money into the club once this had been done. I don't think we should be too surprised that there is not much money available.

You can get better for the same money what you just said is totally irrelevant.

We need to start finding the right players.

We didn’t have a pot to piss in whilst Dave Jones was here and we managed to sign a lot of good players why has that changed.

Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:15 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

We didn’t have a pot to piss in whilst Dave Jones was here and we managed to sign a lot of good players why has that changed.

I was responding to the OP who was asking what is happening in this transfer window. Who has mentioned Dave Jones or what has happened in the past. To the best of my knowledge our manager has not spent any money at all to date. I am not giving an opinion as to whether or not I agree with what is happening. I am simply repeating what Tan has said previously, and a possible reason why we are not spending much money.

Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:19 pm

AND He Is Welsh, I think Cardiff need some local players in the team.

Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:43 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

I was responding to the OP who was asking what is happening in this transfer window. Who has mentioned Dave Jones or what has happened in the past. To the best of my knowledge our manager has not spent any money at all to date. I am not giving an opinion as to whether or not I agree with what is happening. I am simply repeating what Tan has said previously, and a possible reason why we are not spending much money.

Yeah and I was responding to you to say what you told the op was irrelevant.

Then I mentioned we’ve signed good players in the past with out spending millions like whilst Dave Jones was in charge.

I don’t know why you didn’t get this from my first reply.

Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:39 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Yeah and I was responding to you to say what you told the op was irrelevant.

Then I mentioned we’ve signed good players in the past with out spending millions like whilst Dave Jones was in charge.

I don’t know why you didn’t get this from my first reply.

What's irrelevant about repeating what Tan said about spending money. Our present manager has said recently he has no money to spend and needs to offload players before he can bring in new ones. The op asked what is happening in this transfer window. I doubt if Dave Jones will have anything to do with this transfer window.

Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:31 am

I find it hard to believe that tan,even though saying he wouldn't be pumping cash into the club,still keeps our heads above water,and some fans want him to keep splashing the cash,after the wasted millions (including the possibility of having to cough up 15m) that has taken place? He has supported the previous managers,and he must now be thinking what have we got to show for it? A squad that is big,costing even more money,even if some are not in the match day squad,the gate money won't cover Tomlin's wage,let alone the rest of the costs of running the club,if he left us now,we'd be up shit creek,without a paddle in super fast time! I for one hope he stays around a while longer, because for me,the only black mark that will stand for some time,was the ludicrous colour change,for me,since then hes not done much wrong at all. :old: :bluebird:

Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:06 am

Read the Forum, fella. any player news/rumours, etc. will be put out there...

But I think you already know that, which is why this (not your first on the subject on non-news) is daft! ;)

Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:35 am

bluesince62 wrote:I find it hard to believe that tan,even though saying he wouldn't be pumping cash into the club,still keeps our heads above water,and some fans want him to keep splashing the cash,after the wasted millions (including the possibility of having to cough up 15m) that has taken place? He has supported the previous managers,and he must now be thinking what have we got to show for it? A squad that is big,costing even more money,even if some are not in the match day squad,the gate money won't cover Tomlin's wage,let alone the rest of the costs of running the club,if he left us now,we'd be up shit creek,without a paddle in super fast time! I for one hope he stays around a while longer, because for me,the only black mark that will stand for some time,was the ludicrous colour change,for me,since then hes not done much wrong at all. :old: :bluebird:

Great post :thumbup: It is universally accepted that the re-brand was a disaster and VT was correctly held accountable for that. But that was his only real big mistake.

Over the decade he has been here he has been a benevolent owner who has reduced our debt and I believe he will honour his promise to make us debt free by 2021. When you look at other owners who have asset stripped clubs we should really be counting our lucky stars.

What has gone wrong for him is he is surrounded by poor advisers who have wasted millions of pounds on useless managers and players.

Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:58 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:I find it hard to believe that tan,even though saying he wouldn't be pumping cash into the club,still keeps our heads above water,and some fans want him to keep splashing the cash,after the wasted millions (including the possibility of having to cough up 15m) that has taken place? He has supported the previous managers,and he must now be thinking what have we got to show for it? A squad that is big,costing even more money,even if some are not in the match day squad,the gate money won't cover Tomlin's wage,let alone the rest of the costs of running the club,if he left us now,we'd be up shit creek,without a paddle in super fast time! I for one hope he stays around a while longer, because for me,the only black mark that will stand for some time,was the ludicrous colour change,for me,since then hes not done much wrong at all. :old: :bluebird:

Great post :thumbup: It is universally accepted that the re-brand was a disaster and VT was correctly held accountable for that. But that was his only real big mistake.

Over the decade he has been here he has been a benevolent owner who has reduced our debt and I believe he will honour his promise to make us debt free by 2021. When you look at other owners who have asset stripped clubs we should really be counting our lucky stars.

What has gone wrong for him is he is surrounded by poor advisers who have wasted millions of pounds on useless managers and players.

I'm not sure our gate receipts pay Tomlins wages alone and I'm not sure Tans only mistake was the Red. I do know we would be up shits creek without him though.

We have wasted millions.

What I don't understand is how or why Tan hasn't questioned his advisors? Choo and Dalman appear to be trusted despite their involvement in decisions. Never forget Dalmans pride and getting OGS to be manager which must knew was doomed. And then Dalman has tried to buy another club. He must offer something that Tan thinks others can't but I struggle to see it.