Cornileus

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cornileus

Postby Matt_b » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:46 am

Watching Italian football highlights last night....Juventus v Parma....who scored for Parma? Andreas Cornileus.....we should have given the lad more time
Matt_b

Cornileus

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cornileus

Postby BluebirdForever » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:13 am

I don’t think he enjoyed his time here himself tbh. The level of toxicity at the club at the time wasn’t good with us being red, the anti-Tan wagon, followed by Malky’s sacking and then the scandal which followed. I’m not convinced he would ever have been this good if he had stayed with us but I could be wrong, you’ll never know. I agree that we could have held onto him for at least one more year and actually gave him playing time seeing as he was such an expensive gamble and we had very little in return
BluebirdForever

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:09 am

Matt_b wrote:Watching Italian football highlights last night....Juventus v Parma....who scored for Parma? Andreas Cornileus.....we should have given the lad more time

worst signing in the clubs history.
paulh_85

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:45 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Matt_b wrote:Watching Italian football highlights last night....Juventus v Parma....who scored for Parma? Andreas Cornileus.....we should have given the lad more time

worst signing in the clubs history.

I was thinking of a way to answer the OP but I can 't better yours tbh :thumbup:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby bluebird04 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:40 am

see i always thought Malky was thinking ahead when he signed him. he wasnt ready for top flight football, that was obvious, but i always thought malky had signed him for the next few years in mind, go on loan, develop him and have a decent sale value if we needed. the signing told me malky always felt the club would stay up.
bluebird04

Postby Pennydarrenblue » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:22 am

The signing told me that milky made a shit load of money from it.
Pennydarrenblue

Postby blue lagoon » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:41 am

Modern day football fans want instant successes and are not willing to watch fresh produce grow from seed. People just want ready made meals!!!
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE!
blue lagoon

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:43 am

bluebird04 wrote:see i always thought Malky was thinking ahead when he signed him. he wasnt ready for top flight football, that was obvious, but i always thought malky had signed him for the next few years in mind, go on loan, develop him and have a decent sale value if we needed. the signing told me malky always felt the club would stay up.

But that's madness in a club like ours. We didn't have £10-12m to splash on a player who may come good in 2 years time. Even the most one eyed Malky supporter would accept that the key is always to stay up in your first season, after that you can afford to take a couple of risks but not in that first season.

Still a lot of rumours about why Malky was so keen on that "deal" !!
piledriver64

Postby BC-CB » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:20 pm

Some people can't even spell his name properly :twisted:
BC-CB

Postby Stan_B » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:44 pm

I really do think some people live in an alternative reality where Cornelius was a decent player. He's shit and always will be. Outside of Copenhagen he has played 91 matches and scored 17 goals. That's what happen when he's not playing in a mickey mouse league!
Stan_B

Postby Sam ReaN » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:48 pm

I would go after Kenwyne Jones again. Cornelius never had the chance.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:46 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:I would go after Kenwyne Jones again. Cornelius never had the chance.

I'm hoping that's a joke !

Kenwyne was lazy and limited but his record of 54 games, 16 goals and 7 assists makes him one of our most effective strikers in recent years !!

At the time I was glad he left but now, after having to sit through likes of Madine, Bogle, etc., he'd be like signing a superstar !!

By the way I presume you never saw Cornelius play. If you had done you would have realised he didn't get much game time because he was simply awful. His performance coming on as a late sub against Liverpool even had the scousers laughing in sympathy !!
piledriver64

Postby Chippy82 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:35 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:I would go after Kenwyne Jones again. Cornelius never had the chance.

If I remember when he made his debut he got put clean through and punted the ball miles ahead of him he was well out of his depth
Chippy82

Postby Foghorn65 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:19 pm

That deal paid someone's mortgage off and his new teeth and hair transplant...MM
Foghorn65

Return to General Chat