Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Quite a few on the Forum say you can only Judge Neil Harris

Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:56 pm

Quite a few on the Forum say you can only Judge Neil Harris after two transfers markets.
Personally I believe if Harris is here for next season, our season ticket sales will drop by to as low 12,000 as fans will see No ambition by our club.
I personally hope Harris is not here.

Well this is the first and we shall see how Harris has done come the end of January 2020 :thumbright: :bluebird:

Four players out so far, No problem with that :thumbright:

Re: Quite a few on the Forum say you can only Judge Neil Har

Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:11 pm

Agree with giving him a chance to show what he can build and then judge from there.

Either way, let's get behind the team. I'm enjoying seeing us play some decent footie even if we're not to inventive up top and a bit loose at the back.
I'm hoping Tomlin, Glatz, Wardy and Whyte can form an understanding and show us some quality link up play.
We will miss Mendez though as Juniors not quite got the legs for a full 90.
Unfortunately Pack is no Gunner when it comes to protecting the back 4, I think they got used to having that protection. But Pack does have many good attributes.

Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:25 pm

StuK147 wrote:Agree with giving him a chance to show what he can build and then judge from there.

Either way, let's get behind the team. I'm enjoying seeing us play some decent footie even if we're not to inventive up top and a bit loose at the back.
I'm hoping Tomlin, Glatz, Wardy and Whyte can form an understanding and show us some quality link up play.
We will miss Mendez though as Juniors not quite got the legs for a full 90.
Unfortunately Pack is no Gunner when it comes to protecting the back 4, I think they got used to having that protection. But Pack does have many good attributes.

He needs the summer and bit of backing to improve this squad and get them playing a different way. This time next season will be the time to judge him properly. He will have no excuses then.

I think most people had already made up their minds about Harris before a ball was even kicked. Seems like a lot of people want him to fail.

Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:11 pm

i agree he needs the summer to try and over haul the squad, bring his players in. i am sick of hearing his excuse of "he hasnt had time to work on his ideas as theres been to many games" so he can have a full summer to work with them. i cant see him lasting until christmas though

Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Quite a few on the Forum say you can only Judge Neil Harris after two transfers markets.
Personally I believe if Harris is here for next season, our season ticket sales will drop by to as low 12,000 as fans will see No ambition by our club.

Well this is the first and we shall see how Harris has done come the end of January 2020 :thumbright: :bluebird:

They were always going to drop anyway, last year the Premier League glory fans dropped off, this year the we will walk the league top of the Championship fans will go, it was inevitable if we didn't win promotion, and they would still have dropped off if Warnock had stayed.

The club has to plan long term and many people won't stay for a mid-table Championship team, that's just how it is with the drifting glory hunter type fans we've had for the last couple of years.

Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Quite a few on the Forum say you can only Judge Neil Harris after two transfers markets.

You might turn out to be right about Harris but how can you possibly know after 14 games? You are on his case right across many different threads on here. Give the man a chance ffs.

Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:50 pm

Harris can only move forward if hes backed and supported by the board and tan. If hes given no money and no scope to improve the squad. Now or summer and needs to rely on frees loans and bargain basements. Then he is on a uphill task. If given the similar amount warnock spent then they can be judged on a par

Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:50 pm

The football is dire and he isn’t getting results.

Why would you give him more time nothing is going to change apart from even more money wasted on players the next manager won’t want and nobody else will take because our transfer committee have given an average championship player 30k a week.

Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:09 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:Harris can only move forward if hes backed and supported by the board and tan. If hes given no money and no scope to improve the squad. Now or summer and needs to rely on frees loans and bargain basements. Then he is on a uphill task. If given the similar amount warnock spent then they can be judged on a par

Agree. Though doubt it will happen financially.

Warnock seems to be a God to many on here and whilst I'm grateful for the ride if Sir Neil couldn't get his own recruits to be effective for the first 17 games this season our expectations of Harris need to be realistic whilst he has exactly the same squad of players minus a couple of donkeys he's managed to move on who Sir Neil should never have acquired in the first place.