Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

'We want to be in the next round'

Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:59 pm

'We want to be in the next round'

On the desire to have a Cup run, Neil Harris says:

“We want to win games of football. It’s a wonderful competition when you get to the later stages.

“It’s wonderful for people of an older generation that have the huge memories of giant killings and things.

“The players that played at Carlisle witnessed a real cup atmosphere. That showed to me what it still means to people.

“I’ll pick a team accordingly to honour the competition and get one over on a team that’s a fairly local rival to us. Ultimately we want to be in the next round of the cup.”

Re: 'We want to be in the next round'

Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:52 am

Forever Blue wrote:'We want to be in the next round'

On the desire to have a Cup run, Neil Harris says:

“We want to win games of football. It’s a wonderful competition when you get to the later stages.

“It’s wonderful for people of an older generation that have the huge memories of giant killings and things.

“The players that played at Carlisle witnessed a real cup atmosphere. That showed to me what it still means to people.

“I’ll pick a team accordingly to honour the competition and get one over on a team that’s a fairly local rival to us. Ultimately we want to be in the next round of the cup.”

Great to hear for a change :thumbup: Warnock never gave two f@cks about the cup. We could do with a good cup run to raise spirits. :old: :bluebird:

Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:20 pm

Then he needs to pick his strongest side- whatever that is. Anything else and they are empty words.

Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:05 pm

The usual empty words. Best team!? He don't know his best team.

Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:18 pm

He has no clue about his best starting 11 so his team sheets are a lottery.
I would like to see a cup run as play offs certainly are not on our agenda.

Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:51 pm

Still a chance ;)