Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Cardiff City home fixture could be moved for TV "

Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:07 pm

Cardiff City’s Sky Bet Championship home fixture against Brentford may be moved for television coverage.

City are currently scheduled to host the Bees at 3pm on Saturday 29th February.

However, we have been informed that the match could be moved to 7:45pm on Friday, 28th February for live Sky Sports broadcast.

A final decision will be made after the Aston Villa vs. Leicester City Carabao Cup tie next week.

Meanwhile, the Bluebirds' home match against Nottingham Forest has been selected by Sky Sports, with no change to the date or kick-off time (7:45pm, Tuesday 25th February).

Re: " Cardiff City home fixture could be moved for TV "

Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:45 pm

Leave our Saturday 3pms alone :banghead: :banghead:

Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:58 pm

Not another Friday. Ffs.

Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:06 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Not another Friday. Ffs.

Agree. Hate Friday night games.

Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:21 pm

If it is moved it means we'll have 7 of 23 home league games on Saturday games at 3pm this season.
Gonna affect season tickets sales surely

Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:31 pm

So to not have our game moved do we want Villa or Leicester to win?

Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:47 am

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:So to not have our game moved do we want Villa or Leicester to win?

Norwich v Leicester that night. So I'm assuming it's Villa we need to win.

Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:47 am

Pencoed wrote:If it is moved it means we'll have 7 of 23 home league games on Saturday games at 3pm this season.
Gonna affect season tickets sales surely

Shocking

Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:47 am

jimmy_rat wrote:
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:So to not have our game moved do we want Villa or Leicester to win?

Norwich v Leicester that night. So I'm assuming it's Villa we need to win.

Ta. Fingers crossed

Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:32 pm

But yet they wonder why some fans getting peed off with modern football if they move that I'm right in saying there will only be 2 3pms left on sat come on mind

Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:11 pm

This will definitely have an effect on ticket sales. I personally haven’t renewed my ST for this season. Living in Salisbury it’s not worth me having a ST for the Championship due to the amount of midweek/Friday night games. For me to get anywhere near Cardiff from Salisbury on a Friday afternoon/evening will take the best past of 3 and a half hours

Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:24 pm

Dbenson1991 wrote:This will definitely have an effect on ticket sales. I personally haven’t renewed my ST for this season. Living in Salisbury it’s not worth me having a ST for the Championship due to the amount of midweek/Friday night games. For me to get anywhere near Cardiff from Salisbury on a Friday afternoon/evening will take the best past of 3 and a half hours
its just crap modern football these days theres little to no thought towards the fans who go to the grounds week in week out