Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Harris:We've identified players I believe can strengthe

Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:22 pm

NEIL HARRIS:

'We've identified players I believe can strengthen us'l, getting them is the hard bit.”

“There’s loads of times during the season that are busy. You have it every year.

“Various years you’re set and you don’t want to do business, then something comes along and puts a stumbling block in the way. Injury, illness, a player demanding to leave. That’s football.

“You have to be prepared. We’ve identified players that I believe can strengthen us. I’m clear on that. I’ve identified players I’d like to work with. Whether we can get them is the hard bit.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Neil Harris:We've identified players I believe can stren

Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:28 pm

Same shit, different day.....

Less talk, more action......

Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:44 pm

Cardiff City boss Neil Harris says he is expecting a busy final week of the January transfer window, but admits efforts to bring new faces on board are becoming increasingly frustrating.

The Bluebirds take on Reading in the FA Cup on Saturday before facing the Royals again on the final day of the window next Friday.

And while Harris would love a cup run he accepts that most of the attention will continue to surround Cardiff's efforts in this transfer window, with the lack of incomings becoming an increasing worry for fans.

“I do understand why fans are concerned,” he said. “Do I want to get players in? Yes I do. We all see the need to add one or two to the group. I certainly see that in attacking and full-back positions.

“We’d love a couple of really good characters to come in and boost the group.”

Harris has revealed that the wheels are in motion to try and complete a move for someone else ahead of the final week.

“I know there’s a lot of work behind the scenes going on," he said. "I think we were close to one possibly coming in, but that was this morning and it was a player sought after by a lot of other clubs as well.

“We’ve been close to players that I thought we were going to get, but we haven’t because they’ve got into their teams.”

Insisting City will not be held to ransom on any potential deal, he said: "The club has spent a lot of money in recent years to bring players in. The club are now looking at whether they can bring the right player in for the right value.

"The blockage at the moment is not through a lack of will, certainly from me and my staff. It’s more, are the players there? We will only sign players at value for Cardiff City.

"That’s not about the board not wanting to spend money. Why should we overpay? You wouldn’t buy a house at £1m over price. I’m saying that’s how we work at this club. We don’t overpay for players at the moment.

"I think next week will be busy. The first few days after Christmas are always manic, with agents waking up and wanting to do business. Then it goes down a little bit because of all the jostling, then the last 72 hours it picks up again.

"It’s not ideal. If we get the players in that we require on the last day then so be it.”

As well as Moore, Cardiff have been linked with a couple of names from Europe in recent weeks, with Souleman Doumbia and Petar Musa among those mentioned.

But Harris said: "It's not really a market we’re looking at. I keep seeing us linked with players from abroad. Players I’ve never heard of. It’s quite bizarre that we’re linked with so many foreign players. We’ve a newly formed recruitment department that’s fully focused on the British market.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:52 pm

Groundhog day .

Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:02 pm

What a clown. He is literally saying the same shite day after day. Please leave mate and admit it's a step too far

Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:10 pm

We are now shopping in poundland, de ja vue slade again.

Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:30 pm

Come on now Neil just tell the truth you don’t have a faintest idea who’s going to be apart of your squad at the end of the transfer window.

We are going to sell what we can and then maybe just maybe if your lucky you will get a cheap loan in.

Or it’s probably in your contract to just smile and repeat the same lines you’ve been taught over and over again.

Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:37 pm

The only way we will spend any monies this window is if someone comes in with a transfer fee for one of our players.

Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:08 pm

Apart from the word scandalous not being used this could easily be Sir Neil talking.

Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:17 pm

Why would any footballer wanting to advance his career choose City?

Negative Neanderthal football? Who’d want it?

Only has been journeymen or mercenaries.

Now Brentford eg, that’s more like it. There’s a future there, they play modern football.

City are light years behind the upcoming group of clubs.

And it was so avoidable.

But City have people on the board who are clueless as to football. They don’t realise what they’ve got here. A decent sized and loyal fan base, a decent stadium but nobody with football vision.

Yet they replace a one off dinosaur footballing icon who was magnificent but also disastrous and replace him with a nice pleaser but unsuited manager.

We’ve been here before with Solskjaer, Slade and Trollop.

Until the board is replenished with some visionary’s, City are going nowhere but downwards

Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:19 pm

All this clown is doing is trying to buy us off buy saying the things the gulable people love to hear, he ain't got f**k all plus we can all say I have identified players. messi, Ronaldo firmino etc. (That's my list. ). NH you are no different to slade brought in to balance the books .
Feel sorry for u mate and u are doing a job anyone could do. Tan says jump and u jump. A billionaire hates to lose a dollar or a pound and tells the next boss what to do. That's fact.
:bluebird:

Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:41 pm

Danny Says wrote:Why would any footballer wanting to advance his career choose City?

Negative Neanderthal football? Who’d want it?

Only has been journeymen or mercenaries.

Now Brentford eg, that’s more like it. There’s a future there, they play modern football.

City are light years behind the upcoming group of clubs.

And it was so avoidable.

But City have people on the board who are clueless as to football. They don’t realise what they’ve got here. A decent sized and loyal fan base, a decent stadium but nobody with football vision.

Yet they replace a one off dinosaur footballing icon who was magnificent but also disastrous and replace him with a nice pleaser but unsuited manager.

We’ve been here before with Solskjaer, Slade and Trollop.

Until the board is replenished with some visionary’s, City are going nowhere but downwards

I agree.

Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:43 pm

We overpaid for Madine

Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:19 am

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Apart from the word scandalous not being used this could easily be Sir Neil talking.

I was thinking the same :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:47 am

Scoularfan wrote:We overpaid for Madine

I have read the article and I completely agree with NH we shouldn't be held to ransom and overpay for players who are no better than we already have.

Gary Madine was a classic example of wasted millions in the January window and the club are right to avoid such nonsense signings again.