Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Swansea Academy

Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:10 am

"I'm not quite sure where the rumour has originated from, I think it was something on Twitter. That's not true, we're not downgrading," he said at a fans' forum held at Taibach RFC.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... y-17622544

Re: Swansea Academy

Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:48 am

Fusilier52 wrote:"I'm not quite sure where the rumour has originated from, I think it was something on Twitter. That's not true, we're not downgrading," he said at a fans' forum held at Taibach RFC.

If you are promoted you will keep it, if you are not it'll be downgraded next season. Simple. It has already been pointed out a about 500 times by your buddy on here (who is never wrong) that cat 1 status is not sustainable in the championship.

Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:04 am

Escott1927 wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:"I'm not quite sure where the rumour has originated from, I think it was something on Twitter. That's not true, we're not downgrading," he said at a fans' forum held at Taibach RFC.

If you are promoted you will keep it, if you are not it'll be downgraded next season. Simple. It has already been pointed out a about 500 times by your buddy on here (who is never wrong) that cat 1 status is not sustainable in the championship.

Thats what not been said though is it , like all businesses you monitor it's running costs , I'm sure your Chairman does exactly the same,and spending millions with little or no return doesn't make sense.
If its down graded the local players are still out there , my understanding is that Cat 1 clubs get unrestricted national recruitment from u12s level (as long as they provide full-time education in-house). Lower categories have to stay within travel time limits until u17s. Recruiting first year scholars for the u18s as we have been doing wouldn't change if we dropped to Cat 3 .

Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:12 am

The aim is to keep it, but the likelihood is that we won’t.

We were able to take an element of risk last year by keeping it and also a few high earners due to the parachute payments. We are able to also do it this season to an extent.

Next season it gets reduced so imagine then we will be offloading Borja and Ayew and also downgrade the academy. Category 2 and Category 3 are barely different, but a huge difference in cost - so assume we will downgrade to level 3.

But who knows, these new signings look good and may give us the boost to sneak promotion. We have been going at 2 points a game for a little while now.

Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:25 am

Fusilier52 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

Thats what not been said though is it , like all businesses you monitor it's running costs , I'm sure your Chairman does exactly the same,and spending millions with little or no return doesn't make sense.
If its down graded the local players are still out there , my understanding is that Cat 1 clubs get unrestricted national recruitment from u12s level (as long as they provide full-time education in-house). Lower categories have to stay within travel time limits until u17s. Recruiting first year scholars for the u18s as we have been doing wouldn't change if we dropped to Cat 3 .

No doubt it will be reassessed depending on how you finish this season. Cat 1 status is obviously better, teams wouldn't spend millions running them if they weren't. Essentially it shouldn't affect scouting first year scholars no, but without the finances, resources and appeal of the academies status, it will be more difficult to identify players and bring them in. I would imagine so anyway. With all the cost cutting you are doing I cant imagine the club have retained all of their scouts they had in the prem? The players will still be out there, they will just be more difficult to find and sign.

Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:43 am

Why didn't op tag this on to other academy thread FFS !!!

Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:44 am

JulesK wrote:Why didn't op tag this on to other academy thread FFS !!!

Probably because it was getting derailed by others that couldn’t take Swansea fans talking sense. Just a guess.

Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:35 pm

I posted this because the "other " thread " was being derailed by , anyway I thought you told annis " bye"

Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:10 pm

My nephew plays for the under 15s and his mum has told me that they have sold the academy ground and the are downgrading to a cat 3 at the end of the season . And she’s a bit worried as he just signed a scholarship a year early to keep him at the club .

Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:49 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:

I posted this because the "other " thread " was being derailed by , anyway I thought you told annis " bye"

To that thread which is once again derailed by you talking to yourself with all your usernames !

Wait a minute I forget that was too difficult for you , sorry.

Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:53 pm

JulesK wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:

To that thread which is once again derailed by you talking to yourself with all your usernames !

Oh dear, you think fusillier is me? :lol:

By the way, all those usernames are replying to others - not myself, just a point of order :thumbup:

Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:23 pm

JulesK wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:

I really don't want to start a bitchfest but I'm me and foveryoung is someone else.

Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:36 pm

Imagine your life being so pathetic you feel the need to make multiple accounts on a rival forum and reply to yourself.
It must be a pitiful existence :laughing5:

Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:36 pm

todder76 wrote:My nephew plays for the under 15s and his mum has told me that they have sold the academy ground and the are downgrading to a cat 3 at the end of the season . And she’s a bit worried as he just signed a scholarship a year early to keep him at the club .

I'm not saying that you're making it up but the "person" who told you is .The Chairman in front of witnesses and the media has stated that

"At the moment we are undertaking a review of all of our operations. We've got two training grounds which is expensive to run. That is the reason why the status of the academy is being considered.

"I am doing my utmost to keep both training grounds in operation and the intention will be to maintain our category one status.

"We are in a small handful of clubs outside the Premier League that run a category one because it is very expensive to run.

"So you have to balance putting your money into that as opposed to putting into the first team in terms of player wages, but I'm trying to balance the books so I can maintain a competitive first team in addition to keeping an academy.

"The status of an academy isn't as important as the actual philosophy of the club in terms of being committed to youth.

"If you haven't got a manager who plays young players, then there's no point in having an academy, which is one of the reasons why Steve (Cooper) is highly regarded by us because of his reputation with youth"

So would a part time coach ( and I know a few there as my grandson until recently was with the U16s) tell a mother of a player who maybe released in any case the future of the Academy when in all honesty the coaching staff don't know.In my experience since 2012 the coaching staff at all times are the ones who are as tight lipped as could be humanly possible.

Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:46 pm

Ffs roathy is a right weirdo

Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:04 pm

wez1927 wrote:Ffs roathy is a right weirdo

If you like... he’s right though.

Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:27 pm

bobbybluebird1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Ffs roathy is a right weirdo

If you like... he’s right though.

...... Oh look who it is again

Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:46 pm

He's made another one? Holy shit he has a serious problem, like im not even joking or taking the piss here i genuinely think he has a mental disorder.
Maybe severely autistic or that histrionic personality disorder the guy posted about earlier that sounded pretty accurate.

Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:47 pm

Bluebird1990 wrote:He's made another one? Holy shit he has a serious problem, like im not even joking or taking the piss here i genuinely think he has a mental disorder.
Maybe severely autistic or that histrionic personality disorder the guy posted about earlier that sounded pretty accurate.

:lol: Course.

My friend, there is no limit to how many sets of 10 second accounts you can make when someone is desperate to stop you having your say. It really isn't difficult, anyone would think getting a username on a football forum is like a marathon in ballet shoes :lol:

Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:50 pm

bobbybluebird1 wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:He's made another one? Holy shit he has a serious problem, like im not even joking or taking the piss here i genuinely think he has a mental disorder.

:lol: Course.

My friend, there is no limit to how many sets of 10 second accounts you can make when someone is desperate to stop you having your say. It really isn't difficult, anyone would think getting a username on a football forum is like a marathon in ballet shoes :lol:

Its not about how easy it is to make them its about being pathetic enough to make a shit load of them just for the sole purpose of talking garbage. Get help, seriously

Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:53 pm

Bluebird1990 wrote:Its not about how easy it is to make them its about being pathetic enough to make a shit load of them just for the sole purpose of talking garbage. Get help, seriously

When one gets banned, I make another. Rocket science it aint.

If what I said was garbage then I wouldn't get the reaction I do. The fact people go to extreme lengths to stop me having my say suggests what I say is quite the opposite :thumbup:

Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:56 pm

bobbybluebird1 wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:Its not about how easy it is to make them its about being pathetic enough to make a shit load of them just for the sole purpose of talking garbage. Get help, seriously

If what I said was garbage then I wouldn't get the reaction I do. The fact people go to extreme lengths to stop me having my say suggests what I say is quite the opposite :thumbup:

Its your im right you're wrong lalalalalalalala attitude, tou twist and manipulate things to suit your agenda.
Your life is seriously pathetic, ill be putting you on block after this because you're a worthless cretin.
But before i go please get checked for autism or that other disorder, im not joking i seriously think you should be tested.

Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:46 am

Bluebird1990 wrote:Its your im right you're wrong lalalalalalalala attitude, tou twist and manipulate things to suit your agenda.
Your life is seriously pathetic, ill be putting you on block after this because you're a worthless cretin.
But before i go please get checked for autism or that other disorder, im not joking i seriously think you should be tested.

I think that's your insecurity when I post something accurate to be honest.

The rest of your post is just noise. :laughing6:

Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:09 am

Fusilier52 wrote:
todder76 wrote:My nephew plays for the under 15s and his mum has told me that they have sold the academy ground and the are downgrading to a cat 3 at the end of the season . And she’s a bit worried as he just signed a scholarship a year early to keep him at the club .

I'm not saying that you're making it up but the "person" who told you is .The Chairman in front of witnesses and the media has stated that

"At the moment we are undertaking a review of all of our operations. We've got two training grounds which is expensive to run. That is the reason why the status of the academy is being considered.

"I am doing my utmost to keep both training grounds in operation and the intention will be to maintain our category one status.

"We are in a small handful of clubs outside the Premier League that run a category one because it is very expensive to run.

"So you have to balance putting your money into that as opposed to putting into the first team in terms of player wages, but I'm trying to balance the books so I can maintain a competitive first team in addition to keeping an academy.

"The status of an academy isn't as important as the actual philosophy of the club in terms of being committed to youth.

"If you haven't got a manager who plays young players, then there's no point in having an academy, which is one of the reasons why Steve (Cooper) is highly regarded by us because of his reputation with youth"

So would a part time coach ( and I know a few there as my grandson until recently was with the U16s) tell a mother of a player who maybe released in any case the future of the Academy when in all honesty the coaching staff don't know.In my experience since 2012 the coaching staff at all times are the ones who are as tight lipped as could be humanly possible.

If you can’t see the spin he’s clearly putting on that then god help you. It’s like an MP, or a peter risdale, these top execs are masters at getting through what they need to at any given time. I think kids who are there parents already knowing what’s what us a good indicator :lol: let them spin that one

Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:13 am

bobbybluebird1 wrote:

Delusion...get a life pal, it’s slipping you by. You need a family or something to save your life boredom. Feel sorry for you genuinely. You won’t see it though, because of the issues you have.

Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:07 am

Yet another thread ruined

Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:14 am

goats wrote:
Delusion...get a life pal, it’s slipping you by. You need a family or something to save your life boredom. Feel sorry for you genuinely. You won’t see it though, because of the issues you have.

:laughing6: Keep trying goats.

All the while spending your days on here making old wives tales about Swansea, keep working hard and you may one day get to where I am and you are able to share your honest and frank views in complete personal security in all departments.... that’s why I get under your skin am I right? (Rhetoric) :laughing6:

Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:20 am

Fusilier52 wrote:Yet another thread ruined

Yep. Mods have a very easy job once they accept that I won’t accept being banned for simply giving my view, I’ve been here 8 years and this nonsense has never made me give in to cowardly action before, can’t see it happening now.

So they need to look at WHY these threads get ruined and pin point the first off topic or abusive post. 9999 out of 10,000 of them will be due to one of the obsessives getting their knickers in a twist that I have made a good post. It’s those that need stopping and the issue is gone in an instant.

The other option just means a billion usernames get used to say the same thing I would have said under 1
name. All the while making all those usernames extinct for others to use and also making a mockery of those that genuinely don’t like my posts and actually put a username on ignore (not those that pretend to not like them because they are threatened by them).

I often say forward thinking and common sense is missing... no more so than here.

Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:39 am

i dont think anything has been officalised yet. i think the jacks will wait till the end of the season before making any decision. if they fail to go up, that doesn't necessarily mean it will be downgraded or sold. they will probably see how much they bring in via transfers before deciding aswell. alot on here seem overjoyed about this rumour, but the truth is, even at CAT 3, they are still producing more than us, and better. and i dont trust our club to take advantage of the situation

Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:58 pm

Rogerthat wrote:
goats wrote:

:laughing6: Keep trying goats.

All the while spending your days on here making old wives tales about Swansea, keep working hard and you may one day get to where I am and you are able to share your honest and frank views in complete personal security in all departments.... that’s why I get under your skin am I right? (Rhetoric) :laughing6:

What tales, like losing your academy? Getting 9000 crowds, all of which are true.
I don’t have to work that hard these days thanks, I’ve got six houses and no mortgages and live a very nice life.
I also have a lovely wife and beaut kids. Life is sweet. You clearly have nothing going on and think life is all about money which once you attain you quickly realise it so isn’t.