Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: FAO MODS

Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:18 am

ElyBoy1984 wrote:
Like i said, you seem to lack the personal insight to understand your own behaviour. And I don't believe you're ironically on a wind up the way Barnett would've been.

Are you seriously suggesting the vast majority of this board think your behaviour is sound and reasonable?

Again, there is no insight needed - it is what it is.

I post my views, people get annoyed and complain that I am allowed to have a view... I get banned... I create another username in a couple of seconds to allow me to continue to express them like everyone else. That is not ''behaviour'', it is using a forum as it is intended - to give footballing thoughts.

What the vast majority of people think (or in many cases claim to think) is of little consequence to me. Do you think it is sound and reasonable behaviour to be so annoyed by someone giving sensible views to the point you spend hours abusing them and calling for their views to be silenced?

If we use modern standards to behaviour and discourse in which free speech and tolerance is paramount - then by definition my actions are not only rational but wholly admirable. The other however would come under fascism, right?

What is it that you find so offensive about someone giving his views on football on a football forum out of interest?

Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:21 am

ElyBoy1984 wrote:
Rogerthat wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
Everyone is bonkers and you're the sane one.

Everyone? Don't be so daft.

The handful that run around the forum crying because someone is having his say on football matters. Those ones are bonkers :thumbup:

Like i said, you seem to lack the personal insight to understand your own behaviour. And I don't believe you're ironically on a wind up the way Barnett would've been.

Are you seriously suggesting the vast majority of this board think your behaviour is sound and reasonable?

The guy is nuts. Take the piss or ignore.

I'm genuinely finding him hilarious these days. Must be such a sad boy. I'm assuming he's under 18 the way he behaves? Either that or it's female, always having to have the last word.

Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:29 am

jimmy_rat wrote:

I'm genuinely finding him hilarious these days. Must be such a sad boy. I'm assuming he's under 18 the way he behaves? Either that or it's female, always having to have the last word.

:laughing6: These posts are always hilariously telling, these usually come out when realisation hits that no amount of abuse affects me and there is no come back to my points.

''feel sorry for him, hes probably a girl, probably about 12 years old, probably only got 3 toes, probably lives in a box, probably sleeps in a altitude chamber, probably smokes wild goats in his tent... probably some kind of half mutant fish cross bred with a dinosaur'' :laughing6:

Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:52 am

Rogerthat wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:

:laughing6: These posts are always hilariously telling, these usually come out when realisation hits that no amount of abuse affects me and there is no come back to my points.

''feel sorry for him, hes probably a girl, probably about 12 years old, probably only got 3 toes, probably lives in a box, probably sleeps in a altitude chamber, probably smokes wild goats in his tent... probably some kind of half mutant fish cross bred with a dinosaur'' :laughing6:

I knew you'd be able to predict the future too.

You're practically perfect in every way.

How's that cure for cancer looking? Didn't think you'd have time to continue your research as you're on that spaceship to be the first man to set foot on Mars or is it because youve invented teleportation too?

Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:06 am

jimmy_rat wrote:
Rogerthat wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:

How's that cure for cancer looking? Didn't think you'd have time to continue your research as you're on that spaceship to be the first man to set foot on Mars or is it because youve invented teleportation too?

And there it is, exactly what I was describing in one neat package.

I have never described myself as perfect, but not the first time that attempted jibe has been put to me. That shows the outer view of the man behind the poster and the exact reason as to why people react the way they do.

It's identity politics - two people can say the same thing, in the same way - but one will get a very different reaction to the other. That comes down to perception. When I am correct then I am arrogant, when someone else is - then its fine.

This is why MP's are slated and not trusted. Whatever they say, no matter how sensible or factual will be met with utter nonsense, this is due to the fact that many are upper class and there is a level of resentment there and possibly a twinge of jealousy. These forums are little tiny slices of the world in general and the reactions to people are no different.

Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:53 am

Rogerthat wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
Rogerthat wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:

And there it is, exactly what I was describing in one neat package.

I have never described myself as perfect, but not the first time that attempted jibe has been put to me. That shows the outer view of the man behind the poster and the exact reason as to why people react the way they do.

It's identity politics - two people can say the same thing, in the same way - but one will get a very different reaction to the other. That comes down to perception. When I am correct then I am arrogant, when someone else is - then its fine.

This is why MP's are slated and not trusted. Whatever they say, no matter how sensible or factual will be met with utter nonsense, this is due to the fact that many are upper class and there is a level of resentment there and possibly a twinge of jealousy. These forums are little tiny slices of the world in general and the reactions to people are no different.

And there it is in one neat package... The playground fool is suddenly a psychology expert, a psychic and when have you ever been wrong? You're perfect. Don't put yourself down sweetheart.

Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:06 am

Sometimes it would be better just to let him be Roathie and those who want to out in ignore.

As just said many times others are accused of being him and you can’t just keep banning every name that joins.

We ended up once banning Cardiff fans.

Also their are genuine Jacks who want to post.

Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:14 am

:sad7:
Forever Blue wrote:Sometimes it would be better just to let him be Roathie and those who want to out in ignore.

As just said many times others are accused of being him and you can’t just keep banning every name that joins.

I think the discussion we had regarding an announcement of my username and 72 hours of no posting while those who wish to put me on ignore can do so is probably something to explore now.

As you know, my posts are perfectly fair but the reaction to them ruins the board. If those people no longer see them and as a result don’t get triggered by my presence then that has to be a good thing for everyone.

Those that then moan after that I am having a view that they don’t want to read or face up to - don’t really have a leg to stand on as they refused the chance to help themselves by using the ignore facility.

Regardless of opinions of me, there is no denying that what I post is good information and knowledge it’s just about whether people want to admit it. My breakdown of PL ownership recently was an attempt to help some see why FIFA made the decision they did, yet again that was met with nonsense.
Last edited by Rogerthat on Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:14 am

Forever Blue wrote:Sometimes it would be better just to let him be Roathie and those who want to out in ignore.

:thumbright:

Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:18 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:

:thumbright:

Worcester, I am about to create my single use username that people can then identify immediately it is me. Leave this one open for now so I can PM you with the details and we can get it sorted.

Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:41 am

thomasblue wrote:Surely the best way to sort it out would be to verify accounts with a text message to a mobile phone number.Each number is only allowed one account.
If you want a account you have to give the mobile number in which will be used to send a activation code to. If his number comes up just ban it.

Brilliant this needs to be done for new accounts, to stop the cwnt once and for all :thumbup:

Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:43 am

ElyBoy1984 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:Surely the best way to sort it out would be to verify accounts with a text message to a mobile phone number.Each number is only allowed one account.
If you want a account you have to give the mobile number in which will be used to send a activation code to. If his number comes up just ban it.

Couldn't he just buy a 50p simcard with a new number?

close him straight away 10 times a day the cost and the hassle would stop him

Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:46 am

Bluebina wrote:

Brilliant this needs to be done for new accounts, to stop the cwnt once and for all :thumbup:

Jesus Christ :laughing6:

Stop me doing what by the way? Posting my thoughts?

My word what a crime :laughing6:

Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:49 am

RV Casual wrote:I ignore him as best I can, I wont ever respond to him and this is what hurts him the most, its just a shame that some will bite and reply which gives his the satisfaction he craves.

He does have issues, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to work that out, we all have differing opinions, I'm fairly sure I have had a few disagreements with the OP in the past but that's all it ever is, differing opinions and nothing personal. Same as Annis the Forum owner, I'm sure Annis won't be offended by me saying I disagree with some of the things he says and then on the other side I also agree with a hell of a lot he says. That, right there is the beauty of an internet forum, a place where you can have you're say and debate with fellow Football fans without thinking you're opinion is right and theirs is wrong.

With 'Roathie' it isn't a debate, its about 'him' and his 'way' and 'view' of the world, you only have to look at the thread Annis created 'I can only see us getting dragged through the mud'.

Barry Welsh claims no other Club would have acted like we have. Well that is absolutely impossible to say as it hasn't happened before which to quote the freak is a 'fact' and when I said the only person who's been involved in a Football Club who's made a personal opinion in the matter is Simon Jordan who's says he understand where we are coming from he brands 'Simon Jordan' and idiot, you can only laugh really :laughing5:

Simon Jordan a man who is GIVEN a platform to point out his views on the Nations Biggest Sports Radio channel, a bloke who has actually had inside views of a Football Club as a child.

A bloke who with his partner set up a company with £30,000 and sold it 6 years later for £70 million+ and despite his mistakes is still a millionaire, but yes the blokes an idiot in comparison to a bloke who creates multiple usernames on a rival teams forum in the odd needs for some kind of weird satisfaction only known to him.

However what pisses me off the most is the boards stance and they keep validating his usernames including AbertwaeTown and Swanzee both validated today, you know its him so stop accepting, its really not that difficult.

Put the board on a one month lockdown, no new usernames, and them review it, make is a vouched for board where known users can vouch for new members or follow one of the other ideas otherwise this board is going to die, its already on its knees as a debating place for fans.

I agree it's going downhill, only a matter of time before people drift off to other boards or do something else!

Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:49 am

Anyway, new username now created. Once it is accepted I will create a thread to state it is my username and those that wish to place me on ignore can do so. Those that refuse to... but then complain only have themselves to blame.

Probably best the thread is locked immediately to stop 10 pages of toy throwing though. :roll:

Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:52 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:I might be being thick here but surely if he was allowed on with the original user name of Roathie without that being banned then those who didn't want to talk to him could just use the ignore function?

Doesnt this constant battle make everyone's lives harder in terms of knowing which accounts to ban and ignore?

Stupid way of phrasing it but essentially 'decriminilazing' him would mean he wouldn't have to keep 'breaking the law's as it were in setting up new accounts all the time.

It must be exhausting for everyone involved surely?

Barnett was a far better troll though.

Anyone remember the thread he claimed to be a scout for Serie A? Top class trolling that.

Roathie just likes winning arguments and cant let things go and has that knack of making you want to bite back which is why he gets the long neverending threads - but ultimately he lacks the over the top flair and creativity Barnett had in terms of on point trolling.

I dont often engage with him but when I have sone it's been largely in good faith and all harmless. Mostly I just dont bother though and so whether he is here or not and what he's called on any given day doeant really doesnt bother me.

And no, just because I have a neutral opinion of public enemy number one does not mean I am another multi of his. Just for the record before the inevitable accusatory hmmm... comes along because I wrote a longer than average post.

The other site got rid of Barnett they just said feck off Barnett every time he posted, people don't seem to want to do that here though they argue with the prick

Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:57 am

Bluebina wrote:
The other site got rid of Barnett they just said feck off Barnett every time he posted, people don't seem to want to do that here though they argue with the prick

That’s because Barnett posts nonsense - what I say hits home and people as a result feel the need to combat it any way they can and not just respond with a quip.... and of course trolling a poster because you don’t want to face the facts he presents does nothing for the forum, does it.
Last edited by Rogerthat on Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:58 am

Igovernor wrote:I guess you did not like my post re making me a mod to sort roathie out, once and for all. Nothing has been done about him, when it is so simple to do. I did say I have the time and inclination, I guess that the inclination bit is the one that got my post deleted. I cannot find it anywhere on the posts about jacks quite a shock
Rothie is now even talking to himself
Swansee and abertaweswan
also badgeofhonor and welshcasual he really is going to town ruining this board!

I sent you two messages and offered you a mods job, even put my tel number on there :thumbright: :bluebird: