Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Quality by Reading FC ‘

Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:29 pm

:bluebird: :thumbright:

Reading's thoughtful words

This is what they said.

Cup football is all about winning and losing. One team’s cup run will end, the other’s will continue on the road to Wembley.
But this afternoon, as we meet Cardiff City in the FA Cup fourth round, we stand side by side with our opponents and, together, remember that football - winning and losing - is not always as important as we think it is.
A year on... Rest in peace, Emiliano Sala and David Ibbotson.

Reading FC
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Quality by Reading FC ‘

Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:30 pm

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:35 pm

Well done Reading :bluebird:

Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote::bluebird: :thumbright:

As you say Annis, Quality.
It’s why I love football and it’s fans - we can shout and take the mick out of each other all game but when it matters, there can be respect ....most of the time. :bluescarf:

Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:37 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote::bluebird: :thumbright:

As you say Annis, Quality.
It’s why I love football and it’s fans - we can shout and take the mick out of each other all game but when it matters, there can be respect ....most of the time. :bluescarf:

Spot on :thumbright: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:37 pm

Superb from Reading FC :clap:

To be fair to them, always one of the friendlier clubs we visit :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:38 pm

Agreed, quality by them.

A great gesture

Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:27 pm

Reading's thoughtful words

This is what they said.

Cup football is all about winning and losing. One team’s cup run will end, the other’s will continue on the road to Wembley.
But this afternoon, as we meet Cardiff City in the FA Cup fourth round, we stand side by side with our opponents and, together, remember that football - winning and losing - is not always as important as we think it is.
A year on... Rest in peace, Emiliano Sala and David Ibbotson.

Reading FC

Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:30 pm

Class ....great words from Reading FC...

Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:02 pm

That's a nice touch.

Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:09 pm

An then they went and spoiled it all by saying something stupid like "I love Ewe!" ;) :lol:

From what I'm hearing, it was very poor from Reading today and sings sung were no different to what we hear at the CCS...and I can't recall anything deliberately racist? :?

Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:30 am

Sven wrote:An then they went and spoiled it all by saying something stupid like "I love Ewe!" ;) :lol:

From what I'm hearing, it was very poor from Reading today and sings sung were no different to what we hear at the CCS...and I can't recall anything deliberately racist? :?

I hope your happy with yourself, I cant get that bloody song out of my head now :lol: