We must demand a full appology from Reading

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby JJ1927 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:18 am

I was at the game yesterday and was disgusted by the announcement made by Reading which was only too readily jumped upon by a compliant media

The club and the supporters club must go on the attack on our behalf and demand a full explanation from Reading. If it turns out that the announcement was unjustified -as it clearly was in my opinion- demand a full apology which is given as much publicity as that which their original announcement was.

No pussyfooting around with the usual weasel words along the lines of "we take these issues very seriously" etc, etc. A proper apology

Cardiff supporters may be many things but one thing we have never been is racist. Reading football club have made an unjustified attack on that reputation and the club must not sit back and accept it.
JJ1927

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: We must demand a full appology from Reading

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:17 am

I fully agree with the OP but we all know eventually all we will receive is weasel words. The best we will hear is "after a full investigation by Reading FC it was found that no evidence exists that supporters of Cardiff City chanted racist abuse"

As for an apology that is dreamland territory.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby bluesince62 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:59 pm

More chance of roathy leaving the forum for good :lol: but it should be a full apology,not just from reading,but the media also,for jumping on the story,before any investigation found that there was no further action to be taken!!! But we are cardiff city,we shouldn't expect anything less,any stick to beat us with,is fought over :roll: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby Sam ReaN » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:28 pm

Its as basic as us Welsh against them English. They dont care about us Reading so why should we care about them.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby Magicalempire » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:17 pm

It seems 4 Cardiff fans have now been arrested for racially motivated abuse.

I think a few on here may well owe the victims of the alleged abuse an apology.

I have honestly been shocked by the reaction on here.
Magicalempire

Postby Magicalempire » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:18 pm

Four Cardiff City fans were arrested for "alleged racially aggravated abuse" during Saturday's 1-1 FA Cup draw at Reading, Thames Valley Police said.

The four males have been released under investigation.

Two of the four, aged 15 and 24, are from Caerphilly, with a 16-year-old from Abergavenny and a 21-year-old from Crickhowell arrested too.

Thames Valley Police said: "The force will continue to work in partnership with the clubs and South Wales Police."

Warnings relating to the alleged incidents were issued via the public address system at Madejski Stadium.

On Saturday, Cardiff City said in a statement they were aware of the allegations.

"We will be speaking with Reading Football Club, Thames Valley Police and South Wales Police - in attendance with our travelling support - to ascertain the facts of the matter," said the Bluebirds.

"We will conduct these conversations with the relevant authorities before making any further comment."

A Football Association spokesperson said the body is aware of the allegations and will also be investigating.
Magicalempire

Postby Plynlymonbluebird » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:21 pm

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird:
Plynlymonbluebird

Postby Bluedodo » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:27 pm

Magicalempire wrote:Four Cardiff City fans were arrested for "alleged racially aggravated abuse" during Saturday's 1-1 FA Cup draw at Reading, Thames Valley Police said.

The four males have been released under investigation.

Two of the four, aged 15 and 24, are from Caerphilly, with a 16-year-old from Abergavenny and a 21-year-old from Crickhowell arrested too.

Thames Valley Police said: "The force will continue to work in partnership with the clubs and South Wales Police."

Warnings relating to the alleged incidents were issued via the public address system at Madejski Stadium.

On Saturday, Cardiff City said in a statement they were aware of the allegations.

"We will be speaking with Reading Football Club, Thames Valley Police and South Wales Police - in attendance with our travelling support - to ascertain the facts of the matter," said the Bluebirds.

"We will conduct these conversations with the relevant authorities before making any further comment."

A Football Association spokesperson said the body is aware of the allegations and will also be investigating.

Roathieeeeeee bluebirds bluebirds bluebirds
Bluedodo

Postby Bluebird_87 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:27 pm

Magicalempire wrote:It seems 4 Cardiff fans have now been arrested for racially motivated abuse.

May, if, could, maybe. Let's see
Bluebird_87

Postby Magicalempire » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:34 pm

Bluebird_87 wrote:
Magicalempire wrote:It seems 4 Cardiff fans have now been arrested for racially motivated abuse.

Exactly hence why the outright denials is bizarre.

As the manager quite rightly says, let’s see what the investigation brings.

To be demanding apologies after 4 arrests is crazy.
Magicalempire

Postby Bluebird_87 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:41 pm

Magicalempire wrote:
Bluebird_87 wrote:

Ifs, buts, maybes. As per previous post, anyone can report a crime. The police have a duty to act on it. It doesn't mean it happened.
Bluebird_87

Postby Magicalempire » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:44 pm

Bluebird_87 wrote:
Ifs, buts, maybes. As per previous post, anyone can report a crime. The police have a duty to act on it. It doesn't mean it happened.

Doesn’t mean it didn’t either, hence demanding an apology at this early stage is barmy.

For arrests to be made in this country there needs to be a reasonable suspicion of wrong doing, that’s doesn’t just mean a complaint.

I couldn’t call up the police and get you arrested for example, there needs to be reasonable grounds for arrest.
Magicalempire

Postby bluesince62 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:03 pm

Bluebird_87 wrote:
Magicalempire wrote:
Bluebird_87 wrote:

I think a certain poster has said before"innocent until proven guilty" as you rightly called it,the police,if a crime has been reported,are duty bound to investigate it,regardless if it happened to be right,or the accusation proves to be unfounded.standard practise here as far as I am aware,perhaps it's different in australia? ?? So IF there are no charges laid on the four,we should demand an apology,however I wouldn't bet my house on us getting one.as no charges surely means no evidence to support the alleged insults. :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:53 pm

All been released no charges to be brought so innocent :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Plynlymonbluebird » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:00 pm

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird:
Plynlymonbluebird

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:04 pm

All 4 Cardiff fans Released with NO charges :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

The stewards have been interviewed by the police and I believe there will be no more arrests and no investigation.
This is the end of the matter.

Just wish media would now state this :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby dogfound » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:08 pm

shocked...mate you must be used to being wrong by now surely
dogfound

Postby Chippy82 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:08 pm

If they been released no charge then that's all good with me the club should be demanding a apology off reading football club the announcement wasnt needed aswell which has led to the club getting a right rollicking in press which now wasnt justified
Chippy82

Postby Chippy82 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:11 pm

JJ1927 wrote:I was at the game yesterday and was disgusted by the announcement made by Reading which was only too readily jumped upon by a compliant media

The club and the supporters club must go on the attack on our behalf and demand a full explanation from Reading. If it turns out that the announcement was unjustified -as it clearly was in my opinion- demand a full apology which is given as much publicity as that which their original announcement was.

No pussyfooting around with the usual weasel words along the lines of "we take these issues very seriously" etc, etc. A proper apology

Cardiff supporters may be many things but one thing we have never been is racist. Reading football club have made an unjustified attack on that reputation and the club must not sit back and accept it.

25 years gone away never once heard anything till yest I'm pissed off with there club with the announcement tarring us all with same brush it should never have happend if the guys been let off no charges then surely a apology will be following
Chippy82

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:11 pm

Chippy82 wrote:If they been released no charge then that's all good with me the club should be demanding a apology off reading football club the announcement wasnt needed aswell which has led to the club getting a right rollicking in press which now wasnt justified

I hope Cardiff do and should do :thumbright: :bluebird:

And yes they all have :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby buckleys brewery » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:27 pm

Obviously a misunderstanding then. The tannoy announcement was still over the top though. Even if there had been an incident involving a handful of fans, why accuse everyone else that were there?
buckleys brewery

Postby Sven » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:02 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I fully agree with the OP but we all know eventually all we will receive is weasel words. The best we will hear is "after a full investigation by Reading FC it was found that no evidence exists that supporters of Cardiff City chanted racist abuse"

As for an apology that is dreamland territory.

It was the same with the Tottenham accusations :thumbup:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby dogfound » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:27 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:Obviously a misunderstanding then. The tannoy announcement was still over the top though. Even if there had been an incident involving a handful of fans, why accuse everyone else that were there?

yep. its the tannoy announcement that made it news..
dogfound

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:09 pm

Topic Of The Moment ....
TopCat CCFC

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:18 am

pembroke allan wrote:All been released no charges to be brought so innocent :thumbup:

Well although I can't see the majority of posts from a certain poster,looks like he couldn't wait himself for the final outcome,no further action to be taken,the words eat humble and pie springs to mind :laughing5: now,are you going to make my forecast regarding us getting an apology,or you leaving the forum prediction correct? I highly doubt it :roll: I bet he cuts a sad figure after spewing his jizz over thsee ALLEGATIONS! Only to find he came prematurely. :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:25 am

dogfound wrote:

And whoosh he is gone :laughing5: poor guy wasted one of his ten a night wanks on this story,bless. :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby stentona » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:59 am

bluesince62 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

And whoosh he is gone :laughing5: poor guy wasted one of his ten a night wanks on this story,bless. :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

Premature jack-elation :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:
stentona

Postby goats » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:27 pm

Bore of you loser
goats

Postby jimmy_rat » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:38 pm

Magicalempire wrote:
Bluebird_87 wrote:

Doesn’t mean it didn’t either, hence demanding an apology at this early stage is barmy.

For arrests to be made in this country there needs to be a reasonable suspicion of wrong doing, that’s doesn’t just mean a complaint.

I couldn’t call up the police and get you arrested for example, there needs to be reasonable grounds for arrest.

Quick bookmark this... The perfect ten, Champion of the people, man of many talents, he who must speak last...

Has been proven wrong!

I think he owes some apologies.
jimmy_rat

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:52 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
Magicalempire wrote:
Bluebird_87 wrote:

Quick bookmark this... The perfect ten, Champion of the people, man of many talents, he who must speak last...

Has been proven wrong!

I think he owes some apologies.

You must be joking. The man is never wrong in his eyes. Everyone else can see he is and so he will do the usual vanishing act while he thinks of ways he can try to wriggle out of this one. He certainly has the gift of being able to make himself look a right tool without any help from members of this forum. Perhaps his next user name should be more suited to him, possibly "forum idiot" would be an easy way for the rest of us to instantly identify his posts.
Steve Zodiak

Next

Return to General Chat